Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile FYI - The shows tonight & Sunday

According to the DJ on a local, classic rock radio station around here, The Borgata show for the Mac is sold out, but I believe there's only room for 7,000 or so people, something like that. He says there are still tickets available for the Camden, NJ, show, but I don't know the location of these tickets, could be lawn left for all I know. Anyway, I won't be attending either show, but those who are, have fun, be safe & let us know how everything went.

Lee
Old 09-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Last 3 shows

I'm going to Camden, and saw on Ticketmaster this a.m. Section 100 Row B, seats 1 & 2, which makes them about 9th row - for $95 each. Would love to hear about tonight before I leave tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlantic City

Ticketmaster has tickets for Altantic City
section b row 23
Old 09-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Tweeter hosts Toby Keith one night, F. M. the next

That was the headline in our local newspaper under Nightlife. This is the little write-up:

"A Favorite of the Democrats, Fleetwood Mac play a make-up date Sunday at 8 p.m. at the Tweeter. Tickets are $95, $75, $55, & $35, and all tickets from the scuttled June 3 show will be honored. Still sans Christina McVie (yep, they called her Christina), the Mac retains four-fifths of it '70s heyday roster: Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. So while McVie's pretty "Over My Head", Say You Love Me" and "Hold Me" will be missed, edgier favorites "Go Your Own Way", "The Chain", "Landslide", "Rhiannon" and "Don't Stop" (the theme song of the Clinton years) are still a go. Call 984-2000 or go to www.ticketmaster.com."

Who writes this stuff?

Lee
Old 09-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, someone just called me during GDW. Sounds damn good. Extra long wail. Nice. Four more days.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I so wish I were there right now. For those of you attending the shows, please give lots of reports. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let the games begin....
So what do you think.. Any thing new??? Songs?? Style??

Well have about an hour before we get our first review... So what do you guys think???
Old 09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting really freaking impatient here. Would someone who was at the borgata get your ass in here and tell us stuff so I can go to bed. And believe me I have a great reason to be irritable and angry, I was proably inches away from attending this show, so that's a dissapointment far worse then a song getting voted out of Survivor. So I was forced to not attend this show, the least I can get is a freaking review telling me what I missed.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Let the games begin....
So what do you think.. Any thing new??? Songs?? Style??

Well have about an hour before we get our first review... So what do you guys think???
Heard from a couple people who went: there were no setlist changes.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fab

No set changes but let me say it was the best Mac/Stevie show I have EVER seen. Stevie was beyond on and adlibbed all kinds of crazy sh@@ and the GDW wail? llllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggg, with head thrown back, freaking intense. When she flipped her head back up, her hair whipped over her face and she looked wild. Her eyes were so into the show, she smiled the whole, and I mean whole.... time. Many new gestures and dances.....she was just superb.
Lindsey was excellent as usual. He seemed so happy to be back performing again but he had alot of guitar problems. That rattled him often, which sucked. They were so bad on NGBA many people did not know what he was playing at first.

The stage set up sucked too....there was a barrier preventing the front row from getting up to the stage and during GYOW poor Lindsey laid down on his belly and leaned aaalllll the way out for one long armed person to strum his guitar. Stevie clucked like a Mother hen while he was doing this, worried he would be pulled off the stage, I suspect, as the guitar strap was still around his neck.

Like I said, best show out of 12 SYW's and all the TISL's....Stevie was absolutely beaming. She could not have been happier and that was heartwarming to see. Landslide was really good, the whole audience sang as usual but Stevie stopped in the middle and smiled and said "great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just great" while directing us with her hands. This was the most thrilled I have seen her at the Landslide singalong. She even mentioned it again at the very end of the show. Say Goodbye was SAD. SAD. SAD.
Quite a long, detailed, and different speech and the last lines were spoken very slowly and quietly instead of him singing them. Emotional, very emotional. Tenfold more than normal. Cute pinky waves at the end for all who care.
I will let others post a full review and if I think of anything else, I will add. What an incredible show last night, unfreaking believable. I realize I went on alot about Stevie in this review but she was just so different last night. Lindsey is always fabulous and got alot of love from the ladie's, which he ate up wholeheartedly. OOOHH, Red Rover was superb, but no speech beforehand and a few guitar problems. I love Lindsey!!

