User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
hear hear

Christine has way too much going on to bother with the internet, from what I remember reading.
She's riding around on her motor scooter while Dougal and George chase her around...
Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
She does have a lap top or at least a couple of years ago she did.
I don't think she would bother with this board. she's retired now and not in the public eye so I doubt she cares what we say although I for one think she is truly wonderful human being (just in case )
If she does read The Ledge I bet she's aware that you are her number one fan.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Carol Ann and Christine are hardly in the same league. Christine is what 66? She probably doesn't even own a computer. I'm sure her manager does, but hardly the same thing.
Although I agree with your point, I'd like to disagree with your assumption that someone 66 years old wouldn't have a computer. That assumption is discriminatory, and not at all accurate.

Computers have been in common household use for at least a couple of decades so there must be plenty of people in their 60s and older who have had them for a long time.

Additionally, there are so many resources on line these days, many "seniors" are taking up computer use. It's not like using a computer is hard. I personally have a number of relatives in their 70s who keep in touch with the family using email.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Although I agree with your point, I'd like to disagree with your assumption that someone 66 years old wouldn't have a computer. That assumption is discriminatory, and not at all accurate.

Computers have been in common household use for at least a couple of decades so there must be plenty of people in their 60s and older who have had them for a long time.

Additionally, there are so many resources on line these days, many "seniors" are taking up computer use. It's not like using a computer is hard. I personally have a number of relatives in their 70s who keep in touch with the family using email.
You misunderstood me. I never got the impression Christine was at all interested in technology etc., and I doubt at 66 she's going to start now. Of course I know people in their 60's and older use computers, but when you're fabulously wealthy and slightly eccentric I don't think the odds are too high.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, she has a computer because she talked about exchanging the occasional email with Stevie and John.

Of course, maybe email is all she does.

Michele
Old 08-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You misunderstood me. I never got the impression Christine was at all interested in technology etc., and I doubt at 66 she's going to start now. Of course I know people in their 60's and older use computers, but when you're fabulously wealthy and slightly eccentric I don't think the odds are too high.
I've never had the impression that she's eccentric, slightly or otherwise. Ken Caillat said that he had to leave the room while her dogs ate but that's about it. of all the FM members she strikes me as being the most grounded (except perhaps for John)

Gail
Old 08-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no doubt a 66 year old woman can and probably does use her computer frequently. But like the rest of us, Christine probably only bothers herself with those things that matter to her. I can't imagine a fansite would be of much interest to her at this stage in her life. Maybe once in a while she'll take a peak, who knows...

But if you are reading this, Christine, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There's no doubt a 66 year old woman can and probably does use her computer frequently. But like the rest of us, Christine probably only bothers herself with those things that matter to her. I can't imagine a fansite would be of much interest to her at this stage in her life. Maybe once in a while she'll take a peak, who knows...

But if you are reading this, Christine, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh, this is what I am trying to say. I think Christine, like Stevie (I know how dare I), has someone like Karen who handles all the computer stuff, tells her about sites perhaps, answers the occasional email for her, etc. I just don't picture her as the type to actually log on and surf the internet for whatever reason. This does not mean I think everyone who is 66 and older is incapable of this. I am talking about Christine specifically. I also think as she has gotten older she has become more eccentric, and no, I don't think she is anywhere as near as grounded as John. I come to this opinion, and really folks this is all speculation on all our parts, from what has been said about her in recent years. This does not mean I think she's a bad or odd person. She can afford to do what she wants and she should.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am talking about Christine specifically. I also think as she has gotten older she has become more eccentric, and no, I don't think she is anywhere as near as grounded as John. I come to this opinion, and really folks this is all speculation on all our parts, from what has been said about her in recent years. This does not mean I think she's a bad or odd person. She can afford to do what she wants and she should.
In terms of her being eccentric what has been said about her in recent years? I'm not trying to pick a fight here I just don't remember there being anthing said that made me think she is eccentric.

Gail
Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got the impression (or vibe) she just wants to be left alone by what the other bandmembers have said, like she doesn't even want to talk to them anymore, not just the not wanting to tour and record with them which is perfectly understandable. Of course Ken's comments also add to this impression. She seems rather isolated to me. I probably should have said that rather than eccentric which is a loaded word. I hope that's not the case. Perhaps she's a social butterfly, but doesn't want to have anything to do with the Rumours people anymore.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
I got the impression (or vibe) she just wants to be left alone by what the other bandmembers have said, like she doesn't even want to talk to them anymore, not just the not wanting to tour and record with them which is perfectly understandable. Of course Ken's comments also add to this impression. She seems rather isolated to me. I probably should have said that rather than eccentric which is a loaded word. I hope that's not the case. Perhaps she's a social butterfly, but doesn't want to have anything to do with the Rumours people anymore.
Aha! You're so creative, Christine. Trying to post under the name "Erin". We know it's you, stop being so silly!
Old 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Foiled again! Blast!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Carol Ann and Christine are hardly in the same league. Christine is what 66? She probably doesn't even own a computer. I'm sure her manager does, but hardly the same thing.

Additionally, why are you so defensive? Who really cares? In the off chance she is reading this, it's not like you will ever find out about it.
Oh I was not being 'defensive' at all. I was just making 'statements' here just like everyone else... But what does get me 'defensive' sometimes on here when fans throw around 'statements' about the band members, trying to make them sound as true facts (as if their opinion or statements are law), like as if they are sitting right next to the band member... and personally I could care less who reads these boards... Not being defensive, just making a statement...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 08-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She's riding around on her motor scooter while Dougal and George chase her around...
Even after all these years, I'm still honored that Christine named one of her dogs after me. She's such a genuine person!

(And, I'm totally full of crap!)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You know, I remember reading, shortly after she and John married, that Peter Green made some comment about them at a show, and she came up on stage and basically made a few Jewish jokes at his expense.
Actually according to the Martin Celmins Peter Green bio, Green was asking for it. Apparently Green pointed out how John was painfully shy, and how he hadn't had sex with Christine even though they had been dating for some time (I'm leaving out Green's colorful language). John McVie became angry and shouted "You f**king Jew!". This was all said on stage. I wish that Peter Green was still around .

Sorry for this reply being over a month behind, I just did a Peter Green post search.

Last edited by slipkid; 08-03-2009 at 12:01 PM..