The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your full review Zombie. Most of all, thanks for texting me the info.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
8:15pm - Monday Morning
The Chain
Dreams
IKINW
Gypsy
Go Insane (Full Band)
8:40pm - Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Tusk
Sara
9:05pm - Big Love (LB acoustic, as usual)
Landslide
NGBA
STORMS (awesome according to Zombie)
SYLM (SN & LB trading verses; lower key)
GDW
9:40pm - Oh Well
I'm So Afraid (first text: "different arrangement, very cool" second text: "Whoops - maybe the mix was just off" )
Stand Back
GYOW
ENCORES:
10:10pm - World Turning (Mick drum solo - stayed behind drum kit)
Don't Stop
10:20pm - Silver Springs
Started with Monday morning?? COOOL!!!!

I know I'm not wrong .. IS is the first time they played live?? Never seen it before.
Ended with SSprings? Humm.. weird I guess.. but sentimental, I think they wanted to do a similar end to Songbird.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just got back from the show and it was a blast. I pretty much knew all of the surprises because of reading it here on the ledge but I really loved Monday Morning as the opener and I have to say it was nice to be surprised by the set list for once. I have to say though that I think the title of the show Unleashed fit perfect for tonight. I had front row and me and my hubby were to the right of Lindsey and he played his heart out tonight. I think for me the highlights were Monday Morning, Storms (absolutely beautiful, loved it), Gold Dust Woman (she killed the scream, it was damm good), Go Insane (faster version and it was amazing!), Tusk (slow in the beginning) and Say You Love Me (I thought Stevie did a great job on this song), I'm so Afraid was good but it did sound kinda different.
The song of the night was Oh Well. I freaking love this song and Lindsey killed it. I hope somebody got a boot of it it was so damm good and right in front of me. Lindsey pointed to his legs during the 'and my legs are thin' part. Good ****!!

Its funny all week I have been telling everybody that all I want is to play Lindseys guitar so during GYOW, he stands right in front of me and leans down over top and lets me be the first one to play his guitar. I was real gentle because I didnt want to break a string or something and then he let others play and then I grabbed at it again before he was done. After that song he was like Hey Baby, HA! Damm he is hot! My hubby was telling me to calm down and then later on he came over and shook hands and then he shook my hubby's hand and mine and then I started screaming, Lindsey baby, thank you, you rock! That is what I love about Lindsey is that he interacts with the crowd. He was talking to the front row people all night and somebody asked him if he was hot and he said yes and he was like arent you guys cool on that ice? HA! Some couple brought up their little girl and he made sure they got right up front and then the girl had flowers and Lindsey made sure Stevie got them. She thanked them which was so nice. The little girl was so cute too.
One thing I missed was the Stevie and Lindsey interaction. I remember last time they came to Pittsburgh in 2003 the Pittsburgh Post Gazette review talked about how much Lindsey and Stevie stared at each other and stuff but this time it was much more different. They looked at each other like old friends instead of like ex's. I do have to say the band was tight and I think they just sounded better overall. I am going to deaf though for a long time from this show.
I got some pics but camera natzi guy yelled at my hubby about 3 songs in and then we didnt bring it back out to the end. I have to say when Stevie bent down to get those flowers I thought a boob was gonna pop out, HA!
Her red/burgundy outfit in the beginning was fabulous and Lindsey wore red. Sometimes I think they read this damm board.
Thanks SOOO much for your awesome review, and can't wait to see your pictures!!!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

what did the stage look like?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Hey, y'all!

Just got home and read all 30 pages of your FREAKING OFF TOPIC BANTER OMG what is wrong with everyone? Focus, people. FOCUS.

I knew the setlist before the show started, because DavidMN is tall and could see the one taped to the floor by Lindsey's mic, so I made him read it to me, BUT I wanted to wait and make sure and text it as it happened, in case they actually did do something spontaneous (har har har, now who's the silly dreamer? Oh irony, you slay me thusly.)

All in all, I thought the show was great.

