User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

Ask yourself how you would look in that situation. Have you ever had your picture taken went you weren't expecting it and didn't want it?

Gail
Well, for one thing, I would not go out of the house looking that unassembled. I would have perhaps worn darker sunglasses, worn a hat, put on a scarf, etc. And if I had ears like that I would have had them covered up!

Nevertheless, if I saw someone surreptitiously trying to take my picture when I'm in that state, I would lift my chin, turn my head so my good side faces the camera and at least attempt a half-smile- just try to make the best of a bad situation. But then again, if I had Christine's money, I would pay someone to walk the dogs so I wouldn't have to bother with the nuisance of rolling out of bed at the ass-crack of dawn every morning.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
And if I had ears like that I would have had them covered up!
Ouch. That one hurt personally. I've been avoiding this thread since the argument about Christine's personal business started but ear jibes hurt.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, for one thing, I would not go out of the house looking that unassembled. I would have perhaps worn darker sunglasses, worn a hat, put on a scarf, etc. And if I had ears like that I would have had them covered up!

Nevertheless, if I saw someone surreptitiously trying to take my picture when I'm in that state, I would lift my chin, turn my head so my good side faces the camera and at least attempt a half-smile- just try to make the best of a bad situation. But then again, if I had Christine's money, I would pay someone to walk the dogs so I wouldn't have to bother with the nuisance of rolling out of bed at the ass-crack of dawn every morning.
Well, some people love their dogs and actually enjoy walking them and spending time with them. They don't see it as a nuisance. Having money wouldn't change that. And if it would, then those people probably shouldn't have dogs in the first place.

Maybe Christine enjoys walking her dog. I like to think she does.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She has the right to go out dressed in the way she feels most comfortable. She was walking the dogs not going to the bloody Grammys. I presume you would have had the presence of mind to lift your chin, turn your head and attempt a half smile in the time it takes for a camera shutter to fire? About 1/60 of one second at it's slowest.

She has dogs because she enjoys looking after them herself. She doesn't see them as an accessory.

Gail
Old 03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is just stupid.
I think everyone in the village should just leave her alone. It's not fair for Christine, I mean she's been through alot of things, and she must be very tired! I have no idea, why they call this nasty man a celebrity, because he surely isn't one compared to Chris.
I can totally see why she wants her privacy!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Of course it's a double standard. Nobody gives Mick grief about his protruding beer gut, but if Stevie sported such a protuberance, people would ask her when she was due.
I don't care about Mick and John's look, but a pot belly on Lindsey would send me into a major depression. I did suffer some melancholia about his Dance look, but I got over it, because I was so happy to see them all together.

But it's true, I'd rather they looked their age than look like a freak show. Kenny Rogers, Burt Reynolds . . . that's criminal. And even bad botox is horrible. I'd rather see the wrinkles than see those distorted, bloated botox faces that are floating around all over the place.

As for Chris, I think if she ever did do something public again, she'd probably take steps to curb the sagging flesh around the jowl. Since she's had work done in the past, I gather appearance is somewhat important to her. I think that's great. I'd be perfectly open to plastic surgery too, except I still cry when I get shots . . . so I don't have the stamina for it, but I do have the ego.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-31-2010 at 09:53 PM..
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Ouch. That one hurt personally. I've been avoiding this thread since the argument about Christine's personal business started but ear jibes hurt.
That bit actually made me laugh. It reminded me of a Judy Lewis film clip I saw of her mom, Loretta Young, running down a road trying to cover her "adopted" baby's giant ears with a bonnet, because she didn't want the world to know the kid was actually Clark Gable's.

Michele
Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd hazard a guess that she's pleased she doesn't have make an effort to look absolutely fabulous any more.

gail
Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't originally going to post in this thread, but I'll go ahead now anyway. It's nice to see a new photo of Chris, even if she does look older. She looks normal to me for someone who is nearing 70, which she is. I don't like the circumstances in how this picture was taken. She was obviously angry at the invasion of her privacy. No wonder she looks grumpy. I would too.

I think it's ridiculous to want her to get plastic surgery. She's obviously had it before, years ago. Now that she's completely retired, she may have come to terms with & accepted the wrinkles. Some celebrities who have had work done, look horrible. She looks normal for a woman of her age. Surgery is never risk free & is probably painful.

