Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac too expensive for Glastonbury

Fleetwood Mac played their shows in the Uk just before Glastonbury started. For those unfamiliar with the festival - it is the largest outdoor music event during the UK summer. Every significant artist has played over the years and there has been speculation that Fleetwood Mac would play. But it seems (not surprisingly) that they are more interested in the cash rather than adding their names to the long list of bands that have headlined the festival.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/micha...y-2020-2518723
Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lucky Glastonbury audience!

Old 07-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
Coldplay received just £200,000....it is not about the fee.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.
They wouldn’t dare do Glastonbury without Lindsey....would they????
Although, Mick has no morals, and the others aren’t far behind.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha, I wouldn’t put anything past that grifter Mick.

I love that it’s not enough money for them. But, The Rolling Stones did Glastonbury and whatever fee they got was good enough for Mick and Keith.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Based upon Mick's latest round of interviews, they will never work with him again so.....
Old 07-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahaha this band will never understand that concept. They wouldn't fart in a jar for free.

Think about it, they somehow managed to turn an awards show that was nothing but kudos to them, into some giant breakup spectacle.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Based upon Mick's latest round of interviews, they will never work with him again so.....
I still get a kick out of how they talk about time marching on etc...as if they have some giant project they want to accomplish that was being hindered by Lindsey, when in reality all this drama to move on was about another greatest hits tour. It makes way less sense than anything that happened in 87.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I still get a kick out of how they talk about time marching on etc...as if they have some giant project they want to accomplish that was being hindered by Lindsey, when in reality all this drama to move on was about another greatest hits tour. It makes way less sense than anything that happened in 87.
YES!! So true. And since Mick has now effectively alienated/trashed/slandered the only artist that will employ him outside of FM, I guess his next big gig is drummer of the house band at Fleetwood's on Front Street. Stevie would NEVER put him in her solo band.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well really, FM is her new solo band with special guest Christine McVie.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Well really, FM is her new solo band with special guest Christine McVie.
Very true, but Stevie solo will probably get better reviews than this bunch is...she may want to really distance herself now.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very true, but Stevie solo will probably get better reviews than this bunch is...she may want to really distance herself now.
I assume she needed a nice chunk of cash, hence this current tour. Up to this point, Fleetwood Mac tours have to make her more money than touring solo. She wasn't filling arenas solo until she either opened for Rod or added The Pretenders as an opening act. That being said, I truly do believe at this point, she is likely a more viable product solo than with a continued cobbled together version of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I assume she needed a nice chunk of cash, hence this current tour. Up to this point, Fleetwood Mac tours have to make her more money than touring solo. She wasn't filling arenas solo until she either opened for Rod or added The Pretenders as an opening act. That being said, I truly do believe at this point, she is likely a more viable product solo than with a continued cobbled together version of Fleetwood Mac.
We will never know, but if the him or me ultimatum is true, and I am assuming it is, she was willing to walk away from this tour. No doubt FM brings in more cash than solo, but it's also a bigger headache. I did see her 24KG tour 4 times, and MSG was pretty full. Can't say it was sold out---I honestly don't know, but it was pretty jammed. I love the Pretenders so I was there for that, and it wasn't as full.
Even though she was likely the "mastermind" behind this cobbled together version, I agree, she's, now, more viable solo, especially with FM in its current state.

Last edited by Storms123; 07-07-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Old 07-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We will never know, but if the him or me ultimatum is true, and I am assuming it is, she was willing to walk away from this tour. No doubt FM brings in more cash than solo, but it's also a bigger headache. I did see her 24KG tour 4 times, and MSG was pretty full. Can't say it was sold out---I honestly don't know, but it was pretty jammed. I love the Pretenders so I was there for that, and it wasn't as full.
Even though she was likely the "mastermind" behind this cobbled together version, I agree, she's, now, more viable solo, especially with FM in its current state.
Just my gut, but my guess is she knew there was zero chance Mick would side with Lindsey in the me or him ultimatum. She knows Mick as good as anyone and knows that Fleetwood Mac with her would net Mickey a lot more money than it would without her. So, while yes, in theory, she was willing to give up the Mac tour money, I highly doubt she ever thought Mick would actually tell her to take a hike. Firing Lindsey gave her the drama she always looks for in a Fleetwood Mac episode. And all the "new" band crap and Lindsey drama made the tour likely to bring in as much guaranteed money for Mick and Stevie as they would've gotten with another Rumours 5 tour.

However, the shortsightedness of them remains that if Buckingham McVie was a proper Fleetwood Mac album, including 3-4 Stevie songs, with a tour to follow with the 5 of them, they would have all made more money than they did otherwise. And, they would actually be demonstrating that they are a functioning and active band with some ability to remain somewhat creative in their old age, as opposed to playing 19 song setlist that include Tom Petty and Crowded House songs.