After thinking back on it, for ISA, the arrangement sounded more like it does when Lindsey does it solo, BUT the mix was also off or something, because it still didn't sound quite...right.

Tusk also sounded more like it does when Lindsey does it solo. No shadow boxing, mild running around from Lindsey.

There was virtually no interaction between Stevie & Lindsey, not even during Silver Springs, which kind of surprised me. Lindsey looked over at Stevie briefly during the time they'd usually turn to each other and start shouting, but she didn't look his way at all that I noticed. Security only let the first two rows up to the stage, but my 3rd row seat was right smack between both of their mics so I could see them both at the same time, and they barely looked at each other for the whole show.

The ONE exception we noticed to the interaction thing was during Storms, which really was beautiful. Stevie looked absolutely petrified to be singing it, just really nervous, and some time after the first verse, she shot an "omg!" kind of look at Lindsey, and he shot a big dopey grin back at her. She smiled back a little and it seemed to boost her confidence. She did all the "not all of the prayers" and she sang those as strongly as she sang the rest of the lyrics. She really belted out a few lines here and there, also. Really strong, despite her nervousness - I was over the moon about it. The whole concert was good fun, of course, but I did feel very fortunate to have been among the audience to see that done live on stage for the first time in the history of ever (oh snap), and it was worth the ticket price for that alone.

Sara sounded FANTASTIC. Much better than it sounded on the Soundstage - much much better. Oh Well rocked, and it was only part 1 - none of the meandering instrumental part 2 stuff. I also really enjoyed GI with the full band like that. It was much more like the original, but not too drenched in 80s.

As for WT and Mick's solo - he did do one, but he did it from behind the kit. When they came back out for the encores, I could see goofy cables hanging off of him, so I thought he had the vest on, but he didn't leave his spot behind the kit. He did the "ARE YA WITH ME?"s and the mumbling and all that, but where he would've previously hopped around spitting on the front rows, he remained seated, and instead of the car horn noises or whatever those are, we got a kinda trippy mixing of Lindsey & Stevie vocals singing bits and parts of the words "World Turning" in rapid succession. I can't describe it properly because I am dead tired ovah heah, but it was interesting. I think he may have had the vest on back there and was flailing at it to make those vocals.

Lindsey was in fine form and energetic. Stevie just looked really nervous a lot of the time, and either they really were having sound issues, or they just decided to turn Stevie's mic way down, because her vocals were pretty quiet from where I was standing. It did not come across to me as her being lethargic or not into it, but rather nervousness mixed with something perhaps being up with her mic.

The burgundy dress she wore for the beginning of the show was stunning, and the silver spangly shirt/waist-cincher thingie she popped on over top of the black dress for Silver Springs was really pretty, too. And no Frankenboks, can I get an amen, brothers and sisters? Lindsey's bright red shirt looked very sharp on him, and I've always noted that in videos, he appears to have big feet, but now having seen him up close and in person for the first time, my lawd, the man has like, schooners attached to his ankles. Amazing.

Sharon did not screech for once, and I've never thought of Jana as the screecher, so I dunno what y'all are talking about, but Sharon did have a tiny wasp waist that I was momentarily jealous of. Neale and Brett were there, and Mick had an assistant hiding behind a pile of equipment whose name I did not catch, but if there was anyone else up there, they were hiding entirely and also not making any discernable sound. No Carlos, no Taku, etc.

The stage was pretty simple, with different colored lights and groovy spirals and junk on some screens. During SHN, they had some newspapers flying by real fast on the screens - I love it when things get so literal.

If there was a tourbook, I did NOT see one, which frustrated me to no end, as that is the only thing I wanted to buy.

And I think that's all I remember right now that's of note. I did not get any pics because I was busy being enraptured and also texting stuff to you pack of jackals, so hopefully some of the others have tons of pics to share.

