User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
*hisses angrily* First, you come in here with a fake setlist, then you tell us that Stevie sucks. That is not a good way to start it off, IMO.

For instance: (I am most certainly not pick on you, it's just an example!) Carrie was picking on Stevie last night on the setlist topic. But she has over 10,000 posts. When you have 10,000 posts, you can bitch about Stevie as much as you want. But one of the first things you post here shouldn't be bashing the woman half of the people on this board are obcessed with.

I'm very unimpressed.
I honestly couldn't care less that you feel I need to have thousands of posts on here to justify my own opinions or to feel worthy enough to share my feelings about the performance I saw last night. I have been a Stevie/Mac fan for over 25 years and I have seen every single tour (including solo tours) up until this point. I have been to pretty much every opening night show as well and yes, I have seen Stevie nervous during those performances. However, this was a completely different story. She was simply unprofessional last night and could not even muster 10% of the energy level that the rest of the band put forth. She forgot the words to most of the songs (including Rhiannon & Dreams which she has now performed 1000s of times in her career). She kept playing with her ear pieces the whole night and kept talking to the guys handling the sound. This was of course not the first time I have seen her do such things over the years. But not to this extent. At one point Lindsey was about to start singing one of his songs (can't remember which one right now) and she was still mouthing something to someone toward the side of the stage. Sorry, but that is unprofessional. It was a distraction and quite annoying, I must say. Weak vocals throughout (with the exception of certain parts of "Sara", "Storms", and the very ending of "Silver Springs" when she shouted "never get away, never get away, never get away"). The rest of her performance however was a mess. Again, she didn't seem nervous at all. If anything, she seemed quite relaxed. Maybe she was heavily medicated, who knows. But if it's an opening night show in a semi-major market, you better bring your "A" game, and she sure didn't. She didn't dance, she hardly played the tambourine, she forgot the words to almost every song, she constantly missed her cues, her eyes were shut for more than half of each song, she kept mouthing stuff to the sound guys, she kept playing with her ear pieces, and yet still managed to smile throughout. How precious.

Anyway, I don't want this to come across as if I'm picking on Stevie because of her age. I am not at all. If she's having a problem moving around on stage, I would have no problem with her standing at the microphone the entire night and REALLY singing out her songs. But she couldn't even do that either. She lacked passion, focus, and enthusiasm. She was clearly out of pace with the rest of the band and honestly, they deserved much better than that. Lindsey's performance was excellent. Sure, his vocals weren't exactly perfect either, but at least he belted them out with passion and energy and played his butt off on the guitar. I would expect nothing less from him and he certainly delivered. Same for John and Mick. All three of them are professional musicians and they performed beautifully. They were all "in the moment", except unfortunately for their front woman who was clearly on some other planet.

Last edited by TheScoop; 03-02-2009 at 10:34 PM..
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Yeah, you're legal.

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. I didn't mean to be prejudice against people who have a small amount of posts. (I fall into that category myself!) What I was trying to say that if you barge into this forum, throw a fake setlist at me, then bash my idol, you're not going to be very popular with me.
That is an issue with this site. Because certain people have high posts you have to kiss their ass... I could care less if they like me or my opinion. That's the great thing about the ignore feature! People like that should be put away, in a place, away from other normal people. KILLJOYS! And this picking on other people being allowed becuase you have, "over 10,000" posts is ridiculous. It is up to us to just ignore it. I put three on my ignore list last night, and so happy I did.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
I honestly couldn't care less that you feel I need to have thousands of posts on here to justify my own opinions or to feel worthy enough to share my feelings about the performance I saw last night. I have been a Stevie/Mac fan for over 25 years and I have seen every single tour (including solo tours) up until this point. I have been to pretty much every opening night show as well and yes, I have seen Stevie nervous during those performances. However, this was a completely different story. She was simply unprofessional last night and could not even muster 10% of the energy level that the rest of the band put forth. She forgot the words to most of the songs (including Rhiannon & Dreams which she has now performed 1000s of times in her career). She kept playing with her ear pieces the whole night and kept talking to the guys handling the sound. This was of course not the first time I have seen her do such things over the years. But not to this extent. At one point Lindsey was about to start singing one of his songs (can't remember which one right now) and she was still mouthing something to someone toward the side of the stage. Sorry, but that is unprofessional. It was a distraction and quite annoying, I must say. Weak vocals throughout (with the exception of certain parts of "Sara", "Storms", and the very ending of "Silver Springs" when she shouted "never get away, never get away, never get away"). The rest of her performance was a mess. Again, she didn't seem nervous at all. If anything, she seemed quite relaxed. Maybe she was heavily medicated, who knows. But if it's an opening night show in a semi-major market, you better bring your "A" game, and she sure didn't. She didn't dance, she hardly played the tambourine, she forgot the words to almost every song, she constantly missed her cues, her eyes were shut for more than half of each song, she kept mouthing stuff to the sound guys, she kept playing with her ear pieces, and yet still she managed to smile throughout. How precious.

