Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Ledgie

Question Christine went to a Fleetwood blues concert in October

As rep0rted in a Canadian Web site,
http://mdislander.com/site/index.php...8151&Itemid=39
on Friday, Dec. 5th, Christine attended a Fleetwood blues band performance when they played in Canterbury in October. Quoting Mark Johnstone, the band's keyboardist:

"One of the surprises was to see Fleetwood Mac singer and pianist Christine McVie in the audience for a show in Canterbury, England, he said."

Maybe there's no more to it than she only had to travel a few miles to see Mick and Rick Vito again. But I'd love to know whether she discussed business with them before or after the show. New album?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post
on Friday, Dec. 5th, Christine attended a Fleetwood blues band performance when they played in Canterbury in October. Quoting Mark Johnstone, the band's keyboardist:

"One of the surprises was to see Fleetwood Mac singer and pianist Christine McVie in the audience for a show in Canterbury, England, he said."
Oh, this is just what I had been waiting to read. I was hoping Mick would talk about her. Mention staying at her house, etc.

Michele
Old 12-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post

Maybe there's no more to it than she only had to travel a few miles to see Mick and Rick Vito again. But I'd love to know whether she discussed business with them before or after the show. New album?

I can't see why it was a "surprise" she only lives 4 or 5 miles away for christsake! Anyway wasn't Mick supposed to be staying at her house when they played Canterbury?

Maybe she charged too much and he changed his mind

Gail
Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I can't see why it was a "surprise" she only lives 4 or 5 miles away for christsake! Anyway wasn't Mick supposed to be staying at her house when they played Canterbury?

Maybe she charged too much and he changed his mind

Gail
I could see her as one of those chique owners of an expensive boutique B&B actually! I'd pay to stay there, though
Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I could see her as one of those chique owners of an expensive boutique B&B actually! I'd pay to stay there, though
Me too!

You never know what with the credit crunch and all I bet her investments aren't worth as much as they used to be. Maybe she might need some extra cash?

She'd make a great landlady. "How d'ya want yer eggs - fried or boiled?"

Gail
Old 12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, guys.....a newbie here!!!! Been trying to come aboard for years, but my e-mail address didn't allow it!
SO......MAJOR Fleetwood Mac fan, with alot of thoughts, experiences and stories (I even interned at Modern!).
But that's the past.....this post is about the future! Namely, Christine's new album!
As far as Pause & Play goes......Gerry is totally legit, with P&P being THE best website for new releases (as well as a lot of other great stuff!). I've helped him for years, and I can say he's TOTALLY on top of stuff! His dates are VERY current....of course, the upcoming releases are all subject to change, but he really stays on top of things.

As far as Christine's album goes......he actually got his first batch of info from here....someone had posted something about Chris being in the studio, working on a new album. After some more digging around, he went ahead and listed it. I've checked back here on occassion to see if there was anything new posted, but I haven't seen anything.

On a slightly different note, anyone else notice that the official website listed on Wiki takes you to Universal Music Group? Anyone hear of Chris signing with them?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
On a slightly different note, anyone else notice that the official website listed on Wiki takes you to Universal Music Group? Anyone hear of Chris signing with them?
In The Meantime was released by Sanctuary Records, which is a (now largely dormant) subsidiary of UMG.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As far as Christine's album goes......he actually got his first batch of info from here....someone had posted something about Chris being in the studio, working on a new album. After some more digging around, he went ahead and listed it. I've checked back here on occassion to see if there was anything new posted, but I haven't seen anything.

Someone who regularly posts here, (Gail) had been in contact with Chris' manager, Martin Wyatt. He told her he was working with this record label to "re-work" ITM.

Just curious, but when you say "digging around". Is it possible that that this website got the new album info from Mr. Wyatt?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Someone who regularly posts here, (Gail) had been in contact with Chris' manager, Martin Wyatt. He told her he was working with this record label to "re-work" ITM.

Just curious, but when you say "digging around". Is it possible that that this website got the new album info from Mr. Wyatt?
It sounds like we're not oing to get a bonafide new album, are we? It may be a reworking of ITM, which I would be glad to buy and listen to...Hopefully it will feature some new tracks on it. I still have my fingers crossed, however, that a full new album is coming.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As far as Christine's album goes......he actually got his first batch of info from here....someone had posted something about Chris being in the studio, working on a new album. After some more digging around, he went ahead and listed it.
Oh.

That's too bad. Here's the thread where the rumour started that Chris was working on a new album:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36723

That thread was started by someone quoting a friend. But there was no real clue as to who the friend was and whether his information was reliable. I personally dismissed it at the time as a baseless rumour.

Now we have another second-hand report from someone who claims to know the guy at Pause & Play, and claims he acquired some sort of verification of the above baseless rumour from another unnamed source.

Wouldn't stand up in a court of law!

I think that if there IS a Christine release in the future, it's far more likely to be the 'In the Meantime' re-working that we have heard about from an identified, reputable source (Martin Wyatt).

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love a new Christine album, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM

I never did believe in miracles....
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But why rework an album that, for all intents and purposes, is dead in the water, and has been for four years????? Just do a new album!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Oh.

That's too bad. Here's the thread where the rumour started that Chris was working on a new album:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36723

That thread was started by someone quoting a friend. But there was no real clue as to who the friend was and whether his information was reliable. I personally dismissed it at the time as a baseless rumour.

Now we have another second-hand report from someone who claims to know the guy at Pause & Play, and claims he acquired some sort of verification of the above baseless rumour from another unnamed source.

Wouldn't stand up in a court of law!

I think that if there IS a Christine release in the future, it's far more likely to be the 'In the Meantime' re-working that we have heard about from an identified, reputable source (Martin Wyatt).

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love a new Christine album, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm not "claiming" anything.....feel free to contact Gerry at P&P!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I'm not "claiming" anything.....feel free to contact Gerry at P&P!
I believe you...
Old 12-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I never did believe in miracles....

But I've a feelin it's time to try

Gail