User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default The Wild Heart shows

OMG. Someone posted a bunch of Wild Heart and RAL concerts on youtube. Simply incredible. I love Stevie's banter during these concerts because many times you have no idea what she is talking about. It was quite a rush to listen to my first concert and first Stevie show from 1983 today. June 28, 1983, Pittsburgh Civic Arena. Very odd show even for Wild Heart standards. After Gold Dust Woman, Stevie states that this makes her feel so much better than the way she was 10 minutes ago. Was she ill or did she get bad news? Then she claims she thinks she is in a dream but she is here so she knows its real. Then she claims she cant hear herself and starts singing from Waddy's microphone and moves the monitors on stage herself and changes them frequently. When she finally remembers to introduce her band, some of them are not on stage because its not at the normal time. She skips over them and then comes back to them when they arrive back on stage. She sounds really tired and strung out. She has no passion at all. The newspaper the next day stated she looked dazed and her band disorganized claiming the band may have not known what song to play next. Here is my theory. I listened to the Philly show the previous night. Stevie is funny and talking about the Gators people are throwing on stage for Benmont Tench. She probably stayed up all night with Joe and did not sleep much for the next show. Its also early in the Wild Heart tour and maybe this is when Kim calls her out on her cheating with Joe on a phone call or something. The Entertainment Tonight segment filmed a few weeks later, Stevie revealed to the public that her recent marriage failed. Just speculation on my part because she keeps claiming the whole show she will get through this. Her father was still introducing her early in this tour. She honestly sounds like she just woke up LOL
Anyway, the banter on these shows is just as good as the music. However the NYC show is one of the BEST ever!!!!! She is on fire.

Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0RaEPU2G6M&t=2792s

Philly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1S8rq_IYc

New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiArIBWm8sk

New Haven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_5L79pYH38&t=2494s

The RAL shows are also up. I love Dallas where she admits to the audience that she did not do a sound check LOL

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-24-2019 at 11:48 AM..
Old 05-24-2019, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
the NYC show is one of the BEST ever!!!!! She is on fire.
New York
I was at this show and still remember it quite well. The hysteria between us and Stevie was amazing. So much love.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting!

I had the NYC show on a cassette (back when these were traded by fans back and forth by snail-mail) years ago, so it's nice to listen this again.

It was especially cool that she (and Tom Petty) did 'I Will Run to You' (one of the few rare performances of the song).

I remember when 'Rolling Stone' did a review of 'The Wild Heart'. It was pretty harsh like their critique of 'Bella Donna' 2 years earlier.

They said that her music on 'WH' was 'pedestrian', and that her lyrics - with their flaky fairy tale imagery - bordered on the meaningless. But they did like 'I Will Run to You', saying that one song said more about love than any of Stevie's put together.

A local department store had the 'WH' promo poster put up in their record albums section. I must've stood there for for half an hour staring at it (I LOVE the picture, the one of Stevie by Herbert Worthington, of her wearing the feathered headdress, with clouds beneath her), and thinking how best to rip it off the wall and take it home with me! I did eventually buy one from a rock memorabilia dealer, and it still hangs in my bedroom.

Last edited by greendaze5; 05-25-2019 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-01-2019, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been loving these posts from Cobius. So much new and upgraded stuff. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Thanks for posting!

I had the NYC show on a cassette (back when these were traded by fans back and forth by snail-mail) years ago, so it's nice to listen this again.

It was especially cool that she (and Tom Petty) did 'I Will Run to You' (one of the few rare performances of the song).

I remember when 'Rolling Stone' did a review of 'The Wild Heart'. It was pretty harsh like their critique of 'Bella Donna' 2 years earlier.

They said that her music on 'WH' was 'pedestrian', and that her lyrics - with their flaky fairy tale imagery - bordered on the meaningless. But they did like 'I Will Run to You', saying that one song said more about love than any of Stevie's put together.

A local department store had the 'WH' promo poster put up in their record albums section. I must've stood there for for half an hour staring at it (I LOVE the picture, the one of Stevie by Herbert Worthington, of her wearing the feathered headdress, with clouds beneath her), and thinking how best to rip it off the wall and take it home with me! I did eventually buy one from a rock memorabilia dealer, and it still hangs in my bedroom.
I loved reading this line, because I did this soooo many times in my life! Last time was when I saw Lindsey in Vegas in 2007 and there was a fabulous poster outside the theater. My partner kept me from pursuing any plans to nab it though, probably for the best.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also wanted to nab the 'RAL' promo poster (with the beautiful hand-tinted photo from the album's back cover) off the record store wall too!

