Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Bob's 'Three Hearts' re-issue

Hi there,

Has anyone picked up a copy of the 'Three Hearts' reissue?
Any thoughts on the sound quality, packaging, etc.?
What are the bonus tracks?

I'm hoping to order it soon.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2003, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got this CD a few days ago. The sound is good, it was remastered. The packaging is the same as the Capitol released CD. I only got the regular CD, but there is a limited edition release which is numbered and has Bob's signature on the front cover. The bonus tracks are an alternate version of 3 Hearts, Une Fille Comme Toi(this is the French version of Precious Love) & Something Strong(the B side of the Precious Love single). I would strongly recommend this CD. The original Capitol CD release of this album was very hard to find. This CD is very inexpensive. I paid just $9.48. And, the Limited Edition is about $3.00 more. Since I already had the original Capitol release, I mainly got this for "Something Strong", which I had never heard. In my opinion, this song was good enough to make the original album. Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

The French PL is fun but, and I'll have to listen to it more to say for sure as I've only heard it the once so far (as I just got mine in the mail today), it sounds like the "alternate" 3H track is just a remix, not really a different version, less echo or something and it sounds like they screwed around with the mix on SS as well, I wish they could just leave it alone, they'd save themselves lots of work if they just put the extra tracks on there and just left it the way it was originally on the B side or whatever.

So, all in all it's OK I guess but to me there's a big difference between a different VERSION of a song and a different MIX, I just wish they were as clear in their promo stuff about these things, oh well!

John
Old 05-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info and comments, MacFan & John.

I need to get this CD ordered ASAP!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok...bottom line.

If I already have an mp3 of "Something Strong" AND the original CD release, other than for "completist retentiveness", is this CD really worth getting? Are there additional liner notes regarding the bonus tracks, etc?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

No, there's no "extra" liner notes, just the lyrics etc. that were already in the vinyl album version albeit with a black/brown background instead of white etc.

The only "borderline" one I'm keeping it for is the French PL but even then, I'm swithering.

John
Old 05-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Ok...bottom line.

If I already have an mp3 of "Something Strong" AND the original CD release, other than for "completist retentiveness", is this CD really worth getting? Are there additional liner notes regarding the bonus tracks, etc?
In my opinion, No. There aren't even any lyrics in the CD booklet for the bonus tracks. The liner notes are the same as the original CD release.