The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey gets out of hand with Chris.Chris will get pissed off and throw a full glass of something at him.LOL..........That will cool him down.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
If Lindsey gets out of hand with Chris.Chris will get pissed off and throw a full glass of something at him.LOL..........That will cool him down.
That was one of Lindsey's stipulations for Christine returning to the band. She had to agree never to toss drinks in his face ever again. She agreed and said she'd douse Mick instead, if she felt the need to.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Because when LB helps Christine she helps him right back. She can collaborate on the chords, or the melody that can go with these chords, or the lyrics, she can even arrange and/or produce. Further, she can create her own riffs.
True! And her harmonic vocabulary is pretty rich. Coming from the blues, she brings a whole other dimension to the music. Without her, Fleetwood Mac may still possess vitality, which is fun to listen to and watch, but they lack a certain musical sophistication that one hears even before LB and SN joined--that bluesy, jazz-inflected pop one can hear on Bad Loser, Prove Your Love, the underlining chords of Remember Me, her reading of Welch's Keep on Going...all of this is indispensable stuff in the overall mix of the Rumours lineup, not only with her songs but with her contributions on the others' tunes. Her keyboards on Dreams for instance are essential to the texture of the tune--and clearly her conception. Her background vocals on that tune, as well as a number of others, pitches the music into another territory beyond Eagles rock. Lindsey may be the resident "genius" but she is equally responsible for the band's unique musical quality.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
True! And her harmonic vocabulary is pretty rich. Coming from the blues, she brings a whole other dimension to the music. Without her, Fleetwood Mac may still possess vitality, which is fun to listen to and watch, but they lack a certain musical sophistication that one hears even before LB and SN joined--that bluesy, jazz-inflected pop one can hear on Bad Loser, Prove Your Love, the underlining chords of Remember Me, her reading of Welch's Keep on Going...all of this is indispensable stuff in the overall mix of the Rumours lineup, not only with her songs but with her contributions on the others' tunes. Her keyboards on Dreams for instance are essential to the texture of the tune--and clearly her conception. Her background vocals on that tune, as well as a number of others, pitches the music into another territory beyond Eagles rock. Lindsey may be the resident "genius" but she is equally responsible for the band's unique musical quality.
The keyboard solo at the end of Crystal, for example, gives the song a completely different dimension. As Lindsey sings, "To the sea..ee..ee.." She does a call/response which reminds me of the waves of the sea crashing in and out...

Come to find out, Christine said she was living with John in Malibu in a flat right on the coast. She was actually near the ocean a lot. I truly believe that it creeped it's way into that album. I can hear it in a few places. Even the car horn in Sugar Daddy reminds me of her making her way back to LA in her convertable.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey doesn't get out of hand with Chris. With Stevie, yeah, but Chris will throw that drink in his face then....

Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At Christine's age it will probably be a glass of Metamucil or Ensure.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Prune juice
Old 03-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The keyboard solo at the end of Crystal, for example, gives the song a completely different dimension. As Lindsey sings, "To the sea..ee..ee.." She does a call/response which reminds me of the waves of the sea crashing in and out...

Come to find out, Christine said she was living with John in Malibu in a flat right on the coast. She was actually near the ocean a lot. I truly believe that it creeped it's way into that album. I can hear it in a few places. Even the car horn in Sugar Daddy reminds me of her making her way back to LA in her convertable.
Oh my god, how could I have forgotten the organ solo in Crystal! Stevie has said the band taped Christine soloing on that instrument for hours and used various parts. I would love to hear more of those parts.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh my god, how could I have forgotten the organ solo in Crystal! Stevie has said the band taped Christine soloing on that instrument for hours and used various parts. I would love to hear more of those parts.
That solo moves me in ways I can't explain.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Atlease Olivia Newton-John will have a new CD out.

http://www.lasvegasnvblog.com/2015/0...siness-new-cd/

Wow .Look how lucky Olivia is with the Chippendales around her. Olivia looks like Stevie with those sunglasses .

Sorry to drift off there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 459c31_t653-350x350.jpg (39.0 KB, 13 views)

Old 03-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Prune juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

You guys make me LOL.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Lindsey doesn't get out of hand with Chris. With Stevie, yeah, but Chris will throw that drink in his face then....
Yea .Chris is easy going and why bother getting hot under the collar at that age.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That was one of Lindsey's stipulations for Christine returning to the band. She had to agree never to toss drinks in his face ever again. She agreed and said she'd douse Mick instead, if she felt the need to.

Hahahahahaaha.That was funny .Poor Mick.If Stevie was also into it .Poor Mick will be drowning.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will get a load of this news.Sorry if this a dup posting.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...uple-of-years/

Mick Fleetwood Hoping Fleetwood Mac Will Release New Album "Within the Next Couple of Years"

9 March 2015

[Courtesy Credit: Danny Clinch] Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album with longtime singer/keyboardist Christine McVie? That’s a question on the minds of a lot of the band’s fans. It’s no secret that the group has started amassing some material for a possible new record, but founding drummer Mick Fleetwood admits it may be a “couple of years” before he and his band mates will have the chance to complete the project since they’re currently focused on touring and will be for some time.

“This whole touring stuff is getting sort of totally, in a good way, out of control,” Fleetwood tells ABC Radio. “We’re going all over the world now, so we don’t quite know how we’re gonna finish this [album] out.”

Fleetwood Mac is in the middle of its second North American tour leg since Christine McVie officially rejoined the band last year. The current trek is scheduled to run through an April 14 concert in the Los Angeles area, and that will be followed by a European outing that runs from late May until the middle of July. The group also is expected to visit other parts of the world before wrapping up the tour.

As for the new music Fleetwood Mac has been preparing, Mick tells ABC Radio, “We’re building up this whole sort of dossier of material, a glut of stuff.” He explains that singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham “has a great chunk of wonderful songs, [most of which are] pretty flushed out and finished,” adding that the band also has “been in the studio with Christine in months gone by [and that] worked out amazingly well.”

Fleetwood says the only element that really is missing from the project is some new original songs from Stevie Nicks. For her part, Nicks told ABC Radio late last year that she was unsure whether, after the band wrapped up its tour, she would be willing to keep her solo career on hold and “sign up for another year of making a record.”

And what are Mick’s feelings about the chances for a new Fleetwood Mac album? “I hope it happens,” he says. “My inclination is, the music will not be wasted. It will come out one way or another. And I truly hope, and I quietly believe it will be Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie will do some lovely stuff and within the next couple of years we will get that done.”

Here are the remaining dates on Fleetwood Mac’s current North American tour:

3/11 — North Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena
3/12 — Oklahoma City, OK, Chesapeake Energy Arena
3/15 — Charlottesville, VA, John Paul Jones Arena
3/17 — Greensboro, NC, Greensboro Coliseum Complex
3/18 — Nashville, TN, Bridgestone Arena
3/21 — Miami, FL, American Airlines Arena
3/23 — Orlando, FL, Amway Center
3/25 — Atlanta, GA, Philips Arena
3/27 — St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center
3/28 — Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center
3/31 — Wichita, KS, INTRUST Bank Arena
4/1 — Denver, CO, Pepsi Center
4/4 — Vancouver, BC, Canada, Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
4/6 — Bakersfield, CA, Rabobank Arena
4/7 — Oakland, CA, Oracle Arena
4/10 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum
4/11 — Las Vegas, NV, MGM Grand Garden Arena
4/14 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.