The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM Greatest Hits - Vinyl Re-Release (June 24, 2014)

It appears that Fleetwood Mac "Greatest Hits" will be re-released on vinyl on June 24.

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-...+greatest+hits

If only WB/Reprise would focus their energies on remastered and expanded versions of Mirage and TITN!

Last edited by BlueLight; 05-20-2014 at 08:34 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously? WHY?? Who the hell cares about a half baked greatest hits package? This isn't even their strongest collection of compilation albums. What's the point? Then again, has ANYTHING this band and its record label done EVER MADE SENSE ????
Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 PM

I did buy the CD because it seemed the Mirage songs on it had better quality.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:00 PM

Oh and I guess I bought it for As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
It appears that Fleetwood Mac "Greatest Hits" will be re-released on vinyl on June 24.

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-...+greatest+hits

If only WB/Reprise would focus their energies on remastered and expanded versions of Mirage and TITN!
I'll take one for my hungry phono needle.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[now up for pre-order]

Modern Vinyl 6-23-2014

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/06/23/f...ing-repressed/

The greatest hits collection from Fleetwood Mac is being repressed onto vinyl and is now up for pre-order. This was actually the band’s second package of greatest hits, following the “famous ‘red sleeve’ release from 1971.” And according to Discogs, this collection hasn’t been pressed since 1989.

The album will be released on June 24th.

1. Rhiannon

2. Don’t Stop

3. Go Your Own Way

4. Hold Me

5. Everywhere

6. Gypsy

7. As Long as You Follow

8. Say You Love Me

9. Dreams

10. Little Lies

11. Sara

12. Tusk

13. No Questions Asked
Old 06-25-2014, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I would like to add this to my vinyl collection, but..

where is Over My Head and You Make Loving Fun? I understand vinyl has time limitations, but...

Although I do like both As Long as You Follow and No Questions Asked, I would prefer this to be an actual "greatest hits" record and include those two Christine McVie gems mentioned above.

So what did I do? I ordered the record.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
where is Over My Head and You Make Loving Fun? I understand vinyl has time limitations, but...

Although I do like both As Long as You Follow and No Questions Asked, I would prefer this to be an actual "greatest hits" record and include those two Christine McVie gems mentioned above.

According to Discogs, the original vinyl release was also in this arrangement.

http://www.discogs.com/Fleetwood-Mac...elease/1334300
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

I agree with your post 100%. When I think of the GREATEST Fleetwood Mac recordings of all time, "No Questions Asked" does not quite come to mind.

For the vinyl release, why not delete "Questions" and "As Long As You Follow" in favor of including "Over My Head" and "You Make Loving Fun". Than again, as I stated above, has anything this band and its record company done ever made sense? For that matter, why are we re-releasing this record at all?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
For that matter, why are we re-releasing this record at all?
First off, the cover is pretty iconic. Everyone's seen it. This GH album still sells very well to this day. So a vinyl collectible is really not that odd. I also do not think FM is involved directly in this anyway. They just cash another royalty/license check.

I actually much prefer the UK/European release of this album.

1. Rhiannon
2. Go Your Own Way
3. Don't Stop
4. Gypsy
5. Everywhere
6. You Make Loving Fun
7. Big Love
8. As Long As You Follow
9. Say You Love Me
10. Dreams
11. Little Lies
12. Oh Diane
13. Sara
14. Tusk
15. Seven Wonders
16. Hold Me
17. No Questions Asked

I admit, on my iTunes playlist, I added Over My Head snuggled between Seven Wonders and Hold Me.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Seriously? WHY?? Who the hell cares about a half baked greatest hits package? This isn't even their strongest collection of compilation albums. What's the point? Then again, has ANYTHING this band and its record label done EVER MADE SENSE ????
I agree. Good grief. The Chain box set was great, but that was released over twenty years ago, and there is a ton of material that could be released on a new box set. There never seems to be anything for us; everything is aimed at the casual fan. I find this news very underwhelming; nevertheless, I guess I'm glad there is some news. Sigh.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is also on Amazon UK but the release date is July 21st. Why don't they put all of the post 1975 FM albums on vinyl including 'The Dance' and 'Say You Will'?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear you! When I heard about it, my reaction was WTF? However, I don't think we can directly blame the band themselves (although they tend to be overly cautious sometimes). They likely had nothing to with this ill-conceived decision. Blame the marketing geniuses who apparently have zero understanding (or creative inspiration) of their market base (die-hard fans). They pander to the masses, thinking nothing else but the bottom line. Fleetwood Mac is a world-class band, yet their handlers have their heads up their world-class asses. So many opportunities and possibilities never taken or even thought up. I want to throw up!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-25-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I hear you! When I heard about it, my reaction was WTF? However, I don't think we can directly blame the band themselves (although they tend to be overly cautious sometimes). They likely had nothing to with this ill-conceived decision. Blame the marketing geniuses who apparently have zero understanding (or creative inspiration) of their market base (die-hard fans). They pander to the masses, thinking nothing else but the bottom line. Fleetwood Mac is a world-class band, yet their handlers have their heads up their world-class asses. So many opportunities and possibilities never taken or even thought up. I want to throw up!
I agree with all of this.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The original UK vinyl release has always bugged me. Two UK top 10 hits were omitted - Big Love and Oh Diane - but non-UK hits like Hold Me and Say You Love Me were included. In the end Lindsey only had three songs (including Don't Stop) that he sings lead on out of 13. I'm aware that Hold Me was included because the song was re-released to promote the greatest hits album (an obvious attempt at trying to continue the success of Everywhere and Little Lies) but Say You Love Me peaked at #40, that should have been omitted in favour of Big Love.

Last edited by He's So Unusual; 07-05-2014 at 12:23 PM..