Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I see, thank you.

Well good for us that he does two from SWS on the Fall Tour. Surprised he's doing IOOT !because it seems hard to perform

Under the Skin is my favorite but I'd take Come, Bleed to Love Her, or Say Goodbye over Shut Us Down bc SUD gets played SO much.
yes, completely agree! i was ecstatic when we sat down for that opening show soundcheck and he started with IOOT - didn't expect that at all especially since he dropped it at the last few show in 2018! IOOT deserves to be in his set!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-14-2021, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well good for us that he does two from SWS on the Fall Tour. Surprised he's doing IOOT because it seems hard to perform!

Under the Skin is my favorite but I'd take Come, Bleed to Love Her, or Say Goodbye over Shut Us Down bc SUD gets played SO much.
yeah, Stars that he's currently doing from Seeds or Rock Away Blind could replace some of the overplayed heavy acoustic guitar songs in his set.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-14-2021, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, Stars that he's currently doing from Seeds or Rock Away Blind could replace some of the overplayed heavy acoustic guitar songs in his set.
He could actually get away with dropping Trouble, as long as he does GYOW... the audience won't yell at him!

I doubt he'll do any different songs for the December leg.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He could actually get away with dropping Trouble, as long as he does GYOW... the audience won't yell at him!

I doubt he'll do any different songs for the December leg.
haha i restrained myself from saying Trouble should be gone. why not leave in full band Go Insane and drop acoustic Trouble? and replace it with Rock Away Blind? or better yet, open the show with Rock Away Blind - how spectacular would that be?

and while we are at it, both he and FM usually started the encore with a fast song. Don't Stop, Turn It On... on this tour encore is not 3 songs but just 2 slower songs. and while i'm ECSTATIC that he brought back Love Is Here To Stay why not precede it with something like much clamored for Countdown?

PS i don't see fans going crazy when he plays Trouble. that might be because i use it for my restroom break though... but either way.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Re: the TANGO sessions, I’ve read and heard from more than one source that Stevie and Mick were largely dysfunctional during the making of the album. Mick says John felt initially disconnected to the project and had to be coaxed into contributing. But what about Christine? Was she also dysfunctional because of drug use? No aural evidence suggests this and her contributions to the album are remarkable. Does anyone know her mental and physical state was at this time? I ask only because, when discussing those sessions, Lindsey never makes an exception for her. Instead, he speaks of the entire band being at its lowest point, and that without him and Richard D, the album would have never come together at all.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is "IOTT"?
Old 11-16-2021, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
What is "IOTT"?
"IOOT" is In Our Own Time, the song from Seeds We Sow.

Now I'm trying to think of a song that could go as IOTT!
Old 11-16-2021, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
haha i restrained myself from saying Trouble should be gone. why not leave in full band Go Insane and drop acoustic Trouble? and replace it with Rock Away Blind? or better yet, open the show with Rock Away Blind - how spectacular would that be?

and while we are at it, both he and FM usually started the encore with a fast song. Don't Stop, Turn It On... on this tour encore is not 3 songs but just 2 slower songs. and while i'm ECSTATIC that he brought back Love Is Here To Stay why not precede it with something like much clamored for Countdown?
I think Don't Look Down is the best first encore.
I'd love On with the Show to open the concert but I don't think Lindsey would be happy singing the lyrics. But it could show the spirit of the tour: I'm out with new album, it's my first tour of new music since being tossed from Fleetwood Mac, had to go through challenges to get here which I'll speak about later, on with the performance.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Don't Look Down is the best first encore.
I'd love On with the Show to open the concert but I don't think Lindsey would be happy singing the lyrics. But it could show the spirit of the tour: I'm out with new album, it's my first tour of new music since being tossed from Fleetwood Mac, had to go through challenges to get here which I'll speak about later, on with the performance.
I have a feeling Lindsey would get perverse pleasure from belting those lyrics from OWTS. It would further cement that HE was the team player right up to his dismissal. Plus he could say the song has a new meaning for him, his touring band...
Old 11-27-2021, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tango In The Night (1987)

...because everyone was starting to hit the wall with their substance and alcohol use. Everyone was pretty dysfunctional, so it was a chaotic environment. ....
Everyone? Even Christine? In 1987? I thought she was mostly sober by that year, far from "chaotic".
Old 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine once said something like that even when you disagree with someone you let them do it and give in to them because you respect them so much and I remember thinking she was talking about Lindsey and how she would sometimes concede to him, even though she thought her own ideas were better.

Yes, she was collaborative and yielding.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine once said something like that even when you disagree with someone you let them do it and give in to them because you respect them so much and I remember thinking she was talking about Lindsey and how she would sometimes concede to him, even though she thought her own ideas were better.

Yes, she was collaborative and yielding.
His vision led them to huge success. Christine appreciated on which side her bread was buttered.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I'm not mistaken, I think Christine was on a boat being interviewed when she said that you respect each other so much that even when you know the other person is totally wrong, you just go along with it.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I think Christine was on a boat being interviewed when she said that you respect each other so much that even when you know the other person is totally wrong, you just go along with it.
In the Tusk doc, she was holding her ever present cocktail, and said something to the effect of, "if Lindsey wants to do something on one of my songs, I usually go along with it", then laughingly adds, "even if he's wrong".
Old 12-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Everyone? Even Christine? In 1987? I thought she was mostly sober by that year, far from "chaotic".
Exactly. Lindsey never mentions how important she was to the process of making that record. She contributed great songs (as main writer but also as collaborator with Lindsey on songs he sang) and embraced the sonic aesthetic of the project. She could not have done this if she was dysfunctional. Her voice was in top form and her studio skills seemed as strong as ever.

I sensed she would have been even more present if Lindsey had allowed her to be. "Big Love," "Family Man" and "Caroline" sound like Lindsey recorded all the parts himself (excepting the African drum beats in "Caroline").

So, yeah, I don't know why Lindsey insists on downplaying her role in the production of the band's music. I sense he is protecting what he feels is his primary imprint on the Rumours-era lineup. But Christine never needed to ignore someone's contributions to prop herself up. Her insistence on being a "band" player as opposed to frontwoman is refreshing but rare.