The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Totally agree re: IYD. But for as much as she/others whine about Lindsey overproducing her work, my god, I thought Dave overproduced IYD FAR more than LB ever has with anything. As much as Stevie metaphorically crawls into Dave's lap any chance she gets, I truly think he has to shoulder a fair amount of blame for IYD underperforming.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
Totally agree re: IYD. But for as much as she/others whine about Lindsey overproducing her work, my god, I thought Dave overproduced IYD FAR more than LB ever has with anything. As much as Stevie metaphorically crawls into Dave's lap any chance she gets, I truly think he has to shoulder a fair amount of blame for IYD underperforming.
I think Lindsey sometimes overproduces a lot of his own songs but as for Stevie's, in my opinion, the only songs on Say You Will I think he messed up on was Smile At You which was a really great demo (granted a great, old demo so who knows how it would be years and years later) but not that great of a song. Silver Girl and Say You Will were, in my opinion, just bad songs. Just I don't like the songs, no miracle production/arrangement would've made them good. Illume and EFO and Running through the Garden are fine to me, forgettable, I'll admit but fine. And I loved Thrown Down and Goodbye Baby. I thought the hushed whisper-y singing thing on Goodbye Baby was a nice touch but that might just be me.

I know everyone hates all over When I see You Again from Tango but in my opinion, I love the arrangement on that song. I think it kind of saves the whole thing. It's so pretty. The awful lyrics and 'wassamattababy' are major buzzkills but I think the arrangement is quite beautiful. And Lindsey's solo at the end...just...ah.

As for IYD, I agree. But, I personally have not really liked the production on any of Stevie's solo albums ever since Bella Donna. Wild Heart is okay and after that, I just don't like it. Too cheesy, idk how to describe it and Dave Stewart was no exception. However, I did like For What It's Worth and Annabel Lee and Soldier's Angel, I still listen to those songs sometimes. Everything else, not really. Not like it was bad, just not great. Also, and maybe this is just me, I just found Dave Stewart kind of annoying. Saw too much of him in the videos and everything, it was like overkill.

I've always believed Stevie's best songs came out of her and Lindsey's working together in their peak from the early 70s till Tusk and even onto Mirage a bit.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You need to change your name to Steviefanforever then
Haha!! That's so funny... I spit up some coffe....
Old 12-06-2016, 08:02 PM

I would love a duo album. I think the creativity would be wonderful.

Would love to see them tour like that, as well. They would have so many options. I don't care what they call it. You're artists... you either create, or destroy.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

look, Stevie isn't all rainbows and fairy tales. there's a side to her that's very, very competitive. She founded a record label to produce her own solo stuff for F's sake.... she likes being number one, she likes having successes. She really, really, really dislikes failure or what feels like "failure" to her. She probably feels Lindsey's solo work has been a "failure" coz it didn't match the numbers hers did. Putting out an album and not having it sell well feels like a "failure" to her. Selling out arenas feels like "WINNING" to her. Being feted as a "legend" feels very much like "winning" to her. She wants to be winning all the time. Having an album that doesn't chart very well is not, to her, winning, even if that is in fact the state of the industry for most artists who aren't Adele or Beyonce. Her comfort zone is winning. She will stay in the arena where she can "win" and be ahead of a most other artists,(or at least on par with younger acts and therefore "relevant"), and that's in touring and selling seats. Not making albums. In which case, FM should say, bye Felicia and do the album without her and tour it. without her. If they end up coming back for CashGrab 2018 so be it.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point the other four need to just go ahead without her and release an album. I know they probably want to avoid conflict with her at this stage in the game, but who cares? She doesn't want to be a part of it, and so be it. It's ridiculous. I just hope she never has the gall to ring Lindsey up in the future for help on one of her solo projects again.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'll have your ticket, Skip. Thanks

No doubts it's partly about power, but not entirely. Reading between the lines of everything that's been intimated it sounds as if they've already bent over backwards and ceded to her in order to get her to agree to record. I dont think she's holding out- I think she's genuine, hence her decision to extend her tour. I had held some hope by the start of the new year she'd be all FM, but nope. I'm all up for a foursome (oo'er) but I'd even hope they pushed it back in her face by bringing in a new member (not gonna happen).

