Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
they wont release as fleetwood mac without her
yup, apparently not. they are not into fighting it out as much as she seems to be.

i find it funny that the name of this thread is talking about Stevie hating, when there seems to actually be a whole lot of Stevie fans belittling the rest of the FM and their individual members, as well as belittling the wishes of fans that are FM-focused and not only SN focused.

no people, if FM puts out the album without Stevie because she does not want to be on it, and we want to hear that album, that does not equal Stevie hating! that is us wanting to hear new music!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no people, if FM puts out the album without Stevie because she does not want to be on it, and we want to hear that album, that does not equal Stevie hating! that is us wanting to hear new music!
I'd add that most of us would love it if Stevie was on the album, but only if she feels as a inspired as the rest of the band. Otherwise, she would only bring the project down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Balls? How do you know what Stevie has said or not said to the band? We know nothing. But sometimes it seems like we, on The Ledge, become their little avatars. They don't have to fight at all. They can just say, "yeah, what he said."
I was referring to the public and the media - not the privacy of the band.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
This situation reminds me of when LeBron James left the Cavaliers a few years back. Fans were furious and said he had no right to leave Cleveland. Same thing here with Stevie- some fans think she owes them, actually OWES them another FM album! She doesn't, but the two situations are a lot alike. All of a sudden, former fans are badmouthing her, etc, which is hardly an effective way to change someone's mind, while other fans resent Christine and Lindsey for not just going on without her.
The fans were upset he left. But what put them into a rage was the way he did it. He announced it on National TV like it was a circus. It was very classless and he later realized it. He had every right to go where he wanted. But, don't **** on the your previous adventure.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good point jbrown. I happened to be in Cleveland the night of his announcement, and the next day, the radio was nothing but lambasting LeBron James. Fans were so mad he was leaving their city, and one dj said "he can just go to Florida and have 3 more bastards!" It was real hatred. I agree the way he did it, not telling the team in advance and making a media spectacle of it all, was crappy of him, but Cleveland was going to be upset regardless. But it all worked out for him and Cleveland, and it'll all work out for us and FM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good point jbrown. I happened to be in Cleveland the night of his announcement, and the next day, the radio was nothing but lambasting LeBron James. Fans were so mad he was leaving their city, and one dj said "he can just go to Florida and have 3 more bastards!" It was real hatred. I agree the way he did it, not telling the team in advance and making a media spectacle of it all, was crappy of him, but Cleveland was going to be upset regardless. But it all worked out for him and Cleveland, and it'll all work out for us and FM.
I was born and raised in Cleveland. I didn't have a problem with him leaving. I was really upset about the way he embarrassed the city. But, he really came thru, grew up and joined his band for one last album and stopped pretending everything was all about her.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anybody know if this "FM does not want to release this album with out Stevie" is in writing in a contract with the band.Or its worries over of loss of album sales without Stevie on it.I think its the latter one.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-09-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Does anybody know if this "FM does not want to release this album with out Stevie" is in writing in a contract with the band.Or its worries over of loss of album sales without Stevie on it.I think its the latter one.
If they toured with it, I think it could be a great opportunity to have some sales. Stevie's album didn't sell well at all.. so I don't think it makes a difference.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If they toured with it, I think it could be a great opportunity to have some sales. Stevie's album didn't sell well at all.. so I don't think it makes a difference.
Got a good point there.I think it would be out of place if FM tours with a new album without Stevie on it while she's there on the stage with them on that tour.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Got a good point there.I think it would be out of place if FM tours with a new album without Stevie on it while she's there on the stage with them on that tour.
They are so out of touch that I wouldn't put anything passed them. But, a small tour, small venues and higher prices would sell.... Do something with Steve Winwood... place would go crazy for that kind of stuff..
Old 12-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they will not. Christine talked about touring the album without Stevie. which would happen before the FM 2018 tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they will not. Christine talked about touring the album without Stevie. which would happen before the FM 2018 tour.
OK. That make more since.It would be embarrassing for them the other way around.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They are so out of touch that I wouldn't put anything passed them. But, a small tour, small venues and higher prices would sell.... Do something with Steve Winwood... place would go crazy for that kind of stuff..
Yes .I agree.It would be a great reality show.The most out of touch band on TV.Stevie can have a late night show and do a 30 minute monologue like her speeches between songs on this tour.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK. That make more since.It would be embarrassing for them the other way around.
it would be embarrassing for Stevie, yes.

if they go by dividing equally the number of songs, all her songs would be the old ones, while Chris and Lindsey would have bunch of new ones. that's why Stevie would never allow such tour to happen. in 2018, they will probably have to pretend like their new album doesn't exist. hopefully they'll at least replace some of their stale GH list with deep cuts from the past.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As if Stevie Nicks would let the band she's been in for 40 years record and tour an album without her. Frankly it's laughable.