Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

A full band version of Big Love would be difficult to pull off. So much of the song is computer generated with ooo's ahhhs' and grunts. They would have to bring in a drum machine to get that sound too. Lots of Lindsey creativity with a soundboard with the song. I would love to hear his electric guitar parts live because those are really good. However its a song that would be really hard to do live. I believe that is the reason Lindsey developed his stripped guitar version to do in concert. Of course they could do it, but it would not sound very much like the record (which could be a good thing).

I hope we FINALLY get a live version of Isn't it Midnight in the set. It would make a great opener too.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-28-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Old 12-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
A full band version of Big Love would be difficult to pull off. So much of the song is computer generated with ooo's ahhhs' and grunts. They would have to bring in a drum machine to get that sound too. Lots of Lindsey creativity with a soundboard with the song. I would love to hear his electric guitar parts live because those are really good. However its a song that would be really hard to do live. I believe that is the reason Lindsey developed his stripped guitar version to do in concert. Of course they could do it, but it would not sound very much like the record (which could be a good thing).

I hope we FINALLY get a live version of Isn't it Midnight in the set. It would make a great opener too.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. It wouldn't sound exactly like the record- but who would want that anyway??? They'd just need to find the right arrangement. No need for a drum machine.
Plenty of vocalists available for love grunts- Lindsey, Stevie, Chris, Neale, Brett, backing singers... enough for a full on orgy of grunts... blimey.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 12-28-2017 at 12:49 PM..
Old 12-28-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. It wouldn't sound exactly like the record- but who would want that anyway??? They'd just need to find the right arrangement. No need for a drum machine.
Plenty of vocalists available for love grunts- Lindsey, Stevie, Chris, Neale, Brett, backing singers... enough for a full on orgy of grunts... blimey.

Agreed.. they could cover it easily with all the blimey people on stage, indeed!!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do NOT want to hear....Big Love or Never going back again, they both make me cringe.
Stevie has to wear something different, at least with some colour and ditch the stupid corset.

And no idiotic false affectionate holding hands etc.

Christine well she’s almost perfect as we know, but no more makeovers....
Old 12-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i do not want to hear Dreams, Rhiannon, Big Love, NGBA, Sara, Over My Head or Gypsy ever again. i do not want to suffer through a cringe-worthy after-GDW "dance" ever again.

then again, i would love for their "big setlist overhaul" to be nothing but the usual one-song-per-songwriter change-up (or possibly 2 per songwriter - can you imagine?? ), with their "deep cuts" being something that was played every few tours but not during the most recent one (Not That Funny or I Know I'm Not Wrong alternating as deep cuts for Lindsey, for example). because, if that's the case, in the same year when FM will be touring with exorbitant prices i can enjoy intimate but rocking Lindsey's solo tour hearing new songs and rarities but still enough Fleetwood Mac hits to hold the attention of casuals, and there will be nothing to tempt me to go see the expensive always the same Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits IV in the row tour.

if they in fact do some really radical changes, Lindsey plays Walk A Thin Line, some of his SYW songs or What Makes You Think, or they play some of the BuckVie songs (especially the 2 they didn't do live this year), then it will become really hard for me to skip FM tour. so i hope that doesn't happen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You're right. They also could bring the karoke machine and sing to the track
I hate Big Love at every level. Its one of the cheesiest songs that anyone ever wrote. It would actually be funny to watch them try to perform it as a full band

I love Mick's idea of performing a Buckingham/Nicks track and one early McVie (pre Nicks era) tune.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Something besides the layers of curtains.

I'm so sick of her clothes. There - I said it.
this isn't just to you, it's a general statement-- she'll be 70 in 2018 FFS. I don't really get too excited about wtf she wears. Would it be nice for her to mix it up? Totally. But at 70, the fact that she deals with all the makeup and hair etc necessary to go out onstage and look lovely and to sing her songs, is enough. I'd prefer to see Lindsey in something other than the same ratty jeans and tee shirts with the stretched out necks but, ain't gonna happen. I can't lose sleep over it. I'd like to see John in something different in an ideal world, but ain't gonna happen. Mick without a vest and balls? But it ain't gonna happen.