Tango was an anomaly as one third of the songwriting team wasn't present for the tour. To make up for it there were plenty of older songs that were brought in so at least the setlist was fresh. The Dance tour wasn't on the back of a full album but still had new songs. Additionally there were other rarely played songs such as Farmers Daughter and Go Insane. The FM Live tour in 2013 also wasnt on the back of a full album. However, they did play half of the EP material (rather glad they didnt play the rest).
Yea .If I get one.LOL........

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and that's ok.

same thing as i skip Stevie solo tours as she is boring to me even in the FM context.

there will always be a FM 5 tour in 2018 for anybody who wants to see all 5.
I guess we are even.LOL....I have not or skipped on seeing Lindsey play solo.But I would like atlease see one show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You need to change your name to Steviefanforever then

I agree and like to.But I picked the screen name to stay neutral and do like them all.I think the Steviefanforever is or was already taken back then. Stevie brought me to the band 40 years ago.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-07-2016, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
look, Stevie isn't all rainbows and fairy tales. there's a side to her that's very, very competitive. She founded a record label to produce her own solo stuff for F's sake.... she likes being number one, she likes having successes. She really, really, really dislikes failure or what feels like "failure" to her. She probably feels Lindsey's solo work has been a "failure" coz it didn't match the numbers hers did. Putting out an album and not having it sell well feels like a "failure" to her. Selling out arenas feels like "WINNING" to her. Being feted as a "legend" feels very much like "winning" to her. She wants to be winning all the time. Having an album that doesn't chart very well is not, to her, winning, even if that is in fact the state of the industry for most artists who aren't Adele or Beyonce. Her comfort zone is winning. She will stay in the arena where she can "win" and be ahead of a most other artists,(or at least on par with younger acts and therefore "relevant"), and that's in touring and selling seats. Not making albums. In which case, FM should say, bye Felicia and do the album without her and tour it. without her. If they end up coming back for CashGrab 2018 so be it.
This entire post confirms my belief that she's a delusional idiot.

She has her own belief set of 30yo ideas, from which she can't veer.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No matter how one feels about Stevie,
wouldn't a new album without her be
more interesting?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I asked a friend of mine what she thought of Stevie Nicks (she doesn't listen to FMac or Stevie on a regular basis, just loves rock music) and she replied. "Stevie is very popular, she is kind of like the Rosanne Barr of Rock and Roll."

I thought that was funny.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No matter how one feels about Stevie,
wouldn't a new album without her be
more interesting?
Less nasal and less demos..
Old 12-07-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
At this point the other four need to just go ahead without her and release an album. I know they probably want to avoid conflict with her at this stage in the game, but who cares? She doesn't want to be a part of it, and so be it. It's ridiculous. I just hope she never has the gall to ring Lindsey up in the future for help on one of her solo projects again.
Wow, what a great point. I like her honesty this time. She at least has the decency to be honest about her feelings and throw her whole band under the bus with her quote about them doing an album without her. She basically dared them. (subtext in this band is everything)

Right Michelle?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be totally ok with another Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie. They were ALL without Stevie before '75, so let's go 4 piece again and see how it goes. Her ego really blows my mind, she has no confidence in them as a recording unit and it's so overblown to have to waste an entire year just to record 3 or 4 songs, and sing backgrounds on a few others. They could send each other tapes in the mail. I mean, c'mon.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't been following the ins-and-outs of what they have been saying in the press as closely as I used to but I'm pretty shocked at Stevie's reaction. Sure, she doesn't owe them anything at this stage but I think it's pretty disrespectful to Christine to have held things up for so long. Christine came back and seems to have all this creative energy and then can't do anything with it. If I were Christine, I'd be pissed at losing so much time waiting around. After all those years of "I wish Chris was back" she can't even bring herself to actually record with her! With her friend! Pretty appalling.

I hope they tell her (politely): thanks for your service over the years, you added a lot to the legacy of Fleetwood Mac, but we are a creative band that wants to continue building our legacy. It's a shame you don't want that... but that is your choice. Call us back if you'd like to be part of a creative project. Now, we're off to the studio, where we were having so much creative fun.

Here's to 2017 and a McVie/Buckingham co-written album
Old 12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
\

I hope they tell her (politely): :
a joint press conference , low lights - candle - incense and the 5 joining arms and singing Kumbaya