User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'll say it again... I think Christine left because she felt they were done too... The magic, the music, the voices... not cute anymore...
I continue to maintain that Chris nixed the planned, highly lucrative Dance tour extension because of how distressing those cold outdoor October/November gigs (especially Atlanta) were- even though the following dates would have been all indoor arenas.

If it wasn't the primary reason, it was unquestionably the nail in the coffin.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Why does everyone want Stevie out?
Everyone wants Stevie out because she seems to be the sole person in the band preventing any real forward movement. If not for her issues, the band might even have an album out right now, or well entrenched in recording one instead of going through the motions on an oldies tour. People are tired of Stevie badmouthing Lindsey in the press, tired of her whining about how people aren't buying her music, and about people stealing it through the internet. With the notable exception of Chili and a few others, most of us really don't want her out though. We just want her to suck it up, stop the boohooing, and get serious about recording some good music with the band. Because she still has enormous talent, a great voice, and something to say. Yes, it's not Fleetwood Mac without the drama... but this is just the wrong type of drama.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I continue to maintain that Chris nixed the planned, highly lucrative Dance tour extension because of how distressing those cold outdoor October/November gigs (especially Atlanta) were- even though the following dates would have been all indoor arenas.

If it wasn't the primary reason, it was unquestionably the nail in the coffin.
I don't disagree with that either...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry maybe I misunderstood eating the cost thing, I thought it just struck me as being greedy. Why does everyone want Stevie out? I agree that she is the most recognizable an that she is the reason i started to like The Mac.
Eating the cost means he would have paid for it himself, i.e. the opposite of being greedy.

I don't want Stevie out of the band, but I understand others frustration and I do think it's time for Neale and Brett to be considered actual members of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've never heard of her crying about no one buying her music. I could see the Lindsey bashing but i've again never seen it. Got examples?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Because they tried that in 1994 and it flopped miserably. At this point in the game, after 35+ years of history, Stevie is cemented as the face of Fleetwood Mac. If you ask a random person on the street to name the members of Fleetwood Mac, I guarantee you Stevie Nicks is the only one most people can name. Whether it's good for the Fleetwood Mac moniker or not, whether it's to anyone's personal preferences or not, we're stuck with a Fleetwood Mac that includes Stevie at this point.

So effing what? Nobody knew who Lindsey Buckingham or Stevie Nicks were in 1975 either. Time to stop "living in the past" and reinvent themselves (again). You don't see Neil Young or Bob Dylan resting on their laurels, they keep finding ways to be fresh & relevant. Heck, The Beatles reinvented themselves about 4 times in 8 years.

For as entrepreneurial as Fleetwood appears to be, when it comes to Fleetwood Mac, he's incredibly lazy when it comes to the creative side of things. No wonder they've become a "nostalgia" act...they've kept themselves locked in 1977 for 32 years. Just imagine how much MORE they would've accomplished had they not gotten sucked into the Rumours whirlpool for all these years.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I don't want Stevie out of the band, but I understand others frustration and I do think it's time for Neale and Brett to be considered actual members of Fleetwood Mac.
As hired sessionists, aren't they cheaper to pay than they would be as members? If Fleetwood Mac becomes a six-piece, how would that affect their individual guarantees on tour? Say You Will was an odd (read: telling) situation because Brett & Neale weren't involved in the recording at all.

Something makes me think that those two are not going to become members of Fleetwood Mac.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As hired sessionists, aren't they cheaper to pay than they would be as members? If Fleetwood Mac becomes a six-piece, how would that affect their individual guarantees on tour? Say You Will was an odd (read: telling) situation because Brett & Neale weren't involved in the recording at all.

Something makes me think that those two are not going to become members of Fleetwood Mac.
I'm sure you're right, but I think they've earned their dues, especially if the band does not record again.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry maybe I misunderstood eating the cost thing, I thought it just struck me as being greedy. Why does everyone want Stevie out? I agree that she is the most recognizable an that she is the reason i started to like The Mac.
I'm a big Stevie fan, and I want her out. The chemistry just isn't there any more between them. She's be much better off pursuing her solo career and working with other artists at this point. And there are many, many roads open to her. She needs to get that Rhiannon project done, write some children's stories, do a standards album with David Foster that she talked about, or hey just do another amazing solo record with the likes of John Shanks.

As for the Mac, I think they should and will carry on. Whether it's going back to their blues roots or carrying on with Lindsey, I think they would still be a viable music force. Just don't opt for that cheap imitation routine and try to replace Stevie with a blonde woman front singer. I despise that whole charade, much like Queen has tried to replace Freddie Mercury over the years. It just can't be done.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If the Eagles can put out a multi-platinum record in the 60's- I don't see why Fleetwood Mac couldn't do the same if they really tried~
Old 09-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As hired sessionists, aren't they cheaper to pay than they would be as members?
They're well paid for what they do -- which is nothing exceptional. I am very fond of them, just from having them on the road with Lindsey and the affection that they, particularly Brett, seem to have for him quite touches me. However, I think they're contributions are fungible -- and I would never want them to be members of FM.

But I have a feeling it's not something I really have to worry about. I don't think adding them would ever occur to the band, so that's a relief.

Michele
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't it sort of weird though that after all this time Lindsey agreed to do something like the Unleashed tour...not that I'm knocking it. I was right there in the audience with everyone else and loved every second of it. Still, I worried when it was first announced that it was a sign that he may be over FM as an artistic endeavor...I was just really surprised that he of all people didn't push to record new material. All these years he has been the leader of the group in terms of putting together an album...Mick, I'm really not sure what exactly he wants (other than play his drums and have fun, though I do believe he wants the group to stay together) and John never says anything! I really don't think the problem is so much with Stevie...I think she's just waiting for Lindsey to decide that he's ready to really do something with the group as opposed to the same thing they've been doing (hopefully reinvent themselves somehow)...I think if he is passionate about it, she will be right there with him.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:

yeah... "money"
Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They're well paid for what they do -- which is nothing exceptional. I am very fond of them, just from having them on the road with Lindsey and the affection that they, particularly Brett, seem to have for him quite touches me. However, I think they're contributions are fungible -- and I would never want them to be members of FM.

But I have a feeling it's not something I really have to worry about. I don't think adding them would ever occur to the band, so that's a relief.

Michele
I agree... what would the point be? I'm glad Sheryl C never joined either...

FM needs to seriously change their formula, if not the members to get my attention... Things like having Christine play the beautiful intro to Rhiannon was fresh (Dance)... I wished they would have just had Stevie and Christine do a 3 min duo version of that song and moved on....

They just refuse to be interesting.. and that happens when it's not about the music and more about being famous and making money.

Their talent gets hidden in the constant repetition of doing the same thing... It's almost like telling the same joke over and over again... and even tho it was funny at some point.. it's annoying now...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
If the Eagles can put out a multi-platinum record in the 60's- I don't see why Fleetwood Mac couldn't do the same if they really tried~
They stopped trying long ago...