Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Registered

Default Comedian Joan Rivers is dead at 81

well she recently said to tavis smiley. she didn't want to go on if she couldn't perform .

they'll never be another woman like her .
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all very terrible news. I wonder what went wrong during her surgery?
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is sad.We lost another TV legend .She was funny and right to the point.Ball busting at a funny way.She says It like it is attitude reminds me of my father and couple of friends . I always enjoyed her on E channel awards pre-shows and her Fashion Police show and her stand up work.

RIP Joan.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 09-04-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
This is all very terrible news. I wonder what went wrong during her surgery?
Thats a good question.

Don't get me started on botched up surgeries.

My mom probably be still alive today if the idiots did not waste the time of three days to figure what happen to her gall bladder after she was rushed to the ER While she was in the ER .She had a stroke and ruin most of her small intestines and had to get them removed .She was 77.

She last about 4 months after she had the operation.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am deeply saddened by Joan's passing. As a long-time Fashion Police "Joan Ranger" Friday nights were made even more special by having a good laugh watching her show. Ive been a fan since she started covering red carpets and felt nobody could do it like her. She made the carpet what it is today. In recent years you could tell her health was declining in the way she walked and talked. Ive been in fear of this day. She was tireless. QVC, Fashion Police, In Bed With Joan, she was on Twitter... for 81, she kept up so well. I feel for her family, co-hosts and her puppies. She was a dazzling bright star and those seem to be the ones that really leave a hole... Love 'em or hate 'em. RIP Joan. Many thanks for all the laughs, many were deeply needed. Friday nights have changed forever.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you haven't seen it, there's a documentary about Joan that I highly recommend.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres some Joan Rivers videos.A tribute.

Classics before she join Fashion Police.

Later vids

Old 09-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for all of those clips, Skip. Really a pleasure. And I second KC's recommendation of the A Piece of Work documentary. It's lovely.

I was always an odd fan of Joan's. I admired her work greatly, but the one-liner format isn't really my sense of humour and I never quite laughed as hard as I wanted to at her jokes. But she did it all, she did it first, and her talent is undeniable. A real loss.

I actually just watched the "Joan" episode of Louie for the first time, about five minutes before finding out she'd passed. It actually ended up being a great sort of final word from her in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAIX7fWsdU
Old 09-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice to see these tributes here. My heart has been aching this past week. I had really hoped she would pull through, so I think it's doubly sad for some reason. I'll miss her for keeping it real and for her AIDS activism. And I will recognize her as a pioneer. RIP Joan Rivers.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What was on her iPod?
Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy RIP Joan

I've never been one who has given a damn about celebrity deaths- after all, I don't know these people. But something about Joan's sudden illness and unexpected death has just put me into a real funk. In her own way, Joan was an advocate for repressed people everywhere. She was a pioneer of making fun of absolutely everything & everyone. In that manner, she showed us how alike we all really are- despite the different headings we use to segregate ourselves.

I think the thing that I lament most about her death is that the woman was just a fierce pitbull. Who is going to call out all of the assholes of the world on their BS now? Nobody is as fearless as Joan, and nobody could get the press' attention like her, either. The world just seems like a darker, more vulnerable place without her in it. Like Sarah Silverman said- she wasn't done yet! I feel like she had so many battles left to fight, so many taboo topics to broach which people really need to talk about. We've definitely lost a giant with her.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've never been one who has given a damn about celebrity deaths- after all, I don't know these people. But something about Joan's sudden illness and unexpected death has just put me into a real funk. In her own way, Joan was an advocate for repressed people everywhere. She was a pioneer of making fun of absolutely everything & everyone. In that manner, she showed us how alike we all really are- despite the different headings we use to segregate ourselves.

I think the thing that I lament most about her death is that the woman was just a fierce pitbull. Who is going to call out all of the assholes of the world on their BS now? Nobody is as fearless as Joan, and nobody could get the press' attention like her, either. The world just seems like a darker, more vulnerable place without her in it. Like Sarah Silverman said- she wasn't done yet! I feel like she had so many battles left to fight, so many taboo topics to broach which people really need to talk about. We've definitely lost a giant with her.
I agree with everything you say here. Thank you.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.