Oh yeah, and there were some monumentally drunk women that started out in the row behind me and made their way up front at some point to wiggle and wave at Lindsey and offer him beer. Before the show started, I got to listen to how hawwwwwwt Lindsey is (like we don't know? Good grief) for exactly eternity + 31 minutes out of those two, so I think they thought they would make good groupies or something.

He made a comment about it into the mic, to the effect of, "Oh, you want to give me a cold one?" but he didn't look overly enthused. Yes, ladies, what the Great LB really wants is that warm beer in a plastic cup that you've been sloshing around for the better part of two hours now and may or may not have spit and/or slipped a roofie into. That might go over better at a Poison show, though. Try harder/better next time.

(*cue enraged Ledgie posting to tell me she was the one with the beer and Lindsey would so totally have taken it and is obviously now in love with her except he couldn't act on his feelings/thirst because Stevie would put the boots to him, medium-style* wocka-wocka-wocka)

Also, ALSO, if I had been one of the purchasers of the ILAA packages for tonight, I would've been highly annoyed.

Wow, I talk a lot.

Hey Zombie..

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for keeping "us" group of jackals informed last night! LMAOO You and Paula ROCKED SOOOOOOOOOOO much for that, and I can't thank you both enough! We had a BLAST on here last night!! I almost felt your energy through Paula keeping us posted on what's going on, "blow by blow"- (No pun intended of course- toward the girls behind you regarding LB) LOLOLOLOLOLOL- It sounds like YOU had a blast as well... And thanks SOOO much again!

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Thanks for your full review Zombie. Most of all, thanks for texting me the info.
You guys Rocked Paula for doing that for us, and thank you SOOOOOOO much!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hey Steviefan49, i posted the few pics I got somewhere in this thread. It might have been around page 29 or so. I wanted my hubby to get a pic of me playing Lindeys guitar but since the camera natzi was right next to us we werent able to take any more pics until the end of the show.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hey Steviefan49, i posted the few pics I got somewhere in this thread. It might have been around page 29 or so. I wanted my hubby to get a pic of me playing Lindeys guitar but since the camera natzi was right next to us we werent able to take any more pics until the end of the show.
Hey...

Oh COOL! Thanks SOOO much~ I'll have to go back and double check.. LOL. Man, that's a shame about that camera natzi.. I sorta got the feeling from what they were saying that security sorta sucked last night..It sounds like you had a BLAST!! Thanks SOOO much for sharing your awesome review with us!

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
few more, there is one of me in there as well incase you all wanted to know what i look like, LOL!
Ok.. I got to see your pics now! Thanks SOOOO much!! Great pics by the way!!!

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

did you go to the show steviefan49?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

steviefan49, you are so welcome and I am glad to share. The show was so much fun that I am sad its over. You know how you look forward to something for so long and then when its over your kinda like huh thats it? HA! I got everything I wanted though (well besides my guitar pick) so I am really happy and can die now, HA Just kidding!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You'd think from the reactions re: no Sisters of the Moon from people here that it was promised to us, or even implied that it would be performed.

Yeah, it would be great to hear it. I'd fall flat on my ass in excitement were that to happen.

But why are people disappointed? It's pretty much a given that that song is not going to be done.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
You'd think from the reactions re: no Sisters of the Moon from people here that it was promised to us, or even implied that it would be performed.

Yeah, it would be great to hear it. I'd fall flat on my ass in excitement were that to happen.

But why are people disappointed? It's pretty much a given that that song is not going to be done.
I agree, Josh,. Would've been great, but I honestly didn't think there'd be a chance in hell. Nobody knows that tune except us.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I know I'm not wrong .. IS is the first time they played live?? Never seen it before..
No. They played it pretty much all throughout the SYW tour. (and even a few...VERY few...times back on the Tusk tour)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
No. They played it pretty much all throughout the SYW tour. (and even a few...VERY few...times back on the Tusk tour)
The first half of the SYW tour IKINW was not in the setlist, Steve. (april-december 2003) It replaced Eyes Of The World in the 2004-shows.

BTW:
Aren't you glad that Oh Well is back? I am.