Anyway, I don't want this to come across as if I'm picking on Stevie because of her age. I am not at all. If she's having a problem moving around on stage, I would have no problem with her standing at the microphone the entire night and REALLY singing out her songs. But she couldn't even do that either. She lacked passion, focus, and enthusiasm. She was clearly out of pace with the rest of the band and honestly, they deserved much better than that. Lindsey's performance was excellent. Sure, his vocals weren't exactly perfect either, but at least he belted them out with passion and ebergy and played his butt off on the guitar. I would expect nothing less from him and he certainly delivered. Same for John and Mick. All three of them are professional musicians and they performed beautifully. They were all "in the moment", except unfortunately for their front woman who was clearly on some other planet.
That's one opinion, which you are most certainly entitled to. But man, I've read so many other comments of folks who attended the show last night, and said just the opposite. Even the press gave the WHOLE BAND rave reviews. It's funny how some people can go to the same show and see things so differently.

I thought Stevie's Soundstage was exceptionally good. I can also testify that the performances on her last two solo tours were inspiring and totally enjoyable, to me. Stevie Nicks will leave that stage when she's damn well ready to. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=jwd;801911]
I thought Stevie's Soundstage was exceptionally good. I can also testify that the performances on her last two solo tours were inspiring and totally enjoyable, to me. Stevie Nicks will leave that stage when she's damn well ready to. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon![/QUOTE]

Amen!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I honestly couldn't care less that you feel I need to have thousands of posts on here to justify my own opinions or to feel worthy enough to share my feelings about the performance I saw last night. I have been a Stevie/Mac fan for over 25 years and I have seen every single tour (including solo tours) up until this point. I have been to pretty much every opening night show as well and yes, I have seen Stevie nervous during those performances. However, this was a completely different story. She was simply unprofessional last night and could not even muster 10% of the energy level that the rest of the band put forth. She forgot the words to most of the songs (including Rhiannon & Dreams which she has now performed 1000s of times in her career). She kept playing with her ear pieces the whole night and kept talking to the guys handling the sound. This was of course not the first time I have seen her do such things over the years. But not to this extent. At one point Lindsey was about to start singing one of his songs (can't remember which one right now) and she was still mouthing something to someone toward the side of the stage. Sorry, but that is unprofessional. It was a distraction and quite annoying, I must say. Weak vocals throughout (with the exception of certain parts of "Sara", "Storms", and the very ending of "Silver Springs" when she shouted "never get away, never get away, never get away"). The rest of her performance however was a mess. Again, she didn't seem nervous at all. If anything, she seemed quite relaxed. Maybe she was heavily medicated, who knows. But if it's an opening night show in a semi-major market, you better bring your "A" game, and she sure didn't. She didn't dance, she hardly played the tambourine, she forgot the words to almost every song, she constantly missed her cues, her eyes were shut for more than half of each song, she kept mouthing stuff to the sound guys, she kept playing with her ear pieces, and yet still managed to smile throughout. How precious.

Anyway, I don't want this to come across as if I'm picking on Stevie because of her age. I am not at all. If she's having a problem moving around on stage, I would have no problem with her standing at the microphone the entire night and REALLY singing out her songs. But she couldn't even do that either. She lacked passion, focus, and enthusiasm. She was clearly out of pace with the rest of the band and honestly, they deserved much better than that. Lindsey's performance was excellent. Sure, his vocals weren't exactly perfect either, but at least he belted them out with passion and energy and played his butt off on the guitar. I would expect nothing less from him and he certainly delivered. Same for John and Mick. All three of them are professional musicians and they performed beautifully. They were all "in the moment", except unfortunately for their front woman who was clearly on some other planet.
Dude, it's opening night. You make it sound like the sound/mic problems are her fault.

However, who knows about the meds thing. KLONOPIN'S BACK!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

So, once again:

Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
ElusiveDreamer
This message has been deleted by ElusiveDreamer. Reason: duplicate
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll be the first to say, that an (obviously) bogus setlist, and bombastic claims made this guy pretty weak in the "esteem" department. But I do have to say that Stevie was a tad weak last night. The lack of effort in Landslide (how CAN you almost miss a cue when it's just you and the guitarist?), the Dreams almost putting me to sleep, etc. But all that's perfectly normal for an opening night...I guess. Just because LB is on the top of his game doesnt mean Stevie's slumming it. I'm sure she'll hit her stride in the next couple shows.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Ledgie

