User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, me too. Does it mean that he didn't like Lady as a single?

People here made a good point about Blue Water being a good single, because of Lady Antebellum and that can still happen.

Michele
how about Blue Water WITHOUT Lady A ... coz they ruin it

Lady was awesome. but not really HIS choice to decide what is and is not better off the record. The Dealer was / is marvellous. Mabel needs some love but i think that might be hard live
Old 01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I almost wonder if it's a misunderstanding. Could the transcriber have misread / misunderstood Waddy saying rehearse? As in, "we'll rehearse the better tunes" from the perspective of a live show.
I bet you're right. He probably said "rehearse" and not "release".

Quote:
Just maybe make another song into a video that can get talked about on social media and go out on tour with about 5 songs from 24K, whether good, better or best.
This! It's lame that they really didn't have the time to make a proper music video. "Lady", while still a great song, is simply a boring video. I always thought they should have focused on making a stunning video for the title track. A "24 Karat Gold" video with a late 70's/early 80's theme (focusing on the albums "vault" concept, as well as what the song was actually about) would have been great! If any of the four promo singles were to be made into a video, it should have been that one. They really dropped the ball, in my opinion.

...kind of like when they dropped the ball with "Moonlight" and never gave it an "official" radio promo release like "Secret Love" or "FWIW".

So many missed opportunities in promoting her last two records, but that would seem to have more to do with Warner/Reprise Records history and "willingness" (or lack of) to promote a legacy artist/senior citizen.

for the rant.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
how about Blue Water WITHOUT Lady A ... coz they ruin it
Well, but don't we want the exposure that their fans would bring and the potential radio airplay?

Look, do you want to see Stevie in a Barnes and Noble commercial with Charles Kelley (ala Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga) or not??

Michele
Old 01-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But it doesn't matter, because no one cares about singles (unless we're talking Adeles and Taylors). Just maybe make another song into a video that can get talked about on social media and go out on tour with about 5 songs from 24K, whether good, better or best.

Michele
If Adele and Taylor would replace Lori and Sharon as
Stevie's backup singers on the new album and tour... oh
nevermind.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
If Adele and Taylor would replace Lori and Sharon as
Stevie's backup singers on the new album and tour... oh
nevermind.
Even in your imagination, do you actually want Taylor Swift singing with Stevie again, after Grammys 2010?

Michele
Old 01-07-2016, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Taylor Swift singing
Is that an oxymoron?
Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^ hahahaha, that's great!!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be happy to see Stevie with Adele and Taylor .They will get her back on the top 40 charts.I forgive Taylor's performance with Stevie years ago because of the producers of the show probably did not give them enough time to rehearse .

They both are killing the charts and Taylor had a hot year on tour.Adele will have a killer tour soon.I rather see them on top then Katy Perry or some rap/hip hop artists.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
how long did it take to do 24 K , she can do it.
She record 24K pronto .She can pop another one out the same way.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
She can pop another one out the same way.
No one's talking about welfare babies Skip.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Registered

Quote:
She record 24K pronto .She can pop another one out the same way.
Is she said she has songs recorded some songs were recorded several times it just never made it to an album she should just take them out " sequence" them and release it
Old 01-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[press release about a streaming website that Waddy is taking part in]

Contributions from Members of the Rolling Stones, Stevie Nicks, Ringo Starr, Herbie Hancock and Bruce Springsteen Bands

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/pressrelease...#ixzz3xin0c7T4

AlertTheGlobe.com Pioneered a System that Will Become the Quintessential Meeting Spot for Musicians and Music Lovers All Over the Globe

Laguna Beach, CA (PRWEB) January 19, 2016

AlertTheGlobe.com Pioneered a System that Will Become the Quintessential Meeting Spot for Musicians and Music Lovers All Over the Globe

Laguna Beach, CA (PRWEB) January 19, 2016

AlertTheGlobe.com, a website created with a unique and proprietary musician connecting system that connects musicians and music lovers, using a never before seen platform that offers instantaneous delivery to the world, will be showcasing for the first time at the 2016 NAMM Show (Hall E, Booth # 1147) in Anaheim, California January 21, 2016 through January 24, 2016.

