Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood Says New Album Without Stevie Nicks Will Win Awards

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...-stevie-nicks/

Mick Fleetwood Says New Album Without Stevie Nicks Will Win Awards

By Martin Kielty March 21, 2017 9:40 AM

Fleetwood Mac
Noam Galai/Getty Images

Mick Fleetwood believes that the upcoming Fleetwood Mac spin-off album, which features the whole band except Stevie Nicks, is good enough to win awards.

The LP is to be released in the summer under the banner of Buckingham McVie, since it consists of songs written by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. However, it also features Fleetwood and bassist John McVie, after singer Nicks arranged a solo schedule and declared herself unwilling to participate in further recording with Fleetwood Mac.

“The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey some time ago,” Fleetwood told Uncut. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. Chris is full of vim and vigor, which is mind-blowing, and I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do – putting something together.

“This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that,” he added. “It’s really cool. I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”

Buckingham said he’s grown since the last time he worked with McVie. “I realized I’m a completely different person,” he said. “I’m a father of three children, I’ve been married almost 20 years. I’ve had my journey, and Christine has had her own journey.”

McVie returned to Fleetwood Mac in 2014 after a handful of earlier guest appearances on stage convinced her to rethink her retirement, which had begun in 1998. The band had started work on a record together before Nicks decided she didn’t want to take part. “It’s an umbilical cord that can’t be broken,” McVie said. “It just pulls you back.”

But Nicks plans to return in time for a road trip next year. “The 2018 tour is supposed to be a farewell – but you take farewell tours one at a time,” McVie noted. “Somehow we always come together, this unit. We can feel it ourselves.”

Read More: Mick Fleetwood Says New Album Without Stevie Nicks Will Win Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip

this is just pulled together excerpts, really, and if it's already posted then mods feel free to merge.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly feel this was a big "F*ck You" to Stevie and I'm cool with it. I love her, but she let a lot of us down.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I honestly feel this was a big "F*ck You" to Stevie and I'm cool with it. I love her, but she let a lot of us down.
I don't think this was a "F*ck You" any more than I think she ever "held them hostage" (oh, how I got sick of that phrase). She was offered a chance to participate; she chose not to; they made a record without her. Adults making their own decisions based on what they think is best for them.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 03-21-2017 at 08:49 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I don't think this was a "F*ck You" anymore than I think she ever "held them hostage" (oh, how I got sick of that phrase). She was offered a chance to participate; she chose not to; they made a record without her. Adults making their own decisions based on what they think is best for them.

Exactly and right on point. I still wish it was under the Fleetwood Mac name considering it was Stevie's decision not to record.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone get Lindsey some smelling salts! Worlds are colliding. The big machine is trying to horn in on potential future kudos for the small machine.

Really, Mick must have his panties in a bunch or something. Lindsey has done some great, sometimes groundbreaking solo stuff and never walked the carpet so...years later, when he still has a relatively small following for his solo stuff (in comparison to the Old Big Machine), I doubt anyone is going to recognize him in that Red Carpet way. Should they? Yes. Will they? I doubt it.

And, Mick will be all kumbaya-ing with Stevie when the ink is signed on the contracts for the next tour, I'm sure.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Exactly and right on point. I still wish it was under the Fleetwood Mac name considering it was Stevie's decision not to record.
That's the part that I find astounding. They fought for years for ownership of the Fleetwood Mac name, and it cost them a lot of money, so to not use it on this album seems crazy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This quote is a few weeks old now and has been posted here a lot. That being said, he said that about Say You will as well. But I pray he's right! If they get a grammy nod that will be a big FU to Stevie. She loves the spotlight more then anything and that will drive her NUTS!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The title is great
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM

If you read twitter or any of the chiffon pages on FB.
(Elle pointed this out to me re: the Twitter stuff.)

The chiffons and and shippers have gone angry!! I mean off the charts.
Lots of the anger is directed at Christine and some at Lindsey. I guess Christine is the other woman and she got to rest for 16 years and now; she has the nerve to come back and take Stevie's spot.

I read one comment that said, "How dare they not wait for Stevie to finish her tour. They waited for Christine!!!"

