Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Fleetwood Mac – Rhiannon
When I was running in a student council election back in my university days, I was out campaigning and I introduced myself to a girl who told me her name was Rhiannon. I responded “have you heard the Fleetwood Mac song “Rhiannon”, to which she replied, tersely, “everyone says that to me”. Suffice to say, I’m pretty sure she didn’t vote for me. True story. If you’re reading this, sorry about that, Rhiannon.

http://alexabboud.wordpress.com/2009...-a-girls-name/
The receptionist at my son's last cardiologist visit was named Rhiannon. I told her I loved her name and that if my son had been a girl, my husband and I would have used the name Rhiannon. The girl went on to tell me that her parents were totally into FMac at some point and that's how she ended up with her name.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tell Me Lies Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

09 October 2009 02:00:39 PM

SHERYL CROW MYSTIFIED MACFleetwood Mac say Sheryl Crow was not invited to join the band following the departure of Christine McVie, despite the singer's previous claims.

Sheryl Crow stunned Fleetwood Mac when she announced she was joining them - because she had never been asked.

The 'All I Wanna Do' star announced she would replace Christine McVie when the singer-and-keyboardist retired from the band in 1998, but singer-and-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham claims they never wanted a replacement.

He said: "There aren't too many people who would be able to fit the bill. With Sheryl I thought it was pretty funny.

"She announced she was joining Fleetwood Mac but I didn't know any of it."

His bandmate Stevie Nicks added: "We spent seven weeks battering our heads against a wall trying Christine's songs, but we just can't. She can't be replaced."

The group's founder Mick Fleetwood said they didn't want Sheryl to join the band because she had too much going on with her personal life.

He explained: "There was talk of Sheryl Crow taking Chris's place but she'd been through too much.

"She'd had cancer, lost a lover and adopted a child. Being on the road was the last thing for her."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...ed-mac_1118596
Old 10-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For all you young ‘uns out there that don’t keep up with classic rock, Fleetwood Mac is a rock band that emerged in the late 60’s and had bigger success in the late 70’s and then much more moderate success in the 1980’s with hits like “Little Lies”, “Gypsy”, and “Go Your Own Way”. As of late, the band still tours with most of its members still intact (minus Christine McVie) and are, in fact, touring in Europe as we speak.

Yesterday, one of the main founders of the band, Mick Fleetwood, was spotted and snapped by the paps as he exited his hotel in Denmark, and was mobbed by a slew of classic rock fans. Not bad for a guy who’s 62-years old, not bad at all.
CLICK ON LINK FOR PHOTO OF MICK

http://www.celebutopia.net/2009/10/f...-mac-wait-who/
Old 10-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie's style, like Christine herself, is severely underrated. Her outfits actually outshine Stevie's in all of the photos on Fleetwood Mac records; including the one on the Rumours sleeve. A more comprehensive Christine fashion post is coming soon. Also note Mick Fleetwood's crazed expression, that guy has more faces than Cindy Sherman.

http://ilovecatparty.blogspot.com/20...r-my-head.html
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine McVie's style, like Christine herself, is severely underrated. Her outfits actually outshine Stevie's in all of the photos on Fleetwood Mac records; including the one on the Rumours sleeve. A more comprehensive Christine fashion post is coming soon. Also note Mick Fleetwood's crazed expression, that guy has more faces than Cindy Sherman.

Ummmmm no I don't think so!! I LOVE Stevie's dress from the back of the Rumours album..... Christine dresses good yes--but outshine Stevie?? NOT!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, a more comprehensive Christine fashion post is something to look forward to. That's not something we usually get.

Michele
Old 10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never been able to get Pandora to work for me. Song after song I like, and I want to find similar music. I try sticking the song into Pandora, and it has never had a clue why I like a song. Today’s selection is no exception.

The only song on Fleetwood Mac’s 1979 album Tusk that I felt was really worth saving was the title track, “Tusk”. When I give it to Pandora I get all sorts of rationales back. Some songs it picks because of “subtle use of vocal harmony”. Some it picks because of “mellow rock instrumentation”. I’ve had songs offered because of “major key tonality”, “minor key tonality”, and “mixed major and minor key tonality”. After hours of listening to song after song and voting them all down, I give up and conclude that Pandora has no idea that “Tusk” is about one thing and one thing only: funky, funky drums.

