User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
The "aaaaaah" before "the laces..." kills me. KILLS me. Moist chiffonite here!
The"aaaah" is like falling into a soft cushion on chiffon, in a reverie of undone laces
Old 06-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I was just watching this, and although I am sure many of you have a copy, I just felt like sharing it, for those who don't have a digital copy.
Sorry about the "play" icon at the beginning, and the "Fleetwood Mac Attack" it is actually the footage from the Tusk doc, but this copy must have been rebroadcast on TV as an individual video.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9C54C717BD7F82
thanks for posting this.

Sara is my alltime favourite Stevie song

Gail
Old 06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Cool, Joe!
Oh come on. The performance that's on film officially just happens to be the best? Fans always say that. I mean, what about performances from Providence (Nov. 22), Los Angeles (Dec. 10), etc., plus all those great performances on the Mirage tour?
Hmm... cool. I can hear the opening stanza as well as the "All I ever wanted" at the end, & those are both legit.
Have you compared the film of "Angel" with the soundboard of it?

The question about "Sara"--which is the most blatant rerecord of lead vocal on the entire Live album--is WHEN did she do this? She obviously had some sort of bronchial situation going on, recovering from a chest cold. But I saw her play with John Stewart after the Tusk tour ended, very shortly before the Live album was released, & she weren't sick or singing differently. So I believe she must have done the "Sara" rerecord during some break on the Tusk tour, like July. Maybe she got a summer cold in Los Angeles. We need these questions solved! Ask Stevie & Christine's Q&A are worthless.
I haven't heard the Providence or LA versions...On the "all I ever wanted" part, she overdubbed "was to know that you were dreaming sara."

In terms of the Tusk documentary film...This is what I deduct as being the 11-5 and 11-6 footage respectively. And I could only conclude this after hearing the 11-6 soundboard. "Not that Funny," "Angel," and "The Chain" audio is from 11-5. The video of "Angel" is most definately from that same night (11-5). Nothing seems fishy about the video/audio syncing....except in one part which I think is when they're both at the mic. "Not that Funny" could be either night. If I remember, there are a few parts that seem out of sync.

The funny thing about "The Chain" on the doc is that the video is from 11-6 but the audio is from 11-5. The footage of "The Chain" on the Tusk outtakes was from 11-5. Notice how Stevie's bun is a lot smaller on that night? The audio and video on that outtake completely matches up. But the audio made it onto the final doc. For some reason, they liked the shots from the 11-6 performance and decided to lay it over. Only obsessive diehards would notice this! One particular note, in the second verse of the line "run in the shadows etc" Stevie flubs at first and seems to start singing "break the silence" but quickly changes and it sounds like "breaaaa in the shadows etc." And the 11-5 video shows her doing this up close. And notice how they cleverly threw in that annoying audience noise to try to cover it up in the doc! Speaking of which, a friend and I used to crack up regarding the oft-overbearing audience noise. Were they trying to mimic those old Beatles tv performances where you couldn't even hear the band!? We need a version of the documentary - less the audience overdubs. Actually, I could do this on Final Cut since I have the 11-6 soundboard. I just need the 11-5 soundboard for those couple of songs. One of these days...

All the other songs on the doc are from 11-6. So, where is the 11-5 soundboard and other film footage?

Last edited by joe; 06-12-2006 at 09:17 PM..
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
In terms of the Tusk documentary film...This is what I deduct as being the 11-5 and 11-6 footage respectively. And I could only conclude this after hearing the 11-6 soundboard. "Not that Funny," "Angel," and "The Chain" audio is from 11-5. The video of "Angel" is most definately from that same night (11-5). Nothing seems fishy about the video/audio syncing....except in one part which I think is when they're both at the mic. "Not that Funny" could be either night. If I remember, there are a few parts that seem out of sync.
You're a maestro!
Quote:
The funny thing about "The Chain" on the doc is that the video is from 11-6 but the audio is from 11-5. The footage of "The Chain" on the Tusk outtakes was from 11-5. Notice how Stevie's bun is a lot smaller on that night? The audio and video on that outtake completely matches up. But the audio made it onto the final doc. For some reason, they liked the shots from the 11-6 performance and decided to lay it over. Only obsessive diehards would notice this! One particular note, in the second verse of the line "run in the shadows etc" Stevie flubs at first and seems to start singing "break the silence" but quickly changes and it sounds like "breaaaa in the shadows etc." And the 11-5 video shows her doing this up close. And notice how they cleverly threw in that annoying audience noise to try to cover it up in the doc!
I don't know, but I'm feeling slightly worried & annoyed to hear you talk about concert footage on the outtakes, since I have no onstage footage in any of my outtake material--only studio.
Quote:
Speaking of which, a friend and I used to crack up regarding the oft-overbearing audience noise. Were they trying to mimic those old Beatles tv performances where you couldn't even hear the band!?
Yes, the deafening yelling & screaming is well beyond the actual noise at any Fleetwood Mac concert I've ever been to. It does have that "Ed Sullivan Show" quality, with the shrieking & deafening roar.
Quote:
All the other songs on the doc are from 11-6. So, where is the 11-5 soundboard and other film footage?
Ask Frank!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You're a maestro!
I don't know, but I'm feeling slightly worried & annoyed to hear you talk about concert footage on the outtakes, since I have no onstage footage in any of my outtake material--only studio.
Yes, the deafening yelling & screaming is well beyond the actual noise at any Fleetwood Mac concert I've ever been to. It does have that "Ed Sullivan Show" quality, with the shrieking & deafening roar.
Ask Frank!
you haven't seen that footage? it was slapped onto some other video tapes i got a few years ago from I don't even remember who. During one part in the first chorus, the shot was a cu of Stevie (of her right side) and then the camera guy circled behind her to come out on the other side of her right when she says, "ah haaaaa." That type of footage doesn't gel with what got released. I was really surprised when I first saw this video.

If I recall, there's another snippet in there from right after "songbird" (no actual "songbird though). Basically, in the released doc when the song ends, the film zooms in on Chris smiling and then it fades to black, or the WB trademark. Well, in this footage, the film keeps going and it shows Chris getting up from behind the piano (i'm gonna have to watch this again because I haven't seen it in a while and the details are sketchy) and walking off stage with the rest of them. I think John mutters something into one of the mics (can't really hear it) and then Stevie comes out in her white Rhiannon outfit and goes to her mic and says, "this is SOME band don't you think? Good night you guys." And then walks off and the film fades out.

Who's Frank?
Old 06-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
If I recall, there's another snippet in there from right after "songbird" (no actual "songbird though). Basically, in the released doc when the song ends, the film zooms in on Chris smiling and then it fades to black, or the WB trademark. Well, in this footage, the film keeps going and it shows Chris getting up from behind the piano (i'm gonna have to watch this again because I haven't seen it in a while and the details are sketchy) and walking off stage with the rest of them. I think John mutters something into one of the mics (can't really hear it) and then Stevie comes out in her white Rhiannon outfit and goes to her mic and says, "this is SOME band don't you think? Good night you guys." And then walks off and the film fades out.
I have that on videotape. It was part of something labeled "Tusk Outtakes".
Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
thanks for posting this.

Sara is my alltime favourite Stevie song

Gail
Is there anyone out there that would post the audio from the Sara video shown on VH1 back then? I like it best cause the fans screaming was cut down for the commericaklly released video. Any help WILL be greatly apprciated. sorry about the typos.... I need new glasses ,,,,,,,,