The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

amazon just sent notice that shipment of the soundstand dvd is delayed until NOV 9! im not a happycamper
Old 09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
amazon just sent notice that shipment of the soundstand dvd is delayed until NOV 9! im not a happycamper
wow! that sucks. i guess i will be recieving a letter too soon.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
I ordered mine from PBS. We will see if mine is delayed, too.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was flipping through the channels Thursday night and this came on. It was in the middle of Go Insane so I missed a couple of songs. Of course I started taping. I did like it a lot except for most of the songs there was no drumming. I know this show was to show his talents and works but I do like his songs with some drums in them. LIke Peacekeeper was the same as it was played on the SYW tour minus the drums. I liked NGBA a lot and Down on Rodeo. I was so happy at the response that Red Rover got. Go Your Own way was cool because he actually sang it nicely unlike most SYW tour boots of it. Overall I thought it was great. I wish I could have seen Steal Your Heart Away though. I am still hoping to see Miranda live!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The songs sounded rather mehish sometimes. Red Rover and Murrow sounded great, though. I noticed he took some parts of the I'm So Afraid solo and put them in the Murrow solo. The best improvement of the night was the drumming on Go Your Own Way. That very end part of the solo where they added the new drumming sounded awesome.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
I was flipping through the channels Thursday night and this came on. It was in the middle of Go Insane so I missed a couple of songs. Of course I started taping. I did like it a lot except for most of the songs there was no drumming. I know this show was to show his talents and works but I do like his songs with some drums in them.
For some reason, he seems to like a pared-down kit or sound, like what he toured with in 1992/93. He's always said he loved playing music with Mick, who plays very simply but with great groove.

I'm really sorry -- well, not really sorry but slightly sorry -- that Mick & Lindsey didn't carry through on their plans to tour back in '99 or 2000. I've always wanted to hear Mick play more on Lindsey's solo material onstage.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
For some reason, he seems to like a pared-down kit or sound, like what he toured with in 1992/93. He's always said he loved playing music with Mick, who plays very simply but with great groove.

I'm really sorry -- well, not really sorry but slightly sorry -- that Mick & Lindsey didn't carry through on their plans to tour back in '99 or 2000. I've always wanted to hear Mick play more on Lindsey's solo material onstage.
If you want the whole groove, add John... it's not the first time that I say this, but he's highly underrated And I'm still looking for proof that LB said on a certain website "you don't tell John what to play"

But Mick IS a nice drummer, I must say
Old 10-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Me too but not slightly. i'm still convinced that if he'd recorded his solomaterial with a good rythmsection or played it live with them, his work would have reached more people and would have better stood the test of time.

I'll kill for a threepiece-fullblownrockshow with John and Mick presenting alot of GOS-material.