One thing that might help is if it offered conjunctive rather than disjunctive combinations. As it stands, if I add a new song all Pandora does is dump in a few hundred more songs that I don’t want. It matches seed song ‘A’ or seed song ‘B’. What might be helpful is to be able to ask it to match seed song ‘A’ and seed song ‘B’. If I could not only feed it “Tusk” but also ZZ Top’s “Velcro Fly” and maybe some of Ginger Baker’s better solos, then it might be able to identify what I’m after and offer something worthwhile.

Why don’t you ask him if he’s going to stay?
Why don’t you ask him if he’s going away?

Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?
Why don’t you tell me who’s on the phone?

Why don’t you ask him what’s going on?
Why don’t you ask who’s the latest on his throne?

Don’t say that you love me!
Just tell me that you want me!

Tusk!

Just say that you want me!
Don’t tell me that you

Tusk!

Tusk!

Tusk!

Tusk!

http://unapologetic.wordpress.com/20...y-samples-142/
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday, October 11, 2009
Baby Names
Parents put so much thought into baby names. Do we want something unique? Classic? A family name? How do we spell it? It's maddening. For Baby #2, we have a girl name picked out. And a couple variations of the boy name. This time around, we have decided to keep the name a surprise, just as with the sex of the baby. All information will be released when Jelly Bean gets here and hopefully, that's still months away.
This post is more on Rhiannon's name. It's definitely unique. People are constantly pronouncing it incorrectly or asking us how to spell it. Her full name is Rhiannon James Crain. How did we come up with it?
Well, from our first date, I knew Russ was my love. It may have taken us 4+ years to get married, but we both knew we had found The One. We were discussing baby names within the first year. Russ declared one day that he wanted to name is little girl Rhiannon that first year we were together. And I loved it. We even have a "Rhiannon" sign that Russ' parents brought home for us from a trip to England before we were even married.
Rhiannon is song from the band Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nix, who wrote and performed the song, often says that the song is about a "Welsh Witch". The name comes from Welsh folklore about a Goddess, Rhiannon.
Rhiannon, the Celtic goddess of the moon was a Welch goddess. The goddess Rhiannon's name meant “Divine Queen” of the fairies. In her myths, Rhiannon was promised in marriage to an older man she found repugnant. Defying her family’s wishes that Rhiannon, like other Celtic goddesses, declined to marry one of her "own kind".
The entire story can be found here. http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-m...s_Rhiannon.htm
But Rhiannon was strong and loyal and forgiving. She suffered hardships and heartbreak but was respected for her strength and forgave those who wronged her.
The story of the Celtic goddess Rhiannon reminds us of the healing power of humor, tears, and forgiveness. The goddess Rhiannon is a goddess of movement and change who remains steadfast, comforting us in times of crisis and of loss.

So our girl first name was in stone.

We through middle names around for years. It was tough to find a name that sounded right with such a long first name. But the night we found out we were pregnant, the middle name came to us.
James.
James is a family name. It was the name of mother's father. Russ' uncle is named James. And, it's the middle name of my brother, Timothy. I was 7 when Timothy was born. My parents moved me out of my room and created this beautiful pink room with my own bathroom in the basement. However, I refused to sleep there. Partly because I was scared but mostly because I enjoyed sleeping in the little twin bed in Timothy's nursery to hear him breathe at night. My step-father would sing James Taylor's song, "Sweet Baby James" to him as a lullaby. And that is what we wanted to sing to our baby girl. So, James would be her middle name.
And sing to her we did. This song (along with "You are My Sunshine") is a song we have sang to her each night since the day she was born. I printed out the lyrics to make sure I had them all correct to sing to her in the NICU. I still have that printout in my journal from that time. Of course we do change the song a tad. Instead of "Sweet Baby James", we sing "Sweet Rhiannon James".
Now that Rhiannon is older, she asks for the song. She calls it, on the "On the Range". And she sings it. Word for word.

http://babycrain.blogspot.com/2009/10/baby-names.html
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac.

THIS is a totally remastered double CD greatest hits collection with 36 tracks drawn from the later part of the band's career.

Fleetwood Mac's sums are incredible – 100 million albums sold worldwide, including 25 million sales of their landmark album Rumours.

