The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't like Kristen at all. I think she's a very normal girl, no mystery, no passionate temper, very standard hollywood look (blonde hair, surgery undergone cheekbones and who knows what else...) and the typical interior decorator thing. I don't know in the USA, but in Barcelona, all the posh women who have nothing to do with their lives become interior decorator, or open a restaurant for their friends (which really pisses off real interior decorator and restaurateur). I mean, she isn't special at all, for me.
Cheri had something, a strange beauty; Carol Ann had that innocent pose and Stevie...well, she's Stevie.

Nevertheless, they are perfect for each other. THAT is what Lindsey needed, and Stevie has stated many times, as well as this idea appears in a thousand of paragraphs in CAH's book. He needed a wife, a classic one (and it comes to my mind the genuine 50's housewife), with a nice appearence, loving, caring, with no star-stream ambitions, somebody who understands him and will be waiting when he comes back home.

So, despite my opinion, I am glad Lindsey and Kristen are happy like that. I could never be happy with somebody who wants me to be this kind of wife, but I suppose money can mend a lot of things.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinnette View Post

Nevertheless, they are perfect for each other. THAT is what Lindsey needed, and Stevie has stated many times, as well as this idea appears in a thousand of paragraphs in CAH's book. He needed a wife, a classic one (and it comes to my mind the genuine 50's housewife), with a nice appearence, loving, caring, with no star-stream ambitions, somebody who understands him and will be waiting when he comes back home.

. . . I am glad Lindsey and Kristen are happy.

What you did not need
Was a woman that was stronger
Well, you needed someone
To depend on you
I could not be her..baby
I didn't not want to
But my first mistake was to smile
-Stevie Nicks, Smile At You
Old 03-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Bingo.

It's fascinating, because it basically set off everything that happened with Lindsey's solo career from '98-'01ish. It created all sorts of discord, and directly contributed to the protracted delay for the album then known as "Gift Of Screws".

After Howie Klein- a huge ally of Lindsey's- left Reprise, David Kahne and Briggs stonewalled Lindsey, making unreasonable requirements/concessions to get the album out (ex. Sarah McLachlan on "Twist of Fate"). The label lost a ton of money promoting the abortion known as "Out Of The Cradle", and they weren't going to do a similar promotional roll out unless Lindsey played ball.

Of course, Lindsey opted to ride it out, and write songs about the experience (ex. "What's The World Coming To"). Kahne responded by dropping him and Fleetwood Mac from the label. They only chose WBR to release "Say You Will" because Kahne was long gone by this point, replaced with the much more artist-friendly Tom Whalley.

Exactly. For all we know, the credit for Kristen was probably added by a Lindsey fan who jumped to the same conclusions.

Damn straight!
So Lindsey got involved with Kristen when she already had a boyfriend/husband? If that is true I have lost all respect for him.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
So Lindsey got involved with Kristen when she already had a boyfriend/husband? If that is true I have lost all respect for him.

Why lose respect because he got involved with a married actress?

Wouldn't it depend on what involved means?

I'm sure he hired her because of her husband's ties to the record company.

Her sparse acting resume was certainly a plus.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Why lose respect because he got involved with a married actress?

Wouldn't it depend on what involved means?

I'm sure he hired her because of her husband's ties to the record company.

Her sparse acting resume was certainly a plus.
You mean the whole conspiracy thing? Some people claim that K is still married to Gary Briggs.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered

Quote:
Lindsey said in some interview (trying to remember where) that she was coming out of a unhappy relationship (I'm paraphrasing here). As for the exact events/precise timeline, who knows. Kristen did dump Gary for Lindsey, though.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WTH is all this about??!! I am totally confused and a little curious...so Kristen was married to two other men prior to Lindsey, and Lindsey started seeing her when she was still married to one of them? How do you all know all this? Kristen has been in only 1 film, photographed 1 person aside from her husband, and interior designed the two houses that she's lived in with her family. I have longer credits on my resume. Yet, she somehow has this clandestine life everyone knows about...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Lindsey said in some interview (trying to remember where) that she was coming out of a unhappy relationship (I'm paraphrasing here). As for the exact events/precise timeline, who knows. Kristen did dump Gary for Lindsey, though.
I guess Lindsey had more money. He is now telling a different story about how they met and went out for coffee.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All of this is definitely interesting, especially if a former marriage and her relationship with Lindsey effectively delayed the release of Gift Of Screws, but the constant snide comments about her, not just in this thread but since she essentially came on the scene, comes across as bitter to me. I'm not saying she's a nice person, because evidence would indicate that she's not, but I don't know her at all apart from complete hearsay, and like marinnette and Luke have said, Lindsey is certainly no saint and he appears to like his women a certain way. But that is as much a reflection on his lack of character as it is on her's. At the end of the day the reason most of us are here on this board is because of his music and in that respect Kristen has been a boon:a good thing.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't everybody in Fleetwood Mac date someone who was married or hooked up at one time or another?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
All of this is definitely interesting, especially if a former marriage and her relationship with Lindsey effectively delayed the release of Gift Of Screws.
Yeah, I'd like to know more details on this and the Warner Brothers deal with FM...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Didn't everybody in Fleetwood Mac date someone who was married or hooked up at one time or another?
Carol said she was living with some guy when she and Lindsey got together. According to her, she went over to Lindsey's place directly after telling the other guy it was over and leaving their home. And she said he was dating someone too, but he claimed that after meeting her, he just couldn't bring himself to sleep with the other woman again.

Let's check our Hester Prynne meter:

Christine? Check.

Mick? Double check.

Stevie? Off the charts.

Now, let's see about John? Hmm. Don't know. No evidence he took Julie or Christine from other men. However, Carol says he was unfaithful to Julie.

Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, my dad hooked up with my mom when she was engaged to marry another man...s*^t happens. It's probably not the most commendable thing, but I can't really say, "Daddy, I haven't got much respect for you anymore" because, though it was a skeazy thing to do, my father has always been loving, faithful, and wonderful to my mother. And the BEST father in the world.

But I'm not digging on anyone regarding this matter either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has different moral standards, so it's really just a matter of what is relevant to your appreciation of an artist I guess.

There's drama everywhere. I think the point, really, is that no matter how they met Kristen and Lindsey are still together and appear happy and stable. She may not be the nicest person, or she could be, but none of us know or probably ever will know her personally. I really love Lindsey's productivity...and their children are adorable, so good on them.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 03-15-2009 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Let's check our Hester Prynne meter:

Christine? Check.

Mick? Double check.

Stevie? Off the charts.

Now, let's see about John? Hmm. Don't know. No evidence he took Julie or Christine from other men. However, Carol says he was unfaithful to Julie.

Michele

hahahhaahha hester prynne...she'd understand it perfectly. no one can resist lindsey buckingham, neither gary oldman.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
WTH is all this about??!! I am totally confused and a little curious...so Kristen was married to two other men prior to Lindsey, and Lindsey started seeing her when she was still married to one of them? How do you all know all this? Kristen has been in only 1 film, photographed 1 person aside from her husband, and interior designed the two houses that she's lived in with her family. I have longer credits on my resume. Yet, she somehow has this clandestine life everyone knows about...

Yea, I don't know about two husbands and all that stuff, but it wouldn't matter anyway. The fact she dated someone before Lindsey shouldn't be a shock to anyone.....she is a very pretty girl.

Like I said earlier.....I just find her whole career history to be interesting. Tis all. I mean a professional photographer with one photo credit.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey