User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
If Chris had played it on her Fender Rhodes with her touch and depth, it would have been the best song he wrote since Tusk. But Hey! She did not.
Awww. Maybe that can be fixed, some day. Michele
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I don't mind it because most people have never heard Show You How, so it's not like he came and stole from GYOW. I don't care if the 3 people who know Show You How see the similarities, because most FM fans will have no idea.
Funny you should say that. I kinda thought he thought the same thing and took advantage of it.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish he went back there.
he will. as soon as he's done with FM phase. maybe he wants some lightweightness for a change?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Funny you should say that. I kinda thought he thought the same thing and took advantage of it.
I know. Mick, John and Stevie have no idea, because they never listened to UTS either.

Michele
Old 05-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's beautiful. I like the lyrics a lot. Don't like the fact that he borrows from show you how, But besides that, it has a deep quality, reflection seldom heard. If Chris had played it on her Fender Rhodes with her touch and depth, it would have been the best song he wrote since Tusk. But Hey! She did not.
i don't think it would be the best song he wrote since Tusk, not by a long shot, and i don't really believe you do either. but, i agree that better piano player would add something to the song. although would probably take away some of the vulnerability and reflection...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care if the 3 people who know Show You How see the similarities, because most FM fans will have no idea.
excuse me, but I resemble that remark......
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does the piano remind me of "Wild Horses"?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think it would be the best song he wrote since Tusk, not by a long shot,
I agree, but no hyperbole here: I really do think that Show You How is one of Lindsey's top 5 songs.

Michele
Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All of Lindsey's songs are solo songs. I see him as being a member of FM mainly through his work on other people's songs.
^ this........
Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he will. as soon as he's done with FM phase. maybe he wants some lightweightness for a change?
I don't know. he never went back to the fabulous analogue recording sound from Tusk. Lightweight can be fab and deep. Like TAFE, or BTLH. Or even Underground. Sad Angel is Lightweight too, and I love it. I just can't stand that he builds a perfect ending live on his Turner, and nothing else from it is there on the studioversion. And then that obnoxious fade out. Such a Shame.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't think it would be the best song he wrote since Tusk, not by a long shot, and i don't really believe you do either. but, i agree that better piano player would add something to the song. although would probably take away some of the vulnerability and reflection...
Bull. It would have gained reflection from it. Hey, I'm not talking crap here. It's a gorgeous song. And on ALL lindseyrecordings since Tusk I miss the warmth. Chris could add that. Period.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love It Takes Time! I honestly can't say which song is my favourite on the album, though.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lightweight can be fab and deep. Like TAFE, or BTLH. Or even Underground. Sad Angel is Lightweight too, and I love it. I just can't stand that he builds a perfect ending live on his Turner, and nothing else from it is there on the studioversion. And then that obnoxious fade out. Such a Shame.
but then he builds a perfect outro on Rock Away Blind and there's nothing left of it on the live version (granted it was not a legit part of his set but still). so i guess there are examples in either direction.

lol, well you may remember i severely dislike TAFE. not sure that BTLH is completely lightweight in my book. love Underground.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bumping this thread....

So I was listening to this tune and was blown away at how beautiful it is, and how heartfelt Lindsey's message to Stevie is and was compelled to search for a thread. Reading back on this thread made me sad, as the way we were all interacting and the general discourse of this board was so much more enjoyable. Not only that, the way we spoke of Lindsey and how much he contributed and emotionally put into this band, for us the fans. That has been completely forgotten by some of us around here, and the band for that fact.