Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Unreleased Tracks from Rumours?

WTF are they re-releasing RUMORS again?!?! Where are the delux packages for Mirage and Tango?!?!

And honestly, what songs are left from the Rumours sessions anyway?

On the other hand, I'm psyched for the new tour! WOOHOO!!

FMM2
Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Registered

Default What? Fleetwood Mac Is Convoluted?!?

Who knew?

From Billboard:

"Lindsey Buckingham on the upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour, which kicks off Mar. 1 in Pittsburgh: "If I knew what to expect, I would tell you. It's been a little convoluted emotionally. We have some work to do." Only 16 dates have been announced so far, but Buckingham said there would be about 40 in the U.S. As to who might put out a Fleetwood Mac album after the tour, Buckingham said nothing was set in stone, but that "we have a strong relationship with Warner Bros."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/...03919336.story

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMM2 View Post
On the other hand, I'm psyched for the new tour! WOOHOO!!

FMM2
Yeah, the tour and the extra footage we supposedly haven't seen. That's something to be happy about.

Michele
Old 12-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Registered

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!! Can't wait. I bet Stevie does Sisters. : - ) It will be interesting to see what they consider to be hits besides the obvious. I mean can they do an entire 2 hour show with "hits" only? (excluding Chris songs)
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is awseome news. I'm glad the tour is starting in March. The fact that its starting sooner means it will end sooner and in theory means they'll start working on a new album sooner.

I will without question be at the Rochester show, but am also considering maybe trying to be at opening night for the first time in my life and finding a way to be in Pittsburgh.

It's weird my excitment level for this tour has increased a 100 percent with the announcment of the dates.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The lotto-arena in Antwerp awaits you...
Old 12-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a public service, I looked into if there might be a show after Chicago and before Detroit seeing as theres 2 days in betwenn those shows and heres what I dug up:

Milwakuee: bradley center is occupied on the 6th and 7th of March
Indianapolis: same thing for Conseco Fieldhouse
possibilities are Moline, or maybe Green Bay or Madison. just thought I'd let you all know.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, the tour and the extra footage we supposedly haven't seen. That's something to be happy about.

Michele
My guess is that the "unseen" footage will be the backstage Japan footage that mostly already circulating.....

Shel

http://stevienickswelshwitch.tumblr.com/

..so today she says, "Well I've changed my mind." That's a woman's right they say...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Re-releasing something we've bought at least three times over is so over doing it. I am just not a happy camper at the moment as this was not a good time for these tickets to go on sale....right before Christmas, come on, the unfairness of it all. I might not be doing any shows this time around
It just breaks my heart
Thank you for letting me vent

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Too little too late. They should have gone out last year. Instead of going out with a bang these guys will end their touring days with an embarrassing whimper. They're not going to fill arenas at those prices. Not this spring. Not in this economy. Not with nothing new to offer. Rumours rehash #44 ? Only die hards will pay to see these old war horses beating that dead horse.
I agree with you so much on this one
I used to be the die hard that would pay through the nose to see them (at any cost).....life just isn't like that anymore

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless they radically change their set list (and their 10 support players) and surprise us with new songs, cover songs and album tracks never performed before, naming the tour UNLEASHED is so dubious and senseless. Who the hell thought that was the best name?? I suspect not any band member, but one of their great (not-so) marketing/PR people.

FLEETWOOD MAC The Redundant Tour...because we are too lazy to release anything truely new and it's so much easier to make money by just re-unleashing the same thing we've been living off for 30 thirty years.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-04-2008 at 08:34 AM..
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, first I was excited and went into Tour Overdrive mode,plotting my traveling arrangements.
But, the timing does suck. First, I've been ultra-careful this year with Christmas, planning everything so I would have enough money in a MONTH or so to do FM without too much of a burden on the credit cards. That plan flew out the window.
Then, touring in the Northeast during the tail end of the winter-beginning of the spring means bad weather is still a huge possibility. So, I hardly want to buy tickets to somewhere four hours away and then hit a blizzard in one city or another.
And, of course, the whole Rumours thing puts me to sleep. As will the promotion of it, I'm sure. Yada, yada...we can ALL tell these stories in our sleep by now.
So, this morning, I'm definitely having mixed feelings about it. I'm in NY, and will do the two NY dates but doubt I'll do Boston or Washington, DC, which I probably would have done in a second in the LATE spring or summer.
Will it sell for the casual, nostalgic-hungry fan? Probably more, sad to say, than new stuff would.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still don't understand why they don't release a new album first. A huge box set with classics, rarities & unseen footage would also be nice.

