The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham Nicks Tour - if it happens, what would be in the setlist?

So it sounds like both Lindsey and Stevie are open to Buckingham Nicks shows next year.
The album runs under 40 minutes, which would make for a really short set.
What else should they play?

I thought it was great that Tom Petty avoided all Heartbreakers songs when he did his Mudcrutch shows a few years ago; but I kind of doubt Buckingham Nicks can avoid Fleetwood Mac songs.
But wouldn't it be great if they didn't do Go Your Own Way, Big Love, Dreams, and Gold Dust Woman?
It would be a great opportunity to play some songs they haven't played in a long time.
I Don't Want to Know, Angel, Crystal, etc.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My criteria for a BuckinghamNicks set would be only songs whose genesis is pre-75 could be played. so they Could do songs like Sorcerer. The only problem with that is it leaves a lot of material for Stevie to do and not Lindsey since she has tons of songs pre-75 that didn't come out for many years while Lindsey's songs are all basically written and then recorded simultaneously. There's no Lindsey vault So to make thing even I guess Frozen Love will have to have a 30 minute guitar solo.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 PM

They should do tunes from their respective solo careers. Lots to choose from!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the rule should be songs written prior to them joining Fleetwood Mac, even if those songs were eventually released by Fleetwood Mac. No solo songs or songs written while they were in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They would have to play Twisted too. So basically the buckingham nicks album and that.
Not in a gazillion years can I see it happening.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

it will never happen due to the simple fact that stevie for whatever ''lame'' reason won't
go back into her past and do older songs. If anything she would maybe do a very simple version of songs she's comfortable with Rhiannon,ect. Maybe Lindsey would play a more simple loose style but as far as stevie's vocal's I just don't see her moving out of her comfort zone.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it should be limited to the album itself. There's nothing wrong with an hour-long show, and limiting it to BN and material written for BNII (stuff that would be on a bonus disc) should be sufficient.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I'd love for it to be an acousticy type tour. Something small and intimate... maybe 12-14 songs. If so, Landslide and Big Love would undoubtedly be part of the set.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they can have only songs that were either BN 1 or 2 (so that would make tons on SN songs eligible, including Secret Love, Moonlight, and WY, right?) and the rest of the time they can fill in with their old-people-rambling comedy act a la WY intro.

guess poor LB wouldn't have too many songs since his most productive periods as a songwriter came much later. so he will need to carry most of the comedy routine! which could actually work nicely if he has interactive audience.

never gonna happen of course. LB doesn't know how to do a show without NGBA and BL (although he's done without GYOW before!), and SN doesn't seem to know how to do a show without Landslide, Rhiannon (which are both BN anyway), Dreams, or i guess GDW?

or SN can do all her BN-era written songs, while LB can do his newer solo songs? now, that i would go see!!

but good news - no Sara!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I think it should be limited to the album itself. There's nothing wrong with an hour-long show, and limiting it to BN and material written for BNII (stuff that would be on a bonus disc) should be sufficient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'd love for it to be an acousticy type tour. Something small and intimate... maybe 12-14 songs. If so, Landslide and Big Love would undoubtedly be part of the set.
there's tons of stuff wrong with an hr-only show in my book.

LB OMS was only 75-85 mins, but at least there were no 10-mins songs and no long between-songs rambling, and no band intros (since there was no band!). so in that time frame he'd do 13-14.5 songs depending on whether he was doing requests or not. still, that was way too short!

with having SN there, you have 10 mins GDW, 10 mins Sara, 10 mins WY intro and that's already half of your hour! i know many peeps here would seem to be perfectly happy with that, but i don't think that's something to be encouraged! although i guess you all could be happy because you wouldn't see me at the show like that. although hard to believe probably, there are limits to what i'd do to see LB perform, and that would be it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, I would love to dream, but I just don't think it going to happen. Mama's going back to her solo gig asap.
But.....she will leave you...crying in the night....
Maybe Lola can join Linds for a short tour..
I know some of your are thinking but...Don't let me down again...
But Races are run leaving us Without a leg to stand on...
...I think I'm getting the Cathouse blues
Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

bring it full circle...do a bn tour then retire..perfect end to a fairytale story.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
bring it full circle...do a bn tour then retire..perfect end to a fairytale story.
as long as that means only retire from BN or FM, and LB goes back to full-time solo immediately, and indefinitely, i'm good with that. and by immediately i mean 2014.

i'm putting all my faith in SN that she will put an end to all these future BN or FM plans, and fast!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as long as that means only retire from BN or FM, and LB goes back to full-time solo immediately, and indefinitely, i'm good with that. and by immediately i mean 2014.

i'm putting all my faith in SN that she will put an end to all these future BN or FM plans, and fast!
Ha! Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? She was the one insisting per Lindsey they do something for the anniversary and he couldn't see squeezing it into the break.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ha! Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? She was the one insisting per Lindsey they do something for the anniversary and he couldn't see squeezing it into the break.
she was the one who put an end to FM album and FM tour last year and by doing that directly responsible for OMS happening. i count on her to pull something like that in 2014 and Lindsey has to go solo again.