Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Unlike most, I have never sought approval from the masses. Never.

Oh Daddy is sleepy. It's the Klonopin of Rumours. There, I said it.

Lastly, I don't eat beets.
Mystified is not sleepy? It literally mystifies me to sleep. Its like a lullaby and no BEAT.

I don't hate it but it's like many meh Tango songs. Oh Daddy is one of the best musical tracks the band has ever made. Period! Its beyond brilliant and showcases all of the musicians at their best especially the Chris/Lindsey dynamic how they play around each other. Probably my all time favorite Christine keyboard playing and I always love Lindsey on acoustic and electric guitar.

Welcome to the mystification of Homer. When you hang up that phone. You cease to exist.

Listen to this masterpiece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfc3y0G511Y

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2020 at 06:55 AM..
Old 12-09-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Just try living without me.

But I can't understand how you can call Temporary One a dud when it's so much friggin' fun--and yet the three songs in the middle of side two from her solo album are blahhhhhhhh (largely because she didn't write them).
Fine, the bridge between us is a temporary one. Because we'll always have ITM.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
1. Btlh
2. Sg
3. To
4. Mld
I plead ignorance.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Fine, the bridge between us is a temporary one. Because we'll always have ITM.
Our carnival has only begun to begin.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Our carnival has only begun to begin.
I'm just a kiss away, from where you don't know.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But let’s be realistic. If you are musically inclined and play an instrument, maybe the music is all that matters to you. But for the rest of us, lyrics have a great influence. They can change the way you feel about a song. And unless you’re interpreting the lyrics, phrasing and intonation in the vocals mean nothing. So if you don’t like the lyrics in Oh Daddy or Sugar Daddy, that’s going to color your interpretation of the songs.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I plead ignorance.
For some reason, it switched case. Order of the new songs from The Dance.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Mystified over Oh Daddy is mind boggling. They’re not even in the same world at all. Oh Daddy is incredible. Mystified is a boring dud right up there with it’s mate When I See You Again.
I was with you until the last bit. WISYA is better in all its train-wreckness in conveying real desperation at being left alone than Mystified is about.....what IS Mystified about? I fall asleep before I find out
Old 12-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I was with you until the last bit. WISYA is better in all its train-wreckness in conveying real desperation at being left alone than Mystified is about.....what IS Mystified about? I fall asleep before I find out

The feeling is DEEP inside

Perhaps Homer can tell us
Old 12-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All you guys are pissin me off. I love “Mystified” because it feels so delicate but still strong deep inside. Lindsey and Christine made world music the Tango foundation. A lot of these songs use what they call the pentatonic scale, “Mystified” included. That fact in and of itself means nothing except an obscure curiosity, but these five-tone scales in use all over the album tie everything together aurally and give everything an emotional something or other by transporting us to exotic locales and faraway romantic lands, where lovers cavort and intercourse, their bodies entwining liked the famed coiled cobras of Sumatra. On some tracks, you hear Middle Eastern exoticism (“Caroline,” “Frozen”), and on some others, the Far East (“Seven Wonders,” “Tango in the Night,” “Little Lies,” “Mystified”). It’s a giant canvas of world sound, a music landscape of exotic color, and a whole lot of drum machinery and Yamaha DX-7. “Mystified” fan here, so screw y’all.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The feeling is DEEP inside

Perhaps Homer can tell us
You know. Don't make me say it.

Hey, it's Christine's beautiful voice singing. Idgaf what the lyrics are. (See Sugar Daddy)
Old 12-09-2020, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see the boring in Brown Eyes and Warm Ways, but I think Mystified is a fine song. The layered vocals, the haunting whispers, discretely capturing attention, from behind dark corners.

I will say that the title always makes me think of Hypnotized. If we try, I bet we could create our own Mandela effect and get all the world to think that Fleetwood Mac has a song called Mesmerized.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
For some reason, it switched case. Order of the new songs from The Dance.
Aha! I should have seen that.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:51 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
All you guys are pissin me off. I love “Mystified” because it feels so delicate but still strong deep inside. Lindsey and Christine made world music the Tango foundation. A lot of these songs use what they call the pentatonic scale, “Mystified” included. That fact in and of itself means nothing except an obscure curiosity, but these five-tone scales in use all over the album tie everything together aurally and give everything an emotional something or other by transporting us to exotic locales and faraway romantic lands, where lovers cavort and intercourse, their bodies entwining liked the famed coiled cobras of Sumatra. On some tracks, you hear Middle Eastern exoticism (“Caroline,” “Frozen”), and on some others, the Far East (“Seven Wonders,” “Tango in the Night,” “Little Lies,” “Mystified”). It’s a giant canvas of world sound, a music landscape of exotic color, and a whole lot of drum machinery and Yamaha DX-7. “Mystified” fan here, so screw y’all.
As emotional as this post is, it's lucid and I connect to your point of view in a childish and innocent way. Even Family Man gave me a reach to some Latin guitar. The feel of You And I both I and II have a world and mystical sort of feel. I was so young when I stared into the album cover and put this record on. Mystified was just a brilliant segue into Side 2. It felt like a wonderful interlude.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To return briefly to the original thread question regarding which of the SN-LB duo would have brought them greater success if we could only select one—well, I’d like to reinvent the fantasy.

What would FM have gone on to sound like if they hired an entirely different axe man who could play, write, and sing? What kind of musician could have complemented the core trio and made music that hung together with Christine’s? It would have been a tall order—because they couldn’t afford another Bob Welch (good as he was). They’d need an energetic singer with some range. But they’d also need that person to play kick-ass guitar. Was such a person available, or were they always going to need two people to fill that bill?