The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM
llb

Whenever I feel like I need a new Lindsey album fix, I listen to Calexico's Carried To Dust and imagine it's Lindsey's new project, and it seems to help. There are some great Lindsey-ish songs on there. But reading about these new rumblings are sure exciting!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing personal against Stevie but I sure am sick to death of all the stuff on her album and tour (apologies to Stevie fans) - I cannot wait until we're getting all the same stuff about our beloved Lindsey!

It seems like we've been waiting FOREVER
Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
It seems like we've been waiting FOREVER
really? Jeez... It's not been that long since he put out material. What if you were a fan from 1993-2005 when Lindsey didn't do d*ck?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
What if you were a fan from 1993-2005 when Lindsey didn't do d*ck?
she was, if i remember correctly.

Quote:
Nothing personal against Stevie but I sure am sick to death of all the stuff on her album and tour (apologies to Stevie fans) - I cannot wait until we're getting all the same stuff about our beloved Lindsey!
i feel the same (although i don't think we'll be getting that much official info about LB's project, but still - i loved reading all the stuff on various boards from the time when GoS came out and all the tour reviews and am hoping it will be similar this time around)... every now and then i get bored with no news re upcoming LB album and check SN board to see whether there are some LB news there or how's Rod Stewart tour going, and while i'm happy SN fans are getting their fix, i want mine!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

:
I third this. I was not pumped about a Stevie release to begin with.....come on Bucky let's go

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
really? Jeez... It's not been that long since he put out material. What if you were a fan from 1993-2005 when Lindsey didn't do d*ck?
Well I've been an FM fan from 1977 and a Lindsey fan from 1981/82 and it's always tough waiting for stuff whether it's the longer periods between anything or the relatively shorter ones.

OK, GOS was quite recent in 2008 and Unleashed tour was 2009 but it's now 2011 and I want Lindsey stuff !
Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love dedicated Bucky fans
Old 04-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

O M G www.Lindseybuckingham.com has a video of Lindsey playing Big Love ACOUSTIC from something called "Bass Performance Hall" -- HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!? Man that site really offers the backstage VIP in-the-know experience.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
O M G www.Lindseybuckingham.com has a video of Lindsey playing Big Love ACOUSTIC from something called "Bass Performance Hall" -- HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!? Man that site really offers the backstage VIP in-the-know experience.
You should get the Bass Performance Hall DVD - it contains the gig and a full documentary as well. Brilliant
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for my misleading post. It was meant sarcastically. I am very familiar with Bass Performance. I was just being funny. As if I had never heard Big Love done acoustically before. As if the website provided something new and useful to the human race. It doesn't even give a link to people to buy Bass Performance!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i assume somebody already posted this link some place among thousands of messages on stevie board but i don't feel like looking through them, plus this is slightly lindsey related (there is one ultra short description of his reaction on glee asking for permission to use rumours):
VIDEO: Inside Glee Paleyfest | Rumours Episode Concept | What Lindsey Buckingham thought about it http://bit.ly/h6LxPY

EDIT: i see it's been also posted in rumours forum, thread on glee. oh well.

Last edited by elle; 04-04-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry for my misleading post. It was meant sarcastically.
you seem to confuse people a lot lately! i'm still puzzled about your twitter post that you said was not meant sarcastically...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you seem to confuse people a lot lately! i'm still puzzled about your twitter post that you said was not meant sarcastically...
If you ever get to see The Last Song, perhaps you'll see what's remarkable in Miley's performance that I saw, or it will give us a basis for discussing what's special about that performance beyond my most recent tweet on the subject.

As for my post here, I felt like I had been making a habit of sarcastic posts in this thread so I didn't realize it would be confusing... given the fans' shared consternation at the slow-to-update website.

It's hard to read/communicate tone online.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's hard to read/communicate tone online.
i hear you, even with the arsenal of smileys to try to get the right tone it still ends up often confusing...
Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i assume somebody already posted this link some place among thousands of messages on stevie board but i don't feel like looking through them, plus this is slightly lindsey related (there is one ultra short description of his reaction on glee asking for permission to use rumours):
VIDEO: Inside Glee Paleyfest | Rumours Episode Concept | What Lindsey Buckingham thought about it http://bit.ly/h6LxPY

EDIT: i see it's been also posted in rumours forum, thread on glee. oh well.
Thanks for specifying though. I don't really like to watch video clips. I'll read a transcript, but I'm not going to watch a video unless I have a reason. So, when you say something like "Lindsey's reaction" that gives me a reason.

The reference to his children as a rationale for his reaction, "Oh my God I'd love that," is definitely something I want to know about.

Michele