User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Impossible- nothing could make Family Man worth a listen LOL!
You must be mistaken. I've been listening to SiriusXM. Stevie said that Lindsey's songs on TITN are here favorite songs on that album. And, she now says that Tusk is here favorite FM album. Stevie seems to be Lindsey's biggest fan.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You must be mistaken. I've been listening to SiriusXM. Stevie said that Lindsey's songs on TITN are here favorite songs on that album. And, she now says that Tusk is here favorite FM album. Stevie seems to be Lindsey's biggest fan.
Good for Stevie liking that song- I hate it! It peaked at #90, I think, probably the lowest charting FM single ever, and right on the heels of Everywhere, which was a huge hit. But even though it was one of FM's biggest flops, that doesn't mean it's a bad song. In my opinion, it's a bad song. I rarely skip a FM song when I put in one of their cds, but Family Man is one song I simply can't stand.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good for Stevie liking that song- I hate it! It peaked at #90, I think, probably the lowest charting FM single ever, and right on the heels of Everywhere, which was a huge hit. But even though it was one of FM's biggest flops, that doesn't mean it's a bad song. In my opinion, it's a bad song. I rarely skip a FM song when I put in one of their cds, but Family Man is one song I simply can't stand.
Same. Worst ever Lindsey song. That and Empire State. His other songs on Tango are so good too, from the title track to Big Love to Caroline, then you have Family Man....
Old 05-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is definitely getting more love on the FM channel than when I first started listening to it. I mean he actually has a voice on it now. I've heard comments from him on "Second Hand News" and the recording process of TITN.

The only solo songs I'm hearing are Christine's and Stevie's. I actually heard something off ITMT from Chris today. Not to mention her Christine Perfect songs.

Heard Stevie fessing how noticeably absent she was from TITN and that it just wasn't possible for her to record given the circumstances of her klonopin addiction. But she did comment how successful that album was.

All in all I'm really enjoying the programming on the station sans Jackson Browne, The Eagles, Joni Mitchell, and CSN.

Let's hear more pertinent songs and artists like Bob Welch solo, Lindsey solo, Peter Green solo, Jeremy Spencer solo, Billy Burnette solo, Warren Zevon, Tom Petty, Sheryl Crow, and artists that had more of a connection with FM and its' members.

Come on, you can do better!

Oh and I heard something played from Then Play On for the FIRST time today.

FM! There's a HISTORY there!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Same. Worst ever Lindsey song. That and Empire State. His other songs on Tango are so good too, from the title track to Big Love to Caroline, then you have Family Man....
oh Empire State is far and away worse than Family Man. I can listen to Family Man 100x over before I listen to Empire State. Lyrically Family Man is pretty lightweight, but the acoustic guitar saves it, particularly the end. Gorgeous.

Empire State, with it's droning, digitally tweaked vocals.....bleh.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh Empire State is far and away worse than Family Man. I can listen to Family Man 100x over before I listen to Empire State. Lyrically Family Man is pretty lightweight, but the acoustic guitar saves it, particularly the end. Gorgeous.

Empire State, with it's droning, digitally tweaked vocals.....bleh.
See I like Empire State. love the guitars and the harmonies. For me his worst song is What makes you think you're the one and That's enough for Me.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love how his family has really gone hard defending him but it's also sad in a way because it's just so clear how much this has affected and hurt them.
This makes me sad too. I can't imagine any of them resting in peace after this. What a shame to end their legacy like this and for them to leave it this way for the youth as well. Sounds like Lindsey wanted to keep creating from his family's perspective. Have to respect that.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
See I like Empire State. love the guitars and the harmonies. For me his worst song is What makes you think you're the one and That's enough for Me.
really? Wow.

Tusk is really interesting because while everyone gets all about how he changed the production of his music, it's really lyrically some of his most interesting stuff and it is ALL about how p*ssed he is at Stevie. What Makes You Think You're The One is all about that relationship. And even the music on that sounds angry -- the drums sound like a physical slap. It's kinda fascinating in that regard. Not That Funny takes swipes at her, The Ledge......all his angry breakup songs.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really? Wow.

Tusk is really interesting because while everyone gets all about how he changed the production of his music, it's really lyrically some of his most interesting stuff and it is ALL about how p*ssed he is at Stevie. What Makes You Think You're The One is all about that relationship. And even the music on that sounds angry -- the drums sound like a physical slap. It's kinda fascinating in that regard. Not That Funny takes swipes at her, The Ledge......all his angry breakup songs.
I LOVE all his other songs on Tusk, just not those two and wasn't crazy about That's enough for me. It's more the vocals not the music. The ones below are superb. Actually

Walk A thin Line
The Ledge
That's all for everyone
Tusk
I know I'm not wrong
Old 05-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE all his other songs on Tusk, just not those two and wasn't crazy about That's enough for me. It's more the vocals not the music. The ones below are superb. Actually

Walk A thin Line
The Ledge
That's all for everyone
Tusk
I know I'm not wrong
I'm also a big fan of Not That Funny and always have been (the recorded version, and some of the live versions but not all )
Old 05-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's right. I don't even listen to Sirius but from what I've read here and elsewhere, it sounded like he was dead (or never had anything to do with FM)

#KBStrikesAgain

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-11-2018, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really? Wow.

ITA. I like/love all of his songs on Tusk except That's All For Everyone which sounds too dizzying for my taste.
IMO it's his best collection of songs.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ITA. I like/love all of his songs on Tusk except That's All For Everyone which sounds too dizzying for my taste.
IMO it's his best collection of songs.
That's All for Everyone is absolute genius IMO.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
but from what I've read here and elsewhere, it sounded like he was dead (or never had anything to do with FM)
Ever heard of a guy named Bob Welch?

Fleetwood Mac hasn't either...
Old 05-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's All for Everyone is absolute genius IMO.
I liked it at first and I can definitely recognize that it's a great song but after a couple of listens it starts to give me a headache. It just has that dizzying sound that makes it one of those songs where you can appreciate it listening to it as you listen through the entire album, but it's not the kind of song you can really listen to over and over. At least not for me.