As far as paying someone to walk her dogs, that's ridiculous too. I'm sure she enjoys walking her dogs herself. I love walking my dog & he loves it too. It's a great way to bond with your dog. If you don't want to take the time to take care of your dog, then you shouldn't have a dog in the first place.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I wasn't originally going to post in this thread, but I'll go ahead now anyway. It's nice to see a new photo of Chris, even if she does look older. She looks normal to me for someone who is nearing 70, which she is. I don't like the circumstances in how this picture was taken. She was obviously angry at the invasion of her privacy. No wonder she looks grumpy. I would too.

I think it's ridiculous to want her to get plastic surgery. She's obviously had it before, years ago. Now that she's completely retired, she may have come to terms with & accepted the wrinkles. Some celebrities who have had work done, look horrible. She looks normal for a woman of her age. Surgery is never risk free & is probably painful.

As far as paying someone to walk her dogs, that's ridiculous too. I'm sure she enjoys walking her dogs herself. I love walking my dog & he loves it too. It's a great way to bond with your dog. If you don't want to take the time to take care of your dog, then you shouldn't have a dog in the first place.

Well said Mary Anne - nice to see you back
Gail
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That bit actually made me laugh. It reminded me of a Judy Lewis film clip I saw of her mom, Loretta Young, running down a road trying to cover her "adopted" baby's giant ears with a bonnet, because she didn't want the world to know the kid was actually Clark Gable's.

Michele
Try getting bullied as a kid It's quite upsetting, that's all. I don't get it any more, but to have someone poke the same kinda jibe at someone I love and respect is not what I wanna read. (I'm not trying to start anything, by the way, just explaining my reasoning )

I get excited when a new thread or post comes up in this part of the Ledge, because Chris' solo forum seems a bit neglected, especially compared to Stevie's, so when I do and it's all negative bickering, I want to stay as far away as possible. Who the hell are we to tell Christine McVie how she should and should not dress?! Anyone wanting to give her a hard time about walking her effing dog, go out and make as many albums and as much money as her then come back here and say how she should look.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get excited when a new thread or post comes up in this part of the Ledge, because Chris' solo forum seems a bit neglected, especially compared to Stevie's, so when I do and it's all negative bickering, I want to stay as far away as possible. Who the hell are we to tell Christine McVie how she should and should not dress?! Anyone wanting to give her a hard time about walking her effing dog, go out and make as many albums and as much money as her then come back here and say how she should look.
Well said.

Gail
Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Try getting bullied as a kid It's quite upsetting, that's all.
Oh, I got bullied as a kid, but not about my ears.

Michele
Old 04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Geez... so many people get bruised up like bananas around here! I will be the first to admit that every time I leave my apartment, even if it's just to run downstairs to grab a cup of coffee to go, I do feel like I need to pull myself together before I walk out the door. I don't know if it's a New York thing, or if it's just a Me thing, but considering all of the people walking around outside on the street, and the probability of running into acquaintances, I just feel like I have to put my best foot forward every time I go out. I dread the thought of being out somewhere looking a hot mess, and running into someone I haven't seen in a long time, and making them wonder whether I have completely lost it. I'm far, far, far (did I say far?) from being a beauty pageant contestant, but I do try to make the best of the bad hand I was dealt.

Okay, I understand why Stevie and Christine look so (relatively) rough when they are off-stage. Surely there is a lot of work involved to get stage/camera-ready. But in Christine's case, she seems to almost go out of her way to look dowdy. It doesn't mean that she is any less of a person or that she is a menace to society. But if she gets pissed off when she sees unflattering pictures of herself in the tabloids, she has to take some of the responsibility for that.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Well said Mary Anne - nice to see you back
Gail
Me too. Mary Anne, you're one of the reasons I came back, and you're rarely here anymore.

And I wasn't demanding Christine do anything. I HATE aging. In me. In Christine. In general. Getting old sucks! I wish it didn't bother me, seeing bad, older pics of her, but it does. She's my hero, and I hate seeing that she's only human.

I wanna go out looking like Burt Reynolds!