But no
Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melacine View Post
My guess is that the "unseen" footage will be the backstage Japan footage that mostly already circulating.....

Shel
I doubt it will be 'rare footage' that noone has not been able to obtain via trades/eBay/torrents/etc.

In the very recent past, I've seen major artists obtain 'rare footage' from hardcore fans to release upon a DVD - and even then the footage is NOT cleaned up and processed for final release...Looks just like a bad VHS to DVD transfer, 'Warts and all'.

So on that front, I am NOT getting my hopes up at all, I will await to after the re-re-re-re-re-release of "Rumours" to hear reviews of this footage before I think about a purchase.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
No kidding. According to the Washington DC Ticketmaster listing, the official name of the tour is "Fleetwood Mac Unleashed: Hits Tour 2009"

I went to 7 shows in 03-04- only one for me this time around. With the ILAA VIP packages, its going to be impossible to get a decent seat for under $500. Say what you want about the fan club, but at least they offered premium tickets (including front row center- I still can't believe that they did that) to fans for what amounted to a ~$50 surcharge.
If I recall, they only offered 2 pairs in the front row per show. Soooo many people go screwed by the fanclub - I know everyone can't get front row, but to pay extra for that package & end up with 8th or 9th row, then find TM seats in the 2nd or 3rd row later? F that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Anyway, it's high time they released "Rumours" again. They ought to be ashamed of themselves, waiting four whole years.
Ba-da-bump, ching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
And it looks like my prediction came true. Seems that the top ticket will be $150 or less, not that that's exactly "Free" but they're smart enough not to charge totally outrageous prices like THe Eagles, Stones ETC.
I still think it's pretty damn outrageous. Am I supposed to be thankful that the prices didn't go up too much from 5 years ago? Well I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
Well, the dates are interfering with the Britney tour.

Of course they would start in Pittsburgh, since I've moved from there. I'll probably see them at MSG and maybe Jersey.....since I do live in NYC now. woot.
You whore! Since when?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
^The more I visit this site, the more I miss the memories I've made with Ledgies. It all seems so long ago....

Will 2009 be the Ledgie Reunion Tour?
Only if you wear the pink hoodie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Those prices are not out of line with the market. However, the market likely will be worse by next March. Concerts are things that can get cut. They likely may have to cut those top level ones to $125 or less. But, correct me if I am wrong, but they are cheaper than the highest priced ones on the SYW tour, which I think were $180 to $200.
Where were they $200 for SYW? Top price I recall was $150 for the A.C. show - were NYC or LA higher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Too little too late. They should have gone out last year. Instead of going out with a bang these guys will end their touring days with an embarrassing whimper. They're not going to fill arenas at those prices. Not this spring. Not in this economy. Not with nothing new to offer. Rumours rehash #44 ? Only die hards will pay to see these old war horses beating that dead horse.
Don't apologize. You're not alone in thinking that way. They ****ed up by dragging the SYW tour on waaaaaaayyyy too long & not being able to pull together an anniversary tour in '07 because it would have been too soon. HUGE opportunity that was missed, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!! Can't wait. I bet Stevie does Sisters. : - ) It will be interesting to see what they consider to be hits besides the obvious. I mean can they do an entire 2 hour show with "hits" only? (excluding Chris songs)
If she does SOTM, I will go to a show for sure. If not, I will have to think about it. Seriously. This from the girl that made it to 5 shows for SYW, and 4 Stevie shows in '05 including Vegas. I just can't do it anymore - I don't have the desire, or the time, or the money. They need to make it worth my while, and I've been disappointed too many times not to be gunshy this time around.

Last edited by skcin; 12-04-2008 at 11:26 AM..