Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Two live versions of Why! Yes! Live Spare Me a Little of Your Love, Hypnotized, and Station Man. The only thing its missing is live Say You Love Me and live Frozen Love and Crying in The Night.
Would love it if they put some old B/N stuff on there.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, like Homer, I'm not thrilled about re-purchasing a lot of the same old again. But if the live set and the early versions of the songs prove interesting enough, I might. Need to know the cost of the entire box set.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Well, like Homer, I'm not thrilled about re-purchasing a lot of the same old again. But if the live set and the early versions of the songs prove interesting enough, I might. Need to know the cost of the entire box set.
The Third And Final Release!! (maybe)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac Unearth Rarities for 1975 Self-Titled LP Reissue
New set will feature alternate version of full album comprised of unreleased outtakes, live tracks

Fleetwood Mac have unearthed a slew of rarities and unreleased tracks for a new reissue of their 1975 self-titled album. Fin Costello/Getty Images
By Jon Blistein
5 hours ago
Fleetwood Mac will include a slew of previously unreleased studio and live recordings on a new reissue of their 1975 self-titled album, out January 19th.

RELATED

Fleetwood Mac's 50 Greatest Songs
From British blues to California rock, from smooth sunshine to the most haunting breakup epics ever
The new set will be available in several formats, including a deluxe edition featuring three CDs, a DVD and a vinyl LP. An expanded two-CD set will also be available, as will a single disc featuring a remastered version of the original album. The remastered audio will also be available digitally and on streaming services.

Released in 1975, Fleetwood Mac marked the Fleetwood Mac's tenth studio album, but only their first with Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and Stevie Nicks on vocals. The record topped the Billboard album chart and produced several classics including "Rhiannon" and "Landslide."

The forthcoming deluxe and expanded editions of Fleetwood Mac will notably feature a complete alternate version of the album made up entirely of previously unreleased outtakes and live recordings. The live songs were recorded during concerts in 1976, and the deluxe edition will include 14 additional unreleased live tracks.

The deluxe and expanded sets will also include the remastered album, as well as single mixes for "Over My Head," "Rhiannon," "Say You Love Me" and a previously unreleased version of "Blue Letter." Meanwhile, the deluxe edition will come include the original album pressed on 180-gram vinyl, plus a DVD featuring 5.1 surround sound and high-resolution 24/96 stereo audio mixes of the record.

Fleetwood Mac's Fleetwood Mac Deluxe Edition Track List

Disc One – Original Album Remastered and Singles
1. "Monday Morning"
2. "Warm Ways"
3. "Blue Letter"
4. "Rhiannon"
5. "Over My Head"
6. "Crystal"
7. "Say You Love Me"
8. "Landslide"
9. "World Turning"
10. "Sugar Daddy"
11. "I'm So Afraid"
12. "Over My Head" – Single Version
13. "Rhiannon" – Single Version
14. "Say You Love Me" – Single Version
15. "Blue Letter" – Single Version

Disc Two – Alternates and Live
1. "Monday Morning" – Early Take
2. "Warm Ways" – Early Take
3. "Blue Letter" – Early Take
4. "Rhiannon" – Early Take
5. "Over My Head" – Early Take
6. "Crystal" – Early Take
7. "Say You Love Me" – Early Version
8. "Landslide" – Early Version
9. "World Turning" – Early Version
10. "Sugar Daddy" – Early Take
11. "I'm So Afraid" – Early Version
12. "Over My Head" – Live
13. "Rhiannon" – Live
14. "Why" – Live
15. "World Turning" – Live
16. Jam #2
17. "I'm So Afraid" – Early Take Instrumental

Disc Three – Live
1. "Get Like You Used To Be"
2. "Station Man"
3. "Spare Me A Little"
4. "Rhiannon"
5. "Why"
6. "Landslide"
7. "Over My Head"
8. "I'm So Afraid"
9. "Oh Well"
10. "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)"
11. "World Turning"
12. "Blue Letter"
13. "Don't Let Me Down Again"
14. "Hypnotized"
Old 11-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I converted the British price, and I think it was $58 U.S.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Another great perk is we get the single versions of the 3 singles. Lindsey's added guitar licks just add so much to these songs. You never hear these versions on the radio anymore because every station loads the songs from the CD. These added guitar licks really show the master production of Lindsey Buckingham.

Ok now I need help to diagnose myself. I used to love hearing Lindsey sing hypnotized and the 1975 version of Station Man. Now I just cringe. I miss Bob Welch so much that I don't want to hear anyone else sing hypnotized.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Another great perk is we get the single versions of the 3 singles. Lindsey's added guitar licks just add so much to these songs. You never hear these versions on the radio anymore because every station loads the songs from the CD. These added guitar licks really show the master production of Lindsey Buckingham.

Ok now I need help to diagnose myself. I used to love hearing Lindsey sing hypnotized and the 1975 version of Station Man. Now I just cringe. I miss Bob Welch so much that I don't want to hear anyone else sing hypnotized.
Those were on the set they sold us in 2003. Now we have to buy them again, to get the other stuff.

Agreed. Bob really got the shaft, historically speaking, from the band.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Thanks. The promise of some extra guitar work on the single versions is exciting.

Otherwise, Im not stoked for this, to be honest...

Although I am looking forward to Why, alternate Blue Letter, Jam #2, and Im So Afraid instrumental.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

So awesome. Already preordered mine on Amazon. I cannot wait to hear the 5.1 surround not to mention the live CD remastered. Great news.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
So awesome. Already preordered mine on Amazon. I cannot wait to hear the 5.1 surround not to mention the live CD remastered. Great news.

Me too. I'm looking forward to this I'm sure there will be some gems with the early take cd also.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm curious as to why they chose to release this AFTER the re-issues of "Tusk," "Mirage," .."and "Tango?" Not to mention the numerous deluxe re-issues of "Rumours."
Old 11-17-2017, 11:15 AM

I'm really interested in an early take of World Turning...

Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I'm curious as to why they chose to release this AFTER the re-issues of "Tusk," "Mirage," .."and "Tango?" Not to mention the numerous deluxe re-issues of "Rumours."
I'd guess there was never a long term plan. After Rumours the next most celebrated album is Tusk and that obviously had a lot of material ripe for release. After that 'deluxe' did well enough they obviously thought Mirage would be a logical next step rather than hopping back 2 albums.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-17-2017, 07:42 PM
deribish
This message has been deleted by deribish.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm baffled as to why this is being released in January? Like you'd think they'd want to cash in on Christmas sales. Was bummed when I read the live tracks are recorded in the exact 2 places of 2 bootleg albums I have owned since 1978 that even then were in perfect sound quality. I still own those records but haven't played them in YEARS. Of all the live shows on that tour, why oh why couldn't they have given us music from shows that haven't been bootlegged already?
Old 11-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Say you Love me-- EARLY version" is up at ITUNES to purchse. It's just a different RAWer mix -- but it's kind funky and rockin with an entirely different guitar part. Everything else is pretty much the same. but the ending is really cool

Attached Images
File Type: jpg say.jpg (95.9 KB, 2 views)