The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great News! The Very Best of has just been certified 6xPlatinum in the U.K. for sales in excess of 1.8 million. I have to say, I never go into a store where they don't have a copy and it's clearly a huge seller here in the U.K.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New Certification. Little Lies has just been certified Silver in the U.K. for sales in excess of 200,000 copies.

This follows the Gold certifications of Everywhere and Go Your Own Way and the Silver certifications of Dreams and The Chain.

This means that in just over 2 years, Fleetwood Mac has gained over 1.4 million sales worth of single certifications which is fantastic!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
New Certification. Little Lies has just been certified Silver in the U.K. for sales in excess of 200,000 copies.

This follows the Gold certifications of Everywhere and Go Your Own Way and the Silver certifications of Dreams and The Chain.

This means that in just over 2 years, Fleetwood Mac has gained over 1.4 million sales worth of single certifications which is fantastic!
Wow, that is kind of amazing.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great News! The Very Best of has just been certified 6xPlatinum in the U.K. for sales in excess of 1.8 million. I have to say, I never go into a store where they don't have a copy and it's clearly a huge seller here in the U.K.
You guys have record stores? I live in California, and wouldn't even begin to know where to go to find a record store.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On a recent visit to San Francisco, I discovered the best record store I've ever been to - Amoeba Records. with a huge selection of vinyl (both used and new), CDs, video (mostly DVDs and Blu-Ray with some VHS as well). They also have a location in LA.

https://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/

Old 03-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
On a recent visit to San Francisco, I discovered the best record store I've ever been to - Amoeba Records. with a huge selection of vinyl (both used and new), CDs, video (mostly DVDs and Blu-Ray with some VHS as well). They also have a location in LA.

https://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/
There's something special about losing yourself in a record store.
I love Amoeba.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You guys have record stores? I live in California, and wouldn't even begin to know where to go to find a record store.
I live in California as well and can steer you towards a record store and even book stores that aren't Barnes & Noble.

But when I first moved out here, Tower Records was so big on Ventura Blvd., that it had to open an annex across the street. It was a crazy and wonderful surplus of riches.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-13-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I live in California as well and can steer you towards a record store and even book stores that aren't Barnes & Noble.

But when I first moved out here, Tower Records was so big on Ventura Blvd., that it had to open an annex across the street. It was a crazy and wonderful, surplus of riches.

Michele
I remember that Tower. Oh how I miss those day.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way has gone Platinum for sales in excess of 600,000. This follows the Gold certification of The Chain back in June for selling in excess of 400,000. The Mac's catalogue is really selling strong and these certifications are coming thick and fast.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Ledgie

Default Silver BPI Certification for Buckingham McVie

Woot! Woot! Search up Buckingham McVie on this link, so you could see their Silver certification for their album.

https://www.bpi.co.uk/bpi-awards/

I was looking at their Wikipedia page to find this out, and it seems like a fan wrote it. Nonetheless, I liked that picture used from the tour on the page. Apparently, it means they sold at least 60,000 units in the UK.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Woot! Woot! Search up Buckingham McVie on this link, so you could see their Silver certification for their album.

https://www.bpi.co.uk/bpi-awards/

I was looking at their Wikipedia page to find this out, and it seems like a fan wrote it. Nonetheless, I liked that picture used from the tour on the page. Apparently, it means they sold at least 60,000 units in the UK.
very very cool, thanks for digging that out!

they should really tour the UK if they do another BuckVie album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And they keep on coming! Everywhere has just been certified Platinum for sales in excess of 600,000. SERIOUSLY impressive. This closely follows Go Your Own Way .
Old 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And they keep on coming! Everywhere has just been certified Platinum for sales in excess of 600,000. SERIOUSLY impressive. This closely follows Go Your Own Way .
Understandably so. Such a catchy tune from Christine. My favorite FM song of hers on the BuckVie Tour. I had to shout out a CHRISTINE McVIE to show my appreciation, for the song, and the woman!!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dreams is now Gold for sales in excess of 400,000!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for all the updates. Any records reveal how much Buckingham/McVie has sold in the USA?