Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up "Sara" Video from Tusk doc

I was just watching this, and although I am sure many of you have a copy, I just felt like sharing it, for those who don't have a digital copy.
Sorry about the "play" icon at the beginning, and the "Fleetwood Mac Attack" it is actually the footage from the Tusk doc, but this copy must have been rebroadcast on TV as an individual video.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9C54C717BD7F82
Old 06-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
this copy must have been rebroadcast on TV as an individual video.
Yeah it was for a bunch of things like Don Kirshner's Rock Concert & Casey Kasem's Top 10 & other stuff like that.

We need the video of that whole song: the uncut "Sara" because they cut out a third of the song for the film. (Fleetwood Mac never cut it in performance.) You can at least hear the whole performance on the 11.06.79 soundboard.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You can at least hear the whole performance on the 11.06.79 soundboard.
aww I was almost 3 months old! I feel old.

do you have this to post?

I always wonder what Stevie/FM were doing on my birthday.

anyway, thanks for posting this. when she grabs Lindsey's mic I want to burst into tears. that part makes me so sad, for some reason.

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 06-09-2006 at 11:17 AM..
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
aww I was almost 3 months old! I feel old.

do you have this to post?
Here y'all:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...122F7C2A6705DC

Quote:
when she grabs Lindsey's mic I want to burst into tears. that part makes me so sad, for some reason.
You chiffonies are entirely too moist. Always weeping, sobbing, mewling, soaking or otherwise gunking everything up with your overactive waterworks. Cut it out! You'll get moldy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You'll get moldy.
And we know what mold does to the human resperatory system.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I was just watching this, and although I am sure many of you have a copy, I just felt like sharing it, for those who don't have a digital copy.
Sorry about the "play" icon at the beginning, and the "Fleetwood Mac Attack" it is actually the footage from the Tusk doc, but this copy must have been rebroadcast on TV as an individual video.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9C54C717BD7F82
thanks for posting this! what a great performance. i don't think i've ever seen the whole thing. and i love chris's hair during the tusk era - so tousled and sexy.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That version is definitely the best live version I've heard of Sara.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thank you!
Quote:
You chiffonies are entirely too moist. Always weeping, sobbing, mewling, soaking or otherwise gunking everything up with your overactive waterworks. Cut it out! You'll get moldy.
thank you.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do love this video, and the full soundboard version even more. The guitar work is just great...subtle...but great.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

that was really nice. thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's a great performance... oddly enough, this is also the performance of Sara used on Fleetwood Mac Live, but Stevie overdubbed much of the vocals, and Lindsay and Chris dubbed in the "Ahhhhs" and "Sara" stuff that they weren't doing live for some reason....

I think the video version is interesting because Lindsay's mic sounds like it's off... or just on some quiet reverb or something... It blares on the soundboard though.

I'm always sad to hear the SYW tour versions of this because she doesn't hold out the end like she does on the video.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbt
Lindsay Lindsay
Anyone?

Old 06-10-2006, 08:51 AM
joe

Quote:
Yeah it was for a bunch of things like Don Kirshner's Rock Concert & Casey Kasem's Top 10 & other stuff like that.

We need the video of that whole song: the uncut "Sara" because they cut out a third of the song for the film. (Fleetwood Mac never cut it in performance.) You can at least hear the whole performance on the 11.06.79 soundboard.
Interestingly enough, they used some of that cut footage as filler in the final piece. As an editor, I notice shots that don't quite sync up. One example is the shot during the final verse "but if you build your house then call me home..." Lindsey is walking toward Christine who is looking toward the stage. As a new close-up fades in on the 2 of them from behind, you can tell they're both singing the chorus, "sara." Another good example, the clip after the piano intro that starts with the close-up of Mick and then zooming out to a full shot of the entire stage is actually the footage before "Hold on, the night is coming..." If you sync up the actual audio to these parts, you can get it to work. I did this in my complete boredom, yet curiousity, years ago.

Out of all the performances I've ever heard of that song, that one is still the best. There are others that come close (Japan, Cleveland). But she just seemed to melt into that song. Most likely, fueled for the cameras and the newness of the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbt
It's a great performance... oddly enough, this is also the performance of Sara used on Fleetwood Mac Live, but Stevie overdubbed much of the vocals, and Lindsay and Chris dubbed in the "Ahhhhs" and "Sara" stuff that they weren't doing live for some reason....

I think the video version is interesting because Lindsay's mic sounds like it's off... or just on some quiet reverb or something... It blares on the soundboard though.

I'm always sad to hear the SYW tour versions of this because she doesn't hold out the end like she does on the video.
On the FM Live version, you can actually hear the "ghost" of the original vocal at certain quiet parts.

I like the version on the video with the reverbed Lindsey mic. They must have done that in postproduction. It was a nice touch.

Last edited by joe; 06-10-2006 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Interestingly enough, they used some of that cut footage as filler in the final piece. As an editor, I notice shots that don't quite sync up. One example is the shot during the final verse "but if you build your house then call me home..." Lindsey is walking toward Christine who is looking toward the stage. As a new close-up fades in on the 2 of them from behind, you can tell they're both singing the chorus, "sara." Another good example, the clip after the piano intro that starts with the close-up of Mick and then zooming out to a full shot of the entire stage is actually the footage before "Hold on, the night is coming..." If you sync up the actual audio to these parts, you can get it to work. I did this in my complete boredom, yet curiousity, years ago.
Cool, Joe!
Quote:
Out of all the performances I've ever heard of that song, that one is still the best. There are others that come close (Japan, Cleveland). But she just seemed to melt into that song. Most likely, fueled for the cameras and the newness of the song.
Oh come on. The performance that's on film officially just happens to be the best? Fans always say that. I mean, what about performances from Providence (Nov. 22), Los Angeles (Dec. 10), etc., plus all those great performances on the Mirage tour?
Quote:
On the FM Live version, you can actually hear the "ghost" of the original vocal at certain quiet parts.
Hmm... cool. I can hear the opening stanza as well as the "All I ever wanted" at the end, & those are both legit.
Quote:
I like the version on the video with the reverbed Lindsey mic. They must have done that in postproduction. It was a nice touch.
Have you compared the film of "Angel" with the soundboard of it?

The question about "Sara"--which is the most blatant rerecord of lead vocal on the entire Live album--is WHEN did she do this? She obviously had some sort of bronchial situation going on, recovering from a chest cold. But I saw her play with John Stewart after the Tusk tour ended, very shortly before the Live album was released, & she weren't sick or singing differently. So I believe she must have done the "Sara" rerecord during some break on the Tusk tour, like July. Maybe she got a summer cold in Los Angeles. We need these questions solved! Ask Stevie & Christine's Q&A are worthless.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The "aaaaaah" before "the laces..." kills me. KILLS me. Moist chiffonite here!