The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Have people in audience been yelling for Lindsey?

Have people done this at any of the shows?

They won’t be close to my city until February, so I have a few months to decide if I want to see them. If I do, and I get good seats, I plan on yelling “Lindsey Buckingham!” right in the middle of Stevie’s Landslide speech.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Not that I’ve heard. Crowds seem to be enjoying the show.

Quote:
They won’t be close to my city until February, so I have a few months to decide if I want to see them. If I do, and I get good seats, I plan on yelling “Lindsey Buckingham!” right in the middle of Stevie’s Landslide speech.
So, you’re contemplating spending hundreds of dollars on a Fleetwood Mac ticket to get remotely within earshot so that you can momentarily annoy Stevie? That’s so cruel. I’m sure her feelings will be hurt.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope. And I have seen multiple shows.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I plan on yelling “Lindsey Buckingham!” right in the middle of Stevie’s Landslide speech.
I relate to the sentiment, but keep in mind the show is not about you and your grievances, which would be better expressed by boycotting the show.

Interrupting the performance, even during a spoken intro, would also be rude to the rest of the audience.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I relate to the sentiment, but keep in mind the show is not about you and your grievances, which would be better expressed by boycotting the show.

Interrupting the performance, even during a spoken intro, would also be rude to the rest of the audience.

Just my two cents.
^Agree.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would think most hardcore LB fans are just boycotting. I’d wager 30% of the crowd is pro Stevie, 20% don’t don’t even know who LB is (or probably John for that matter), and 50% are just there for the jukebox and wouldn’t care less if they replaced Neil and Mike tomorrow with Don Felder and and Mike Love.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm very comfortable with not going to Wembley, just like I'm glad I didn't make the trip to see the last time they played there also sans Buckingham, 28 years ago. My heart wouldn't be in it, but ultimately I wouldn't want to spoil the evening for anyone around me by acting as crassly as the four of them, to different degrees, appear to have done. What would be the point? The band have pretty much seen to that. They've got a right to ply their trade, I'll give them that, but this emptor has his own caveats.

And yeah, I would probably not be able to stop some smart-alec comment pass my lips during Mick's "be so very kind to each other" speech. So even in the event of my being offered a free ticket, I will pass. I wouldn't want that to be my final live experience of this band.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I would think most hardcore LB fans are just boycotting. I’d wager 30% of the crowd is pro Stevie, 20% don’t don’t even know who LB is (or probably John for that matter), and 50% are just there for the jukebox and wouldn’t care less if they replaced Neil and Mike tomorrow with Don Felder and and Mike Love.
I guess those of us who know the band’s history and/or aren’t married to the Rumours lineup don’t count. You’re either Team Lindsey, Team Stevie, or Team Apathetic/Ignorant?

What a load of crap.

There’s a reason why the 2014-15 tour was more successful than the 2013 tour. If it’s all been Lindsey, Stevie, apathy, or ignorance, how was that possible?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
So even in the event of my being offered a free ticket, I will pass. I wouldn't want that to be my final live experience of this band.
I'm VERY thankful that I was given the gift of BuckVie, and that my last two "Fleetwood Mac" shows were Lindsey and Christine.

For me, it was the ultimate way to go out.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm VERY thankful that I was given the gift of BuckVie, and that my last two "Fleetwood Mac" shows were Lindsey and Christine.

For me, it was the ultimate way to go out.

I loved the album and loved the concert but Nicks on the that collection of music would have been the ultimate way to go out......IMO.😎
Old 12-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of you guys are a sad bunch

Is life so poor that you have to act like this?
Old 12-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I guess those of us who know the band’s history and/or aren’t married to the Rumours lineup don’t count. You’re either Team Lindsey, Team Stevie, or Team Apathetic/Ignorant?

What a load of crap.
He didn't say the latter 50% were just apathetic or ignorant. He said they wouldn't care if the new guys were replaced with Felder and Mike Love. That accurately describes you, doesn't it? You'd just call it one more line up change in their illustrious history and get "on with the show." Thus, you were included. You, and those like you, are part of the group that doesn't care who's in the band.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-07-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Old 12-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
He said they wouldn't care if the new guys were replaced with Felder and Mike Love. That accurately describes you, doesn't it?
No, not really.

I’m a fan of Mick, John, and Christine and would probably catch a show and buy any new music from them. While I wouldn’t question the legitimacy of it being an official new lineup, I also wouldn’t see the merit of bringing in creative dead weight whose relevancy to Fleetwood Mac is questionable at best. My biggest fear was that they’d get some talent show contestant like Harry Styles.

Mike and Neil have iconic pedigrees and have maintained vibrant careers as songwriters, recording artists, producers, and performers. More importantly, both have connections to Fleetwood Mac, with Mike having co-written a Fleetwood Mac song and appearing on all of Stevie’s solo albums and with Neil having worked with Mick. If there is new music going forward, having someone like Neil, who has been in bands with multiple singer-songwriters as well having been the creative driving force in his own band, will be greatly beneficial to Fleetwood Mac.

If they had to make a change, and they apparently felt they did, they would have been hard pressed to find better or more credible talents to bring in. I was surprised the daringness of their choices. They could have done worse, but I don’t think they could have done better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No, not really.

I’m a fan of Mick, John, and Christine and would probably catch a show and buy any new music from them. While I wouldn’t question the legitimacy of it being an official new lineup, I also wouldn’t see the merit of bringing in creative dead weight whose relevancy to Fleetwood Mac is questionable at best. My biggest fear was that they’d get some talent show contestant like Harry Styles.

Mike and Neil have iconic pedigrees and have maintained vibrant careers as songwriters, recording artists, producers, and performers. More importantly, both have connections to Fleetwood Mac, with Mike having co-written a Fleetwood Mac song and appearing on all of Stevie’s solo albums and with Neil having worked with Mick. If there is new music going forward, having someone like Neil, who has been in bands with multiple singer-songwriters as well having been the creative driving force in his own band, will be greatly beneficial to Fleetwood Mac.

If they had to make a change, and they apparently felt they did, they would have been hard pressed to find better or more credible talents to bring in. I was surprised the daringness of their choices. They could have done worse, but I don’t think they could have done better.
High praise! Well, then, fair enough.

Regarding the original topic - don't waste money just to shout for Lindsey, wdm6789. The most effective protest is an empty seat.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-07-2018 at 06:59 PM..