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey

Last edited by Kelly; 09-11-2004 at 07:48 AM..
Old 09-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
No set changes but let me say it was the best Mac/Stevie show I have EVER seen. Stevie was beyond on and adlibbed all kinds of crazy sh@@ and the GDW wail? llllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggg, with head thrown back, freaking intense. When she flipped her head back up, her hair whipped over her face and she looked wild. Her eyes were so into the show, she smiled the whole, and I mean whole.... time. Many new gestures and dances.....she was just superb.
Lindsey was excellent as usual. He seemed so happy to be back performing again but he had alot of guitar problems. That rattled him often, which sucked. They were so bad on NGBA many people did not know what he was playing at first.

The stage set up sucked too....there was a barrier preventing the front row from getting up to the stage and during GYOW poor Lindsey laid down on his belly and leaned aaalllll the way out for one long armed person to strum his guitar. Stevie clucked like a Mother hen while he was doing this, worried he would be pulled off the stage, I suspect, as the guitar strap was still around his neck.

Like I said, best show out of 12 SYW's and all the TISL's....Stevie was absolutely beaming. She could not have been happier and that was heartwarming to see. Landslide was really good, the whole audience sang as usual but Stevie stopped in the middle and smiled and said "great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just great" while directing us with her hands. This was the most thrilled I have seen her at the Landslide singalong. She even mentioned it again at the very end of the show. Say Goodbye was SAD. SAD. SAD.
Quite a long, detailed, and different speech and the last lines were spoken very slowly and quietly instead of him singing them. Emotional, very emotional. Tenfold more than normal. Cute pinky waves at the end for all who care.
I will let others post a full review and if I think of anything else, I will add. What an incredible show last night, unfreaking believable. I realize I went on alot about Stevie in this review but she was just so different last night. Lindsey is always fabulous and got alot of love from the ladie's, which he ate up wholeheartedly. OOOHH, Red Rover was superb, but no speech beforehand and a few guitar problems. I love Lindsey!!
New gestures and dances?!!! sooooo awesome..I'm glad you had such a great time, and am of course insanely jealous It's nice that all the people seeing these shows get to see stevie et al rested...sounds like it did her well
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Say you will (lend me more gambling money!)

Fantastic show! My third SYW tour show, and the first where I was close on the floor (of course EVERYONE was on the floor at this particular one!).

Everyone seemed really on target - except for the equipment! Yeah, Lindseys' guitars were off a lot, unfortunately. Say Goodbye was particularly off because of this, and you could tell he was getting ticked. During Landslide, he was downright peeved - Stevie was really happy with the crowd sing along (which was awesome) but Lindsey was just trying not to shake his head in disgust of the guitar sound. Still, though, very nice job by both. Also, Mick's mic was off during his drum solo, which was pretty hilarious, because he didn't really seem to mind. We got a lot of 'I wanna know... ARE Y-- ----- MAAAAYYY....' and 'Are y-- --- for so--- --- PANKAAAAYY....'. Funny stuff.

"Red Rover" - shocked they pulled that song off so well live. I avoided hearing bootlegs until I saw it live.
"I Know I'm not Wrong" - AWESOME. Didn't expect the jam at the end. So much fun.
"Stand Back" - JUST as the crowd's sitting down in boredom of the drum intro, it kicks in and BOOM they're back up on their feet 5 seconds later. Love it.
"Go Your Own Way" - entire field singing along to that great harmony. Chills

One thing I noticed about this that I never did before - I'm not sure if it's because of the way the stage was set up or not. But during "Come" they had the back-up drummer's silhoutte up on the right wall, so you could watch him rock the HELL out of the song. (- did they always do that? reminded me of Blue Man Group!) Totally awesome performance there.

The crowd got on my nerves at certain parts - this one jackass shouted out "Is it OVER yet?" during Say Goodbye and Lindsey/Stevie had to have heard it. Also, everyone kept sitting down when Lindsey's songs started up. Then Stevie comes out and does a twirl and suddenly it's a standing ovation. Drove me crazy :-) Haha, but that's okay, that's how it goes.

Anyhoo, awesome show. My mom totally cleaned up at the Hilton, walked away with $1800 when she started with $60. I, however, learned that the new Garfield slot machines SUCK and lost half a week's pay. But still - worth the trip :-D

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 09-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tomorrow, Camden, I AM THERE!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Say hi to me! No one ever does