The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just remembered that Stevie said in a recent interview that Michael asked her to send him the brightest skin cream foundation she had, and she did. He sent it back to her with a note that it wasn't bright enough.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
I just remembered that Stevie said in a recent interview that Michael asked her to send him the brightest skin cream foundation she had, and she did. He sent it back to her with a note that it wasn't bright enough.

I remember that!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Six degrees of separation, it was strange to watch Sheryl Crow performing with Michael Jackson. I couldn't even recognize her young facial features under all the make up. Rest assured the Crow will also be tapped for an interview if anything happens to Stevie.

Michele
Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Six degrees of separation, it was strange to watch Sheryl Crow performing with Michael Jackson. I couldn't even recognize her young facial features under all the make up. Rest assured the Crow will also be tapped for an interview if anything happens to Stevie.

Michele
I just watched a video of Michael and Sheryl preforming I Just can't Stop Loving You live in '87. Her hair is H U G E. Now who could have inspired her?

P.S. Lindsey was on We Are The World.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I . . . think I know what you mean, Chris.

Have we decided what's live & what's Memorex in this thing? I think they're all singing live, but what about the instruments? I don't think Chris is playing either piano or organ/pad. Those are prerecorded. What about the guitar & bass? Drums? Christine referred a few times to laying down tracks for DON'T STOP at the time. I have a hunch they put down the basic tracks in a studio for this very important appearance.
Lindseys' guitar part sounds a bit high. And I don't know why Chris's keyboard isn't prominent enough IMO. That may have been the way it was mixed for our now archaic televisions back in the day. The vocals sound live and fine. But the mix really wasn't what I was talking about. It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part. It also makes me love and miss Chris tremendously. I love that John McVie incoporated a baseball cap into his formal wear. Lindsey's genuine smile was a thing to behold. And there's one thing that I'm pretty sure wasn't laid down in a studio for this performance: the ever solid bass and drums of Fleetwood/McVie. The band kept playing with such grace as the stage got ever more crowded. It has taken me all these years to really appreciate the clip. One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.
Also and unrelated, damn with the passage of time my seeming inablity to give the apostrophe it's proper home. I'm too old and lazy I guess. Sigh.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 06-27-2009 at 11:29 PM..
Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part.
My favorite part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.
Well, it's true. And the sad thing is the media is not going to support us in our grief. We will care, but the world really won't and that's going to hurt. Having a newspaper clipping from Rolling Stone is not going to be enough. It will be a monumental loss here, but not so much anywhere else and that feels hollow and unsatisfying.

There was a time when Sonny Bono couldn't even get a little guest starring role on Fantasy Island anymore. He was a footnote. Then, he became mayor. Made the House of Representatives and the next thing I know his death had national coverage. I never in a million years thought that would happen. I turned 3 tvs to different channels and I just walked from room to room in my house and listened to them talk about him on every network. Mindboggling. Something happens to Lindsey and that's going to be a blurb they run in text across the bottom of the CNN screen. It makes me feel empty to think about.

You have to yield the right of way to a funeral procession in traffic. I think the world should stop a little for all of us when we die. There should be some kind of outward acknowledgement of the inner death our loved ones will feel. Having a public stamp on grief is strangely satisfying.

I guess, Out Out has haunted me since grammar school: "Since they were not the ones dead, They returned each to their own tasks."

Michele
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm shocked nobody's posted THIS gem.

(Ironically, given all of Lindsey's support group jargon that he uses on stage, he is under the the two "A"s.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

(Ironically, given all of Lindsey's support group jargon that he uses on stage, he is under the the two "A"s.)
Well i was Just about to do that today, but you seemed to beat me to it.....eh its ok hahaha i knew I though of it, and I am glad another fan did too.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Theres our guy at 6:05
Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

That hair never ceases to startle me. You can see him through the whole thing because of it, yay Lindsey!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewerefrail View Post
That hair never ceases to startle me. You can see him through the whole thing because of it, yay Lindsey!
It makes him taller than everyone else.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it's true. And the sad thing is the media is not going to support us in our grief. We will care, but the world really won't and that's going to hurt. Having a newspaper clipping from Rolling Stone is not going to be enough. It will be a monumental loss here, but not so much anywhere else and that feels hollow and unsatisfying.
I think about this all the time, especially since I am so much younger than the Mac generation. I am going to be a BASKET CASE when we start losing members of Mac, especially Stevie... I mean, a total basket case. Although some older people I know will somewhat understand, even they will probably not come close to grasping how monumental of a loss we really will be facing.... let alone my own generation.

Ugh, this gives me chills just to think about.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I think about this all the time, especially since I am so much younger than the Mac generation. I am going to be a BASKET CASE when we start losing members of Mac, especially Stevie... I mean, a total basket case. Although some older people I know will somewhat understand, even they will probably not come close to grasping how monumental of a loss we really will be facing.... let alone my own generation.

Ugh, this gives me chills just to think about.
Me too! Reading these post made me cry my eyes out! I'm only 18 years old and people my age will not understand what a lose it will be when anything happenes to anyone in Fleetwood Mac. I can't imagine how awful that day will be and I pray it won't happen for a really long time.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
Saw this on page 2 of todays New Zealand Herald
The poor people of New Zealand that had to wake up to that picture in the paper this morning...