The All-Star group of advisers who have been behind the AlertTheGlobe.com movement are Bernard Fowler, vocalist with The Rolling Stones; Waddy Wachtel, guitar legend and Music Director for Stevie Nicks; Roy Bittan, keyboard player for Bruce Springsteen's band; Greg Bissonette, drummer with Ringo Starr's band; Bunny Brunnel, legendary bassist and Rob Shanahan, personal photographer to Ringo Starr just to name a few. "Our live stream will change the way you see us and we see you", says Fowler.

AlertTheGlobe.com is a completely new way of connecting musicians, from the embryonic garage band to the biggest stars in the world, with their fans and each other. Whenever and wherever they may be on the planet, they will all be able to showcase their talents immediately.

A special press reception will be held at NAMM on Thursday, January 21, 2016 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm at the AlertTheGlobe.com booth in Hall E, Booth #1147. Special guests include Waddy Wachtel, Bunny Brunel, Rob Shanahan, Peggi Blu and more. Live streams from around NAMM and the world will be shown. AlertTheGlobe.com has live streaming crews and systems currently set up at various venues in the US, Poland, Canada, Austria, Sweden, Italy, Peru, Germany and Norway, the list is constantly growing. Stream Teams are traveling around the world as well with AlertTheGlobe.com.

Throughout the run of the show at NAMM, AlertTheGlobe.com will have many musicians perform at their booth. Scheduled to play are Bunny Brunel, Ryo Okamoto, Waddy Wachtel, Peggi Blu, Undecided Future, Poor Mans Change, Caitlin Murphy, Usual Suspects and many more. Breakfast with Gary and Kelly, KSBR's 88.5FM radio morning show on Saturday 9am-12pm will also be streamed live with interviews from some of the world's greatest musicians.

Connect with AlertTheGlobe.com on social media; Facebook Fan Page at AlertTheGlobe, Twitter @AlertTheGlobe, and Instagram @alerttheglobe.

For media inquiries and interviews, please contact Kelly Bennett of Bennett Productions Unlimited PR/Marketing/Branding Kelly(at)BPUnlimited(dot)com or (949) 463-6383.

AlertTheGlobe.com was created to share music, promote brands and stream live high quality video and audio from stages all around the world. There are no borders concerning the interest and affinity for arts in all the varieties imaginable. The mission is to bring the world together through music by connecting musicians live. For more information, visit http://www.AlertTheGlobe.com.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Waddy, "guitar legend???"

He's good, BUT I'll leave the legend stuff to Jimmy H, Joe Sat, Stevie Vai, Ingwie , Chet A. , Lindsey B. etc.........

Now back to our regularly scheduled AlerttheGlobe programming.....
Old 01-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would be happy to see Stevie with Adele and Taylor .They will get her back on the top 40 charts.I forgive Taylor's performance with Stevie years ago because of the producers of the show probably did not give them enough time to rehearse .

They both are killing the charts and Taylor had a hot year on tour.Adele will have a killer tour soon.I rather see them on top then Katy Perry or some rap/hip hop artists.
Are you serious? Katy Perry is the absolute real deal. Way better than Taylor Swift by far. Better songwriter, better performer, and has way more passion for music as an art. Taylor Swift is great, but nowhere near as great of an artist as Katy. And I say artist as in artist. She cares about her art.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
Are you serious? Katy Perry is the absolute real deal. Way better than Taylor Swift by far. Better songwriter, better performer, and has way more passion for music as an art. Taylor Swift is great, but nowhere near as great of an artist as Katy. And I say artist as in artist. She cares about her art.
I never got into Katy's tunes maybe its my age.It has the bubblegum music slant to it.basically Adele because she acts her age and more likely she acts like an older woman then Katy and Taylor.

Lady Gaga is sounding better then she was and she great with Tony Bennett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Is she said she has songs recorded some songs were recorded several times it just never made it to an album she should just take them out " sequence" them and release it
OK.Yea I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No one's talking about welfare babies Skip.
LOL.Albums I'm referring too.shes alittle to old for that.