The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?
The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album. 17 17.35%
They should finish the album without her but let her tour with them. 18 18.37%
They should finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her. 38 38.78%
They should replace her with someone else. 4 4.08%
They should just disband and end Fleetwood Mac. 5 5.10%
They should not record anything new and just tour with Stevie as Fleetwood Mac. 16 16.33%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's going to feel like a total D bag if this album is good. GOD I pray it is.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Watch it flop big time without her.LOL.

Oops I'm kidding.It must be the eggnog in my bran flakes.LOL..............

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Watch it flop big time without her.LOL.

Oops I'm kidding.It must be the eggnog in my bran flakes.LOL..............
As so many have said, even an album with her wouldn't sell much these days. The real stakes are the critical reception and media attention. Given the past reviews of the band, it's likely a CM-LB driven FM record will get high praise. And some of that praise will be at the expense of Stevie, along the lines of "without Stevie, the remaining band are able to collaborate more effectively, etc."... That sort of bit.

Whether or not the album would get larger media attention or be widely acknowledged by fans is another matter--and one I don't think CM or LB care much about. Only Mick seems to want to constantly be ruling the airwaves and raking in maximum dough.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
As so many have said, even an album with her wouldn't sell much these days. The real stakes are the critical reception and media attention. Given the past reviews of the band, it's likely a CM-LB driven FM record will get high praise. And some of that praise will be at the expense of Stevie, along the lines of "without Stevie, the remaining band are able to collaborate more effectively, etc."... That sort of bit.

Whether or not the album would get larger media attention or be widely acknowledged by fans is another matter--and one I don't think CM or LB care much about. Only Mick seems to want to constantly be ruling the airwaves and raking in maximum dough.
I've been following the drama at Viacom, mainly since I'm a subscriber to Playstation Vue, which recently dropped Viacom. About a week after that happened, they fired their CEO, and it was announced today that the president of Viacom's MTV/Comedy Central division, who was responsible for moving the channel away from music, left the company. Anyway, the new CEO said that he felt it was a huge mistake to move MTV away from music and towards reality and scripted shows. That suggests to me that MTV could be headed back to being a music channel again in the very near future.

If Azoff and company play their cards right, Fleetwood Mac could have a marquee event to celebrate the relaunch of MTV as a music network. I don't know if it would do anything for sales, but it couldn't hurt.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-22-2016, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand some people on here. Do you not pay attention to what is going on music industry? Even if Stevie is on the album, it is not going to sale well. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers just had a number one album and it never made it to Gold. That's horrible. Sia's album was number one and had hits on it and it has just been certified Gold. That is not good.

As far as the band wanting to make a ton of money from touring, they are already rich, especially Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey gets extra money from producing. I wish people would quit bringing up money as a factor.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Cover her head with a black sack and kidnap her?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't understand some people on here. Do you not pay attention to what is going on music industry? Even if Stevie is on the album, it is not going to sale well. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers just had a number one album and it never made it to Gold. That's horrible. Sia's album was number one and had hits on it and it has just been certified Gold. That is not good.

As far as the band wanting to make a ton of money from touring, they are already rich, especially Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey gets extra money from producing. I wish people would quit bringing up money as a factor.
So what?! Its not like they need the money. They shouldn't be making an album to sell. They should be making an album to make an album!
Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
So what?! Its not like they need the money. They shouldn't be making an album to sell. They should be making an album to make an album!
uhhh yeah, that is what I said....??????
Old 12-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
This!

And why is there no "Wait until Stevie is ready to complete the album with FM" option?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
This!

And why is there no "Wait until Stevie is ready to complete the album with FM" option?
maybe because they already did that? no reason to try the same thing over and over and expect different results. they waited since 2009. she finally came out and said she does not want to participate and doesn't see any need for another FM album.

i suspect she's been telling them this in private for years now and they didn't want to accept it. looks like they finally did.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Given that Mick, Lindsey, and Christine have all said the same thing about the new music, and that Christine is pretty frank about such projects, I doubt the first scenario you pose. This is nor to say that they are necessarily finished (though according to their timelines they should be).

The second scenario is VERY unlikely. My guess is Stevie hasn't even made an attempt to listen to the new songs. And even if she did and didn't like them, that would not factor into her participation. If FM were her only musical outlet, she'd be on board, if for no other reason than to bring out her own material. But she's got her own thing and a bunch of people letting her do whatever she wants. So, why come back and be subjected to edits and critiques--even though those very things may be necessary or constructive?

What is most likely is she just doesn't want to work with Lindsey and she doesn't have new material. I DO think the sparks from the McVie-Buckingham collaborations are probably scary to her, especially since if she contributed new songs to the Mac record, critics would compare her contributions to theirs and quite possibly find her material wanting. Critics have rarely been kind to her within the context of band studio albums. She may fear that kind of assessment and press at this stage of her life, especially since the last several years on her own have been met with fan and critical acclaim.
BINGO!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
This!

Because they have already waited for years. Michele
Old 12-25-2016, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FLEETWOOD MAC: I Won't Be Waiting Around For You 2017 Tour

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-27-2016, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They should Elvis her.

Elvis has been touring with the Royal Philharmonic Ochestra.
There using film from two of his movies and TV specials to project
onto a screen while the orchestra and band back him up. And from
my understanding it's worked out very well.

This way we could all have the Stevie most of us prefer. Without the
complications she brings. And she'd be forever young.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
They should Elvis her.

Elvis has been touring with the Royal Philharmonic Ochestra.
There using film from two of his movies and TV specials to project
onto a screen while the orchestra and band back him up. And from
my understanding it's worked out very well.

This way we could all have the Stevie most of us prefer. Without the
complications she brings. And she'd be forever young.
Hell, just buy the Mirage DVD. That was all of them at the top of their game, and I still liked her then!

We can ship (no pun intended) them off to the nursing homes where they belong, and enjoy them in their 1982 glory, the way the good lort intended!