I seem to recall reading in a couple interviews somewhere with Stevie commenting she's now more reserved when performing with FM than when she's performing solo. And if there is a back-story to any drama going on it's possible we'll hear about it when the tour is all over ala SYW tour. I saw a picture on another thread from a Flickr spread where Stevie's standing in the shadows with a lovely smile and that smile looks real to me. I'm not sure at what point of the show that picture was taken and I'm willing to remain looking forward to seeing them perform when they're in my neck of the woods. I just hope these entertainers pace themselves and keep their health/energy rockin so they can maybe extend the tour to our friends overseas who I've heard truly want to see them again also.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
I'll be the first to say, that an (obviously) bogus setlist, and bombastic claims made this guy pretty weak in the "esteem" department. But I do have to say that Stevie was a tad weak last night. The lack of effort in Landslide (how CAN you almost miss a cue when it's just you and the guitarist?), the Dreams almost putting me to sleep, etc. But all that's perfectly normal for an opening night...I guess. Just because LB is on the top of his game doesnt mean Stevie's slumming it. I'm sure she'll hit her stride in the next couple shows.
You miss a cue when you're so overwhelmed by the audience's reaction that you lose your place.
I thought it was so endearing.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why are there so many audio problems? There's a sound crew whose job is to make sure everything goes smoothly night after night. Problems occur from time to time to everyone, but is it my imagination or are there far more problems affecting Fleetwood Mac every year they go out?

And that in-ear monitor business Stevie is hooked up to is insane. In all the Mac & solo videos recently, she is constantly fiddling with it. I saw Mac in Anaheim in 2003 & she was fiddling with the damn thing much of the night. She was fiddling with it here in 2001 on her solo tour, too. What on earth is up with it? Obviously, the dumb thing doesn't work well, or doesn't fit her ear well, or something. It's like watching a teenager play with her cell phone in the mall. It's ridiculous for Nicks to be onstage performing & reaching for the device on her hip 300 times a night (unless that's how it's designed to be used?).

Could the problem be with her & not the device? Is she losing her hearing? It's not unheard of for rock stars to lose their hearing in old age.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
She made the boks look a little better in 2005, when she added the leg warmers..it didn't make them stand out so much like big bricks (like they did on the TISL tour)
I didn't get to see Stevie on the '05 tour, and when I saw her in '06 she wore boots. It definitely sounds like that would make them look better. Does anyone have a good pic?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveDreamer View Post
I seem to recall reading in a couple interviews somewhere with Stevie commenting she's now more reserved when performing with FM than when she's performing solo.
I do think she does some of it on purpose, in order to let the talent of the others shine through. I think she may be wanting to do whatever is within her power to deter the press and public from focusing on her 'celebrity' more than the band at this point. Even though it's not her fault, it's the way things are, and I'm sure it has hurt Lindsey. Perhaps it is something they have discussed openly now that they're older.

And in regards to the reported lack of passionate interaction with Lindsey, I'm wondering if she is starting to feel, within herself, that there is a respect issue now that Lindsey is married with kids. Especially now that the kids are getting older. What should LB say to Will if he comes offstage and says, "Daddy, how come you look at Stevie the same way you look at Mommy?". Maybe some parents can weigh in, since I don't have kids of my own.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
You miss a cue when you're so overwhelmed by the audience's reaction that you lose your place.
I thought it was so endearing.
You don't want to be sooooooo 'professional' in rock 'n' roll that you lose emotional and spontaneous moments like this!!! That's what it's all about.......
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why are there so many audio problems? There's a sound crew whose job is to make sure everything goes smoothly night after night. Problems occur from time to time to everyone, but is it my imagination or are there far more problems affecting Fleetwood Mac every year they go out?

And that in-ear monitor business Stevie is hooked up to is insane. In all the Mac & solo videos recently, she is constantly fiddling with it. I saw Mac in Anaheim in 2003 & she was fiddling with the damn thing much of the night. She was fiddling with it here in 2001 on her solo tour, too. What on earth is up with it? Obviously, the dumb thing doesn't work well, or doesn't fit her ear well, or something. It's like watching a teenager play with her cell phone in the mall. It's ridiculous for Nicks to be onstage performing & reaching for the device on her hip 300 times a night (unless that's how it's designed to be used?).

Could the problem be with her & not the device? Is she losing her hearing? It's not unheard of for rock stars to lose their hearing in old age.
It was ridiculous how many times she played with that ear piece last night. I agree that in general she fiddles with it too much, but she took it to a whole new level last night. At least if you need to adjust it here and there, be subtle about it. Don't adjust it between choruses for god's sake. No one enjoys seeing that sort of thing. It takes away from the whole performance aspect. It makes the whole thing seem all the more like a job/chore instead of what it's supposed to be.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
It was ridiculous how many times she played with that ear piece last night. I agree that in general she fiddles with it too much, but she took it to a whole new level last night. At least if you need to adjust it here and there, be subtle about it. Don't adjust it between choruses for god's sake. No one enjoys seeing that sort of thing. It takes away from the whole performance aspect. It makes the whole thing seem all the more like a job/chore instead of what it's supposed to be.
So you are upset cause she didn't sound good and you are upset because she tried to fix it?