And yes, another bad review from 'Rolling Stone'. One opinion was that 'I Sing For The Things' made her come across as anti-feminist.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember the life sized stand up poster from the “Hard Advice” song? I guess Stevie wanted to take that from the record store.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Remember the life sized stand up poster from the “Hard Advice” song? I guess Stevie wanted to take that from the record store.
'Don't buy that doll.... don't buy that doll...'
Old 06-04-2019, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Pittsburgh show. She was a hot mess!

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-05-2019, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I was at the Pittsburgh show. She was a hot mess!
I have listened to so many Wild Heart shows because I love to hear Stevie's banter each night. But just like the RAL tour, each night can really sound different. She sounded more energetic during the second leg especially Dallas and Tempe. I have listened to so many of them but have to say Pittsburgh definitely was her worst show. WTF. Maybe no coke dealer that night or hung over from Philly the previous night. She just sounds so tired. Also were the microphone issues all in her head? This tour was the first time the drugs really impacted her stage show. Band introductions were done at different times and in Pittsburgh her band does not even know she is introducing them and the bassist Wizard is not even on stage for introductions. It was my first concert but remember being scared like something was not quite right.
So similar to RAL tour, some nights are definitely better than others. However one song she nails every night is Beauty and the Beast. Her intro to the song changes each night but her performance on the song each night is stellar even in Pittsburgh.
We all have seen the Largo show as professionally recorded. She was high as a kite that show but it was a good night. But listening to so many shows that have now been posted, one can clearly understand why no concert was going to be commercially released like Bella Donna.
I love in Dallas when her coke babbles have her brain trying to say 2 things at once "Welcome to the Wild" then boom talks about her Texas song she used to sing as a kid.
I am just curious what her cryptic message meant in Pittsburgh about feeling better than she was 10 minutes ago. Was she ill, did she run out of coke, did Kim call her out for her affair with Joe.
Definitely worth a listen to the different shows just for her crazy talk
Old 06-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I have been loving these posts from Cobius. So much new and upgraded stuff. Thank you!
Exactly! This dude has been extremely generous on YouTube!
Old 06-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. Someone posted a bunch of Wild Heart and RAL concerts on youtube. Simply incredible. I love Stevie's banter during these concerts because many times you have no idea what she is talking about. It was quite a rush to listen to my first concert and first Stevie show from 1983 today. June 28, 1983, Pittsburgh Civic Arena. Very odd show even for Wild Heart standards. After Gold Dust Woman, Stevie states that this makes her feel so much better than the way she was 10 minutes ago. Was she ill or did she get bad news? Then she claims she thinks she is in a dream but she is here so she knows its real. Then she claims she cant hear herself and starts singing from Waddy's microphone and moves the monitors on stage herself and changes them frequently. When she finally remembers to introduce her band, some of them are not on stage because its not at the normal time. She skips over them and then comes back to them when they arrive back on stage. She sounds really tired and strung out. She has no passion at all. The newspaper the next day stated she looked dazed and her band disorganized claiming the band may have not known what song to play next. Here is my theory. I listened to the Philly show the previous night. Stevie is funny and talking about the Gators people are throwing on stage for Benmont Tench. She probably stayed up all night with Joe and did not sleep much for the next show. Its also early in the Wild Heart tour and maybe this is when Kim calls her out on her cheating with Joe on a phone call or something. The Entertainment Tonight segment filmed a few weeks later, Stevie revealed to the public that her recent marriage failed. Just speculation on my part because she keeps claiming the whole show she will get through this. Her father was still introducing her early in this tour. She honestly sounds like she just woke up LOL
Anyway, the banter on these shows is just as good as the music. However the NYC show is one of the BEST ever!!!!! She is on fire.

Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0RaEPU2G6M&t=2792s

Philly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1S8rq_IYc

New York

New Haven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_5L79pYH38&t=2494s

The RAL shows are also up. I love Dallas where she admits to the audience that she did not do a sound check LOL
I sent to Cobios many of the shows he upload on Youtube and the shows are mine.I'm happy to continue to speak "live" from Stevie today...
Old 06-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
I sent to Cobios many of the shows he upload on Youtube and the shows are mine.I'm happy to continue to speak "live" from Stevie today...
THANK YOU SO MUCH
You really have no idea how amazing it was to hear my first concert again from 1983. All of these shows are really special for so many reasons.
THANK YOU AGAIN
Old 06-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH
You really have no idea how amazing it was to hear my first concert again from 1983. All of these shows are really special for so many reasons.
THANK YOU AGAIN
I remember many years ago I trade with you some Stevie's live from 2005 tour (Are you liquidblue trade list? at http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/liquidbluetrading/)
I really love Wild Heart Tour any shows are so gems in my heart

Here below there's the link where you can find some Live I have share on Guitar101 forum in flac version:

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/se...rchid=12797401

if you want my complete lists don't hesitate to tell me

take care

paolo