These people are nuts!!

Having said that, I just hope it's a great album and tour. They sound so excited to be viable artists creating in today's market. I love their attitudes about the music and toward each other.
My acting teacher told me, if you keep doing the same gig over and over, you'll start to hate your art.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-21-2017 at 10:24 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Lots of the anger is directed at Christine and some at Lindsey. I guess Christine is the other woman and she got to rest for 16 years and now; she has the nerve to come back and take Stevie's spot.

I read one comment that said, "How dare they not wait for Stevie to finish her tour. They waited for Christine!!!"

These people are nuts!!
Are we allowed to say this? Seems like a whole bunch of people won't like it. Be careful, my friend.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you read twitter or any of the chiffon pages on FB.
(Elle pointed this out to me re: the Twitter stuff.)

These people are nuts!!

Having said that, I just hope it's a great album and tour. They sound so excited to be viable artists creating in today's market. I love their attitudes about the music and toward each other.
My acting teacher told me, if you keep doing the same gig over and over, you'll start to hate your art.

Everyone on the twitters I follow, and I follow plenty as well some instagrams, is perfectly sane
Maybe it's the odd 1 or 2 over the top people you're talking about but everyone I know of is fine, whether they're 'chiffons' or 'shippers', they even make a good few jokes about it.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Everyone on the twitters I follow, and I follow plenty as well some instagrams, is perfectly sane
Maybe it's the odd 1 or 2 over the top people you're talking about but everyone I know of is fine, whether they're 'chiffons' or 'shippers', they even make a good few jokes about it.
It is 1 or 2 or 3. But the venom is astounding. However, I will say that even though the subject matter is BuckVie or McBuck, they come into the thread and just start popping off about how angry they are about the new album, or how much of a failure the rest of the band is without Stevie. Or HOW DARE THEY CALL IT BUCKINGHAM/MCVIE it will hurt Stevie's feelings. I think it's kind of funny, but insane nonetheless.

Blame Elle, she had me reading the twitter. But the FB pages, I did all on my own. I don't comment because it's one flew over the cuckoo's nest over there.

As much as we fight sometimes over here, we are mostly a sane bunch.

As for you Homer.. better me say it than you. I don't need goatbreath in every sentence.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-21-2017 at 11:22 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is 1 or 2 or 3. But the venom is astounding. However, I will say that even though the subject matter is BuckVie or McBuck, they come into the thread and just start popping off about how angry they are about the new album, or how much of a failure the rest of the band is without Stevie. Or HOW DARE THEY CALL IT BUCKINGHAM/MCVIE it will hurt Stevie's feelings. I think it's kind of funny, but insane nonetheless.

Blame Elle, she had me reading the twitter. But the FB pages, I did all on my own. I don't comment because it's one flew over the cuckoo's nest over there.

As much as we fight sometimes over here, we are mostly a sane bunch.

As for you Homer.. better me say it that you. I don't need goatbreath in every sentence.
Yeah there's always gonna be the few that are over the top, but it's pretty nice to see that most everyone is pretty fine about the whole thing.

I don't join any FB groups though. I heard people talk about the Ivory Keys one that posts all the demos and everything I think those that run it need a couple xanax.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:29 PM

^^^ I actually took screen shots of some of them. I'll post them later.

one reads

"Buckingham/McVie??? Really??? They can be named Fleetwood Mac or 'whatever the f***!! But Buckingham/McVie?? It's like they are plaing a game: How make make more and more upset Stevie Nicks and make it so she decides not to come back."
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^ I actually took screen shots of some of them. I'll post them later.

one reads

"Buckingham/McVie??? Really??? They can be named Fleetwood Mac or 'whatever the f***!! But Buckingham/McVie?? It's like they are plaing a game: How make make more and more upset Stevie Nicks and make it so she decides not to come back."
lol well there's always people like that anywhere you go but i can assure you i check plenty of FM/Stevie twitters and they're fine. some of them were photoshopping christine's head over stevie's body on the BN album cover, i saw somebody's edit (and this person would probably be considered a 'chiffon') got a lot of retweets actually