Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 5 New Updates

The Statesman
October 20, 2011
An interview with Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl
Elvira Spektor, A&E Editor got the exclusive interview with The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger members, Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl.

Elvira Spektor (ES): Tell me about how you two met and decided to make music together. Sean Lennon: We met in 2005 through Coachella [Music Festival]. I thought she was too young for me so we became friends first. Then we started falling in love… but it was a slow courtship. The music is nice for our relationship. It was just refreshing at first…now it’s a form of expression.ES: The “Los Angeles Times” said that your record draws from “classic, vintage folk and psychedelia.” How would you describe your sound? Sean: We write music that we like. I’d say we’re a fusion of jazz and psychedelic rock. We’re influenced by Celtic music.ES: Charlotte, how would you describe your fashion taste?*Sean (jokingly): She looks like the Swamp Thing.

http://www.sbstatesman.com/an-interv...e-kemp-muhl786

The Statesman
October 20,2011
Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger performance haunts campus

“We are Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger,” Sean Lennon says. And then, “It’s an unfortunate band name.” “It kind of just stuck,” Charlotte Kemp Muhl chimes in,
“like toilet paper on a shoe.” They start to play.

http://www.sbstatesman.com/ghost-of-...unts-campus786

Examiner
October 20, 2011
Beatles, Lennon to release special vinyl sets for holiday Record Store Day fete

The Beatles and John Lennon are two of the artists participating in special Nov. 25 Black Friday Record Store Day releases of vinyl product that will only be sold in independent record stores during the holidays.The Beatles' contribution is a box set of four 7" picture sleeve singles in a metal tin with a Record Store Day branded 45 RPM adapter (so the discs can be played on your turntable) and a poster.

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-n...store-day-fete

Examiner
Beatles 'Sgt. Pepper' costume patterns to be auctioned

It hasn't gotten as much notice as*the much-publicized 1960 letter from Paul McCartney, but there are several other unique Beatles items up for sale at the Christie's Kensington auction in November. They include the patterns used to make the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album costumes. According to the catalog description, these are "costume patterns for the luminous military-style suits made for the Beatles and worn on the 1967 album cover 'Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band'; the patterns cut from brown paper comprise of two sets, one with measurments for John, Paul and George, the back pattern annotated with measurments 19˝ seems J.L, G.H 9˝ - 20 seem, P.MC 5" and a separate pattern for Ringo; accompanied by a letter concerning the provenance and a corresponding copy of the album (19)."

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-n...o-be-auctioned

KSHE 95 payroll
10/19/2011
EXPANDED VERSION OF THE BEATLES' 'LET IT BE' DVD MAY BE OUT IN 2013

The long wait for Beatles fans to finally own the Let It Be movie on DVD may soon be over, according to Beatles Examiner. The movie's director, Michael Lindsey-Hogg, spilled the beans while appearing on WNYC-FM while promoting his new memoir, Luck And Circumstance: A Coming Of Age In Hollywood, New York, And Points Beyond. Hogg answered a caller's question about the film, and recalled he and Paul McCartney discussing the film's eventual reissue: "We bumped into each other on an airplane. It was just before George Harrison died. George was very ill. And George had not had a happy time during the making of Let It Be. For personal reasons. He was about to go out on his own and a lot of other things like that. And we knew it probably would not be re-released in George's lifetime. But, we have been been working on it pretty much every year for the last couple of years. And the plan is, at the moment, to have it come out, I think, in 2013."

http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1558052

Last edited by msLinds; 10-21-2011 at 12:51 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 1 new update

The Royal Gazette Online
October 20, 2011
Statue planned to remember John Lennon

Thirty-one years ago a British musician was touring the Botanical Gardens when he came upon a particularly beautiful freesia. He was so inspired by the beauty