User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The writer of this article knows Stevie.
i thought so too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The "blindsiding" aspect was new - or at least, it was new to me.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-15-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The writer of this article knows Stevie. How well she knows her I'm not sure, but I assume it has something to do with her working for the magazine, she's spoken with her. I think she has connections in regards to the music industry in general. I remember I saw some of her tweets a long time ago and she had a personal note from Stevie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i thought so too.

I'm not sure she personally knows Stevie that well but I think it fair to say she's a major Chiffon-head.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
The "blindsiding" aspect was new - or at least, it was new to me.
I agree--this really seems to have come to a head very quickly.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm not sure she personally knows Stevie that well but I think it fair to say she's a major Chiffon-head.
i think she met Stevie on numerous occasions (that magazine i think started with her interviewing Stevie?), was backstage at a number of FM and SN solo shows, got comped seats, talked to Stevie etc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i thought Rolling Stone's article said he was fired from the beginning?

definitely from the first time i saw it.

Variety at first said he left, then they issues a correction, said they checked with the Rolling Stone, and that he was actually fired.
You’re right! I meant to write Variety instead to RS! You know, lack of sleep.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just FYI - second thread on the topic of Lindsey firing already closed in the Steve Hoffman forum.

makes me think someone is contacting reputable boards and shutting these threads down. maybe that corporate greed theory has some legs behind it. the plot thickens!

Old 04-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If it's true that they knew for sure that far ahead of time they were going to fire him, why say the kind of things they did at Musicares? Why would they bother having even one day of rehearsal with him? Why would they bother announcing that Sirius station that got yanked at the last minute?

More likely those guys were an alternate plan and they hoped to work something out with Lindsey. Again, Mick must have known it would be best to keep the Rumours 5 together.

Still, I believe what button-lip's sources tell her regarding Lindsey backing down, because you don't use the word "fired" when you were offered a chance to stay if you cooperated and you chose not to.

Thus, the reconciliation of the narratives for me is that the alternate plan became the primary plan at the last minute for personal reasons, since business-wise, they should have let Lindsey stay after he backed down.

Sadly, unlike apparently half the people who post here, I have no "insider sources" or "friends who know people" that are giving me information. Just reasoning it out.
What appall me of Musicares is Stevie's kindness towards Lindsey. That's all I'm gonna say about it. Luckily, he took his family, and what a beautiful family he has!

I agree 100% with your analysis, Nancy. No matter that Lindsey was ready to postpone his solo tour for FM tour. Personal reasons were in the middle of any possibility of reconciliation. And that was the end.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh I'm not saying she's a close personal friend or anything, but what Elle said is right, she does have her 'connections' to Stevie and has talked with her and been treated by her. She is indeed a HUGE fan but what's interesting is that she's been quite critical of Stevie in regards to what's happened. I follow her on twitter and if you see her activity, she's definitely not blinded by her love of Stevie.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I'm not saying she's a close personal friend or anything, but what Elle said is right, she does have her 'connections' to Stevie and has talked with her and been treated by her. She is indeed a HUGE fan but what's interesting is that she's been quite critical of Stevie in regards to what's happened. I follow her on twitter and if you see her activity, she's definitely not blinded by her love of Stevie.
I think that there are going to be quite a few Stevie fans(myself included ) that have a sense of fair play that are not happy with her and the remaining other 3 and their treatment of Lindsey.If the details of what happened at the musicare event are accurate I would not even rank this scuffle in the top 10 of Stevie/Lindsey altercations of all time.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think that there are going to be quite a few Stevie fans(myself included ) that have a sense of fair play that are not happy with her and the remaining other 3 and their treatment of Lindsey.If the details of what happened at the musicare event are accurate I would not even rank this scuffle in the top 10 of Stevie/Lindsey altercations of all time.
If what Elle says is true then they cut him off in February, so if they did get into a fight at Musicares it was probably justified since he was likely tense over what was going on. But that's just speculation on my part.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
What I liked about her songs was that I had to figure out what she was talking about (and I wasn't the only one, Christine was wondering about the same thing) but when Tango came along I didn't need to figure it out anymore because she wrote exactly about what was going on. The same goes for the albums after that.
I SO agree with this! While I get that people's writing style changes over time I am totally with you about how that whole mysterious thing she had going on was one of my favorite things about her songs.
Sara is the perfect example of that. Who even knows what on earth she is talking about/trying to say in that song but the lyrics are BEAUTIFUL and the song is just gorgeous.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If it's true that they knew for sure that far ahead of time they were going to fire him, why say the kind of things they did at Musicares? Why would they bother having even one day of rehearsal with him? Why would they bother announcing that Sirius station that got yanked at the last minute?

More likely those guys were an alternate plan and they hoped to work something out with Lindsey. Again, Mick must have known it would be best to keep the Rumours 5 together.

Still, I believe what button-lip's sources tell her regarding Lindsey backing down, because you don't use the word "fired" when you were offered a chance to stay if you cooperated and you chose not to.

Thus, the reconciliation of the narratives for me is that the alternate plan became the primary plan at the last minute for personal reasons, since business-wise, they should have let Lindsey stay after he backed down.

Sadly, unlike apparently half the people who post here, I have no "insider sources" or "friends who know people" that are giving me information. Just reasoning it out.
I agree with this, but it’s also why I don’t feel sorry for Lindsey any longer. I can easily see the other four tired of him being a jerk so that could be the personal reason why it could not be resolved. We have no idea.He’d sue if he feels there was a breach of contract. He’s been an ass to too many people in the band and in the industry in general. Combined with the fact that he does not have Stevie’s pull, it’s a no brainer. My ex does not Fleetwood Mac and when I mentioned this drama, his first reaction was “what did he do this time?”

And I am not saying Stevie is innocent or an angel.

But it’s ridic to pretend he did not play a role in this.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I agree with this, but it’s also why I don’t feel sorry for Lindsey any longer. I can easily see the other four tired of him being a jerk so that could be the personal reason why it could not be resolved. We have no idea.He’d sue if he feels there was a breach of contract. He’s been an ass to too many people in the band and in the industry in general. Combined with the fact that he does not have Stevie’s pull, it’s a no brainer. My ex does not Fleetwood Mac and when I mentioned this drama, his first reaction was “what did he do this time?”

And I am not saying Stevie is innocent or an angel.

But it’s ridic to pretend he did not play a role in this.

They all played a role in it--and that's the sad part. The whole situation is sad and unfortunate. I look forward to hearing from the 4 of them (let's face it, John will say nothing) to get the truth--or a least how they all perceive it having gone down. There are 3 sides to every story, and the truth ultimately lies some where in the middle.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Long time lurker but felt the need to join up once all of this went down last week.

A sad, sad time it is indeed. Been a fan of Fleetwood Mac for as long as I can remember. Found the band back in the day through my dad's love of Stevie Nicks' music ("I Can't Wait" was my first exposure to her, we both love that song), and from there I quickly bought up all of Fleetwood Mac's records. After that, I quickly found myself staying more for Buckingham's material more than anyone else's, even though everyone else is ridiculously talented as well.

From that point, Lindsey's music was a huge fixture in my life, so I was blindsided and saddened to read the news last Monday. Thanks, in the off chance he sees this, Lindsey for the many great songs and albums and I can't wait to hear what's next from you. Can't necessarily say that I feel that same way about Fleetwood Mac at the moment, but if Lindsey's on tour, I'll no doubt be there to show my support.