Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

THIS POST DOES NOT CONTAIN A VOTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
What makes [Save Me a Place] stand out?
The lyrics make an ok statement, sure... but not as good of a statement as his other 'Tusk' songs.
The harmonies are nice, but they're certainly not the best harmonies he's ever had in one of his songs.
And, when compared to the rest of his 'Tusk' tracks, "Save Me A Place" has the most basic, standard production of them all. So it's not even innovative, production-wise.

So... and i'm asking honestly here... what's the appeal?
It's lovely. Very pretty harmonies, nice mellow tune, nice sentiment. What can I say? It's all subjective. But with regard to Lindsey's other Tusk songs, it's certainly a heck of a lot better than the wretched Ledge, which will get my vote as soon as the diabetic-coma-inducing Never Forget takes a hike.

And ironically, I wish I would've voted SMAP off last round.

THERE'S STILL TIME FOR A RUNOFF BETWEEN SARA AND SMAP!!!!

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-19-2004 at 10:15 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Good try, Nance, but I'm with everyone else....It's out fair and square. I hate it, too.
Crikey! What on Earth is with all this "Sara" hate?!?

Who whizzed in everyone's Cocoa-Puffs??
Old 08-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I meant I hate that it is gone, not the song.

You know that we have similiar music taste.....like that one song on Tango that I will try not to bring up again.

-Curtis
Old 08-19-2004, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
HAHA, you're so funny, CarneVaca. You know very well you made the exact same complaint last time. But for those of you who don't remember, here is Carne's previous statement from the aborted thread.
Nice try, Nancy, but I didn't even expect anyone to listen to me, though I was pleasantly surprised they did. Second, I didn't know the rule was to use the previous number of votes for a song to break a tie. That still seems goofy to me, but if that's the rule, that's the rule and it should stand. Since the rule wasn't changed, it would be patently unfair to do so after two rounds to manipulate the results. And you know it.

Third, and most importantly, not only had that tie round been called into question, the first round itself seemed to have been miscounted, and that more than anything made it necessary to re-do the whole thing. You can go re-read the whole thread if you per chance missed that.

Let's not indulge our taste for sour grapes, Nancy. Accept the results and move on.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I'm just wondering if we'll ever have a Tusk survivor winner at this rate.
LOL! You'd think we're dealing with a bunch of Floridians on Nov. 3 here!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I'm thinking he means he hates the fact that it's gone.... but don't you see, it's totally fair to do the runoff!

RUNOFF!! RUNOFF!!! RUNOFF!!!!

Old 08-19-2004, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Dude, I love all of Lindsey's songs on 'Tusk'... they're pure brilliance (even though I do still feel that Stevie's are stronger "songs," overall).

But "Save Me A Place"... I just don't get the appeal. Honestly.
I want to. I have tried to. But I don't get it.
Yeah, Johnny, we know, we know. You can keep voting for it then. Except... not this round, baby!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 3

My vote this round goes to "That's All For Everyone".
Old 08-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's lovely. Very pretty harmonies, nice mellow tune, nice sentiment. What can I say? It's all subjective. But with regard to Lindsey's other Tusk songs, it's certainly a heck of a lot better than the wretched Ledge, which will get my vote as soon as the diabetic-coma-inducing Never Forget takes a hike.
I see what you're saying, but what makes it better than anything else, to the degree that someone would actually regard it as one of Lindsey's finest compositions? I just don't see how it stands out.

Maybe it's just TOO mellow for my tastes. As I've said, it's truly the pacing the kills the entire song for me.

I like the verse-lyrics, but then Lindsey starts singing the chorus so slowly, that I lose interest.

And, hey! I love "The Ledge"!
That song has spunk and vitality, and wit, and charm, and all the things that "Save Me A Place" is sorely lacking, in my opinion.

I do realize it's all subjective... after all, I am the guy who adores "When I See You Again."
But I am absolutely baffled as to how people see "SMAP" as a better, more worthy song than "Sara."

Of course, subscribing to my new theory that everything Carne and Diss say and do, is all a joke, and is only meant to get a rise out of people... then their attempts to save "SMAP" over "Sara" make total sense.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

THIS IS NOT A VOTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Nice try, Nancy, but I didn't even expect anyone to listen to me, though I was pleasantly surprised they did. Second, I didn't know the rule was to use the previous number of votes for a song to break a tie. That still seems goofy to me, but if that's the rule, that's the rule and it should stand. Since the rule wasn't changed, it would be patently unfair to do so after two rounds to manipulate the results. And you know it.

Third, and most importantly, not only had that tie round been called into question, the first round itself seemed to have been miscounted, and that more than anything made it necessary to re-do the whole thing. You can go re-read the whole thread if you per chance missed that.

Let's not indulge our taste for sour grapes, Nancy. Accept the results and move on.
The rule was made up off-the-cuff by Jacob for that round, it wasn't in place previously. And that thread was aborted. We should treat it as if it never existed, IMHO.

BUT, it seems I am alone in my protests, and therefore I will suck it up and move on.

So now it's gone..... these jokers say it doesn't matter anymore.... but to me, Sara will always be a winner!

Old 08-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but what makes it better than anything else, to the degree that someone would actually regard it as one of Lindsey's finest compositions? I just don't see how it stands out.
Not to be a wiseass, but aren't you, like, a huge fan of When I See You Again? How anyone could be a huge fan of that is beyond me, but I see you have the same attitude toward the beautiful Save Me a Place. So why not just leave it at that?

There's no accounting for taste. ANd I believe you've said that. Why harp on this? I notice the other Tusk survivor thread had a huge discussion involving you and your dislike of Save Me a Place. Must it be debated to death?

I just don't get it.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Of course, subscribing to my new theory that everything Carne and Diss say and do, is all a joke, and is only meant to get a rise out of people... then their attempts to save "SMAP" over "Sara" make total sense.
Not this time, my friend. Save Me a Place is one of my all-time favorites. Really, it is among my top three Lindsey songs. So don't kid yourself. I love Sara, but it was an easy decision to sacrifice it for Save Me a Place. And I would do it again.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THIS IS NOT A VOTE.

The rule was made up off-the-cuff by Jacob for that round, it wasn't in place previously. And that thread was aborted. We should treat it as if it never existed, IMHO.

BUT, it seems I am alone in my protests, and therefore I will suck it up and move on.

So now it's gone..... these jokers say it doesn't matter anymore.... but to me, Sara will always be a winner!

We should have pulled in the population from '79-'80 that made it a top 10 hit.
Eh, in this forum, I dunno if that would have helped much.

-Curtis
Old 08-19-2004, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Nancy, I understand your disappointment, but don't you think that the fair thing to do would have been to officially throw out that rule and implement a new one before it became an issue? Otherwise, as it happened, people just figured that it stands. And therefore it should.Don't you think changing rules in the middle of a game is unfair?

Sara is out. She needs a rest.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Since I was the one who posted that I thought the whole "previous votes" thing was the rule, I feel compelled to add that there was a tie in the Tango thread (post #266 for those who are interested) and the rule was implimented there as well. So it was not only used in an "aborted thread", since that seems to be a sticking point.

Just doing my civic duty...

Take on the situation but not the torment