Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

Question Guest appearances

I know Chris is supposed to be on the Beach Boys Light Album, but I've listened to it numerous times and can't figure out which song. I suppose I can hear some Christine-eque oohs and aahs on Love Surrounds Me, but that's about it. Is this the song she's on?

She's clearly on Robbie Patton's Don't Give It Up, but she's in the background of Smiling Islands, also?

One other one...which track on Bonnie Raitt's Nine Lives?

Jessica

Last edited by Jessica; 05-26-2004 at 02:46 PM..
Old 05-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
I know Chris is supposed to be on the Beach Boys Light Album, but I've listened to it numerous times and can't figure out which song. I suppose I can hear some Christine-eque oohs and aahs on Love Surrounds Me, but that's about it. Is this the song she's on?

She's clearly on Robbie Patton's Don't Give It Up, but she's in the background of Smiling Islands, also?

One other one...which track on Bonnie Raitt's Nine Lives?

Jessica
Yes, Chris sings background vocals on "Love Surrounds Me" on the Beach Boys album.

She isn't on "Smiling Islands". She sings background vocals on "Look Away". I'm not sure which tracks she's on in Robbie Patton's Distant Shores album. She's a co-producer. She contributes keyboards & background vocals to the entire album, but I'm really not sure which songs. The album liner notes are extremely vague and I haven't been able to tell exactly where she is by listening to the album. You may be right about "Don't Give It Up". I'll have to listen to it again.

She sings background vocals on "Angel" on the Bonnie Raitt album. It's in the liner notes & you can easily hear her on this song.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-26-2004 at 03:54 PM..
Old 05-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Yes, Chris sings background vocals on "Love Surrounds Me" on the Beach Boys album.
She's pretty far in the background!

Quote:
She isn't on "Smiling Islands".
Wow. I could have sworn I could hear her during Robbie's part.

Quote:
She sings background vocals on "Look Away".
I'm going to have to borrow my friend's copy of Orders From Headquarters again. I didn't notice her on this one.

Quote:
I'm not sure which tracks she's on in Robbie Patton's Distant Shores album.
I can hear her plain as day on Don't Give It Up, which is a pretty catchy tune either way. I wish they'd remaster Distant Shores and re-release. The sound is kind of bad.

Quote:
She's a co-producer. She contributes keyboards & background vocals to the entire album, but I'm really not sure which songs.
I knew she produced. It's interesting that she had enough confidence in her abilities to do this project, but not to produce her 1984 album. I thought that sounded like her unobtrusive keyboard sound, but I wasn't sure. The only track I'm sure of her vocals on is Don't Give It Up, though.

Quote:
She sings background vocals on "Angel" on the Bonnie Raitt album. It's in the liner notes & you can easily hear her on this song.
Thanks for this info. I don't have the album, but I may just download this track from I-Tunes or somewhere I can find it.

Jessica

Old 05-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
I'm going to have to borrow my friend's copy of Orders From Headquarters again. I didn't notice her on this one.
I have the LP. It's in the liner notes. By the way, Timothy Schmidt of the Eagles is also listed on background vocals with Christine on "Look Away" & there is a picture of Timothy & Chris together on the album insert.

And, Ken Caillat is also a co-producer with Christine on Distant Shores, just like In The Meantime. By the way, I'm sure it's Chris on backing vocals on "She". It sounds just like her in the chorus.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-27-2004 at 10:31 AM..