User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Sorry ButterCookie, I do adore Christine and I think her other three contributions to Rumours are all outstanding, but "Don't Stop" is a very basic song in my opinion, that was most definitely over-played (not her fault of course, but the result is undeniable). What I loved about "Oh Daddy" was further developed on her Tusk compositions - lovely all round just like the woman herself...
I always felt that "Oh Daddy" (and "Lola") was the daddy of Tusk.

Also, thank you for mentioning Iris (interesting song choice). I hope Stevie has consulted you for your recommendations on this project.

SPEAKING OF: I realize this dashes my dream of the Pet Shop Boys doing a complete cover of the Rumours album (w/ Johnny Marr on guitar).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
Mick's info has been wrong before,so, I doubt this will happen.
However, if it does, what about Tanya Tucker? She did cross over to rock w/ her TNT album....and her cocaine addiction got her the title of "country music's Stevie Nicks", so, just sayin'!
Oh my God, I'd die. I love Tanya Tucker. Love her. Love her. Love her. What do you think she'd sound good on, though? I've always liked her voice best on those slow country ballads, and other than Songbird (which would be a mess with Tanya), Rumours doesn't really lend itself to that.
You're so like me
Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The country music I like is more of the variety of these:

Junior Brown
The Jayhawks
Lucinda Williams
The Flatlanders
Chris Hillman (with or without his Desert Rose Band)

These artists probably would be as bored as I at the thought of a Rumours covers album in country style.

It just doesn't fit. Can you imagine Stevie dressed in her signature style walking through a cowshed, getting all dirty and stuff? H*ll no, g*dd*** it ...

These days, cash cows live in cowsheds, hence the record labels come up with ideas such as this one. The outcome is urban country.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree ,Belladonna would of got more country station airplay today if Stevie released it today.Sorry country haters. songs Leather and Lace and After the Glitter Fades would of streamrollered any of todays artists including Taylor and the other girls.yes I could see Stevie on the saturday Grand Ole Opry in Nashville singing "After The Glitter Fades" I will be there cheering her on.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Oh my God, I'd die. I love Tanya Tucker. Love her. Love her. Love her. What do you think she'd sound good on, though? I've always liked her voice best on those slow country ballads, and other than Songbird (which would be a mess with Tanya), Rumours doesn't really lend itself to that.
After consideration, and remembering her voice on the TNT album, I'm going to say Dreams. It's got the slow, drawn out sexiness of a good Tanya Tucker song!! I'd like to hear her singing...what you had, and what you lost....
Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SPEAKING OF: I realize this dashes my dream of the Pet Shop Boys doing a complete cover of the Rumours album (w/ Johnny Marr on guitar).
TrueFaith, you've made me have to change my knickers!! I won't rest until Neil Tennant gets his hands on Stevie. When asked a few years ago whom he would like to work with, he's immediate response was Miss Nicks. It must happen at some point but I wish for it to be all original material, written by either Stevie herself or in collaboration with Neil and Chris. That said, I wouldn't object to her covering "Love Comes Quickly" or "Being Boring".
Just the thought of them creating together makes me all a-quiver!! Time for a sedative methinks...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
TrueFaith, you've made me have to change my knickers!! I won't rest until Neil Tennant gets his hands on Stevie. When asked a few years ago whom he would like to work with, he's immediate response was Miss Nicks. It must happen at some point but I wish for it to be all original material, written by either Stevie herself or in collaboration with Neil and Chris. That said, I wouldn't object to her covering "Love Comes Quickly" or "Being Boring".
Just the thought of them creating together makes me all a-quiver!! Time for a sedative methinks...
Well, yes, THAT would be the ideal. Of course, despite that option for a collaborator, Miss Nicks chose: Dave Stewart.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.