There will be something here for everyone – well those who like the band's brand of commercial mainstream AOR rather than their earlier bluesier output – and personal highlights include Rhiannon, Tusk and The Chain.

This autumn sees the line up of Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham reunited for their first UK stadium tour in six years and no doubt their Yorkshire fans will be clamouring for tickets for the gig at Sheffield Arena in November.

But it would have been nice for the band to release a collection covering their entire career not just the commercially successful part.

http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co...ews.5724142.jp
Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, a more comprehensive Christine fashion post is something to look forward to. That's not something we usually get.

Michele
I like what Chris was wearing for Tango in the Night more than I like what Stevie was wearing. I'll have to go through all my albums/pictures to decide anything else on clothes
Old 10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I like what Chris was wearing for Tango in the Night more than I like what Stevie was wearing. I'll have to go through all my albums/pictures to decide anything else on clothes
I like what Christine was wearing for the Dance better than I like what Stevie was wearing. But as for that kerchief thing on her head that this article showcases -- eck, I do not like that.

Michele
Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You crank up the new KISS album and just one chorus and one guitar solo later, it’s 1976 all over again. And sure, the lyrics are sophomoric and dumb but this is KISS after all. Truthfully, this is a much better album than anything the group has produced in nearly 20 years and it’s probably going to be the one that’s left ringing in our ears when the band finally hangs it up. Journey and Foreigner also recently put out efforts worthy of their respective catalogs as Wal-Mart exclusives, and I’m sure the Eagles did too. Surely these won’t be the last – earlier this year mega-manager Irving Azoff was angling to get a Fleetwood Mac reunion album (with Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks but without Christine McVie) on the shelves at Wal-Mart. This may be the way these artists can continue riding the limos and promoting tickets to their concerts – until the next big marketing brainstorm blows in.

http://30daysout.wordpress.com/2009/...-and-wal-mart/
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with Nick Garrison in the November issue of The stranger:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=5528

What are your rock star fantasies?

Being Morrissey. Being David Bowie. And when I was really little, I loved Fleetwood Mac.

Did you want to be Stevie Nicks or Christine McVie?

I've always liked Christine more. But Stevie's the dynamic one, so that's who I wanted to be.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Tuesday Tunes: Rhiannon

Tuesday Tunes this week is a Fleetwood Mac song that I love. I don't know if I could say that it's my absolute favorite, because really, how can you have a favorite Fleetwood Mac song. There are so many great ones to choose from.

Rhiannon was released on their 1975 self titled album. Stevie Nicks sings it on the album, and there has been many, many different versions made throughout the years. My current favorite is Brooke White singing a piano version on her Live Sessions iTunes Exclusive LP.

http://hisgirlspacey.blogspot.com/20...-rhiannon.html
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kelly hit the stage (in a beaded blazer that screamed JC Penny, sigh) with a massive band backing her up. I lost count of how many people there were, but at a minimum she had: a three-person horn section, DJ, drummer, three guitar players, two back up singers, and a keyboard player. Luckily she ditched the JC Penny blazer after a few songs and revealed a much more tasteful black dress. Kelly busted through most of her new album, all of her hits (including a stripped down version of "Behind These Hazel Eyes"), as well as covers of Kings of Leon, Alanis Morrisette, and Patsy Cline before ending her set with "Since You've Been Gone." Her in-between song banter was also thoroughly endearing. She seems genuinely nice and that's not something I can say about most pop stars nowadays. Also, it's hard to relay how awesome her voice is. There is no studio trickery going on here. Just raw talent.

Now for the encore. Kelly busted out a great cover of The White Stripes "Seven Nation Army." I haven't seen people look so confused since Vampire Weekend covered Fleetwood Mac at the 9:30 Club last year and a high school kid asked me how I knew the song. People disappoint me. But Kelly gets bonus points for doing a cool cover.

The people sitting in my section didn't seem as excited about the show. They only stood for the hit singles. If I could manage to dance in my ten inches of personal space without spilling my drink on anyone, these people have no excuse. Who pays to sit that close to the stage and doesn't stand up for the main act? I find it very disrespectful to the artist. Every time you sit it's like "Sorry Kelly, I don't like this song as much." And it wasn't just the slow songs. The whole section probably only stood for four songs the whole night.

http://www.yeahrightblog.com/yeah_ri...-judge-me.html