Pick your battles people. The composition of the setlist and the use of karaoke machines is of far more consequence and concern.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Pick your battles people. The composition of the setlist and the use of karaoke machines is of far more consequence and concern.
A Freaking Men

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whilst some of us are talking about clothing...👖👖👖
I do not want to see Lindsey in skin tight jeans manky old tee shirt and battered leather....

(John can stay as he is cos he’s lovely)
Old 12-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...she'll be 70 in 2018 FFS. I don't really get too excited about wtf she wears. Would it be nice for her to mix it up? Totally. But at 70, the fact that she deals with all the makeup and hair etc necessary to go out onstage and look lovely and to sing her songs, is enough.

I'd prefer to see Lindsey in something other than the same ratty jeans and tee shirts with the stretched out necks but, ain't gonna happen. I can't lose sleep over...

Count me in as far as not getting excited over
what she wears. I just think she'd look better
without the layer upon layer of clothing. It does
her figure no favors to put it mildly. That was
really my point.

Her makeup...while not exactly something I know
much about, why on earth tour after tour does her
eye makeup look horrible? Maybe it's Barry's fault.

Yes, Lindsey also needs a makeover. At least
get rid of the skinny jeans. It's embarrassing!

Picking my battles wisely means I don't even fight
against the stale setlist.

2018, I want to be a fan of them in the present
time. But just like I do Elvis, I sit and wait for
them to re-release old albums hoping they'll include
some rare song or outtake. Elvis left us forty years
ago. It seems Fleetwood Mac did the same.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 AM

Christine and Mick are by far the best dressers. She makes herself look tall and slender. Beautiful scarfs, wonderful pants, necklaces that accent her shine.

Shoes: Sometimes I want to rip them off of her. But she's going to be 75. And I think Stevie doesn't want to look so short so Christine wears flats.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine and Mick are by far the best dressers. She makes herself look tall and slender. Beautiful scarfs, wonderful pants, necklaces that accent her shine.

Shoes: Sometimes I want to rip them off of her. But she's going to be 75. And I think Stevie doesn't want to look so short so Christine wears flats.
I doubt Chris chooses her footwear because of Stevie.

She just wants to be comfortable. At least what she wears now has some flair to it, and a bit of a platform to her sparkly sneakers. She was wearing horrible ratty ballet flats when she first came back into the band, along with that awful hair clip!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I doubt Chris chooses her footwear because of Stevie.

She just wants to be comfortable. At least what she wears now has some flair to it, and a bit of a platform to her sparkly sneakers. She was wearing horrible ratty ballet flats when she first came back into the band, along with that awful hair clip!
I think in photos they might actually consider how short Stevie. The one 2014 photo they have her up on a ledge. lol

Those ratty ballet flats were the worst!
Old 12-31-2017, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I may be one of the few FM fans who love and enjoy every single concert song. Will I get tired eventually? Probably.
Would I love some new additions on the setlist? Yes, especially Isn't it Midnight, Fireflies, Farmers Daughter, and I think we have a good chance this time if Mick and Stevie have been talking about it but if at the end they decide to do the same setlist from the 2014-2015 tour, I'll anyway go to as many shows as posible, and dance and sing every song like I always do.

Their outfits are their trademarks, it's who they are. It won't change and I'm ok with it. I love them the way they aaaaaaaareeeeeeee.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I may be one of the few FM fans who love and enjoy every single concert song. Will I get tired eventually?

Their outfits are their trademarks, it's who they are. It won't change and I'm ok with it. I love them the way they aaaaaaaareeeeeeee.
That's because you're very new to their game, compared to most of us here. Ride that sh*t since you were 11yo, and get back to me.

I understand that they're trademarks, but it also becomes PATHETIC at a point, that "we can't change ANYTHING, or they won't love us". That's not an artist. That's a whore.