The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Lindsey thing was cool, elle. Goes to show there are many ways to give. Wasn't it Lindsey's idea to have the marching band play on Tusk? Again, not exactly philanthropic, but what a great experience for those kids!
Old 04-30-2017, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wasn't it Lindsey's idea to have the marching band play on Tusk? Again, not exactly philanthropic, but what a great experience for those kids!
I think in that USC thing that Lindsey said he really had no idea how they got the marching band or even Dodger Stadium. He said maybe it was Mick but he wasn't sure. In those outtakes from the Tusk shoot it's kind of cute though when he's talking to the marching band girl and she's saying they're not used to that music and he's saying it's just the approach. There's a sweet picture where she's hugging him super tight and he's smiling.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Yes, Stevie held yearly Concerts in Arizona for AHI. I love the bootleg acoustic version of Gypsy that Lindsey and Waddy Wachtel played on about 16 years ago. I wish they played it that way on a Mac concert (I am sure some people would prefer an ensemble version of Big Love, as well).
I think she's supported City of Hope, too. Someone mentioned Lindsey's donations to ACLU and GLAAD (I think those were back in the 90s), but that's not to say he still doesn't support them or other causes.

But no, they're not really known for their philanthropy.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the end of the BTM shows they were collecting money for Greenpeace.

Michele
Old 05-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first concert I saw of stevie was a a Don Henley show benefit to help save Mullholland Drive 1984. Stevie, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Linda Rondstant and a few others.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And FM's last concert was a fundraiser, if I remember correctly. It was in California to raise money for sports broadcaster Vin Scully (or his charity, anyway.)
Old 05-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And FM's last concert was a fundraiser, if I remember correctly. It was in California to raise money for sports broadcaster Vin Scully (or his charity, anyway.)

Hmmm. I'd guess they were paid s**t loads of money to play that gig. Not sure that one counts (no proof of that, of course).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie visited wounded soldiers at Walter Reed hospital several times, and donated hundreds of mp3 players or some device to them.
She mentions visiting Walter Reed nearly every time they pass through DC at her shows (Fleetwood Mac and solo). Here's a vid of her talking about getting an award for it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1JGrKAEnk
Old 05-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmm. I'd guess they were paid s**t loads of money to play that gig. Not sure that one counts (no proof of that, of course).
I think they were paid for expenses, but not for performing. No way to know for sure, but that's how fundraisers work- people donate their time so that all the proceeds can go to the charity or cause.

Btw, I owe you an apology, fuzzyplum. In another thread, I got cranky about something you directed at me and I totally overreacted. I apologize and hope there's no hard feelings. I enjoy your posts a lot, whether we agree or disagree.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they were paid for expenses, but not for performing. No way to know for sure, but that's how fundraisers work- people donate their time so that all the proceeds can go to the charity or cause.

Btw, I owe you an apology, fuzzyplum. In another thread, I got cranky about something you directed at me and I totally overreacted. I apologize and hope there's no hard feelings. I enjoy your posts a lot, whether we agree or disagree.
Hi,
I don't know which post you are particularly referring to but I accept your apology nonetheless

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-06-2017, 05:22 AM

I had forgot that lately the band also has helped financially one of their past technicians that suffered a stroke: http://www.azfamily.com/story/346807...troke-survivor
Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In December 2006 Stevie did a show in Vegas that benefited the Epicurean Charitable Foundation, which provides scholarships to students in the hospitality industry.

In February 2008, she did a show in Anaheim as part of Cal State Fullerton's Front and Center Gala, which also raises money for scholarship programs.

Dave Stewart set up some sort of charity to support clean drinking water supplies for some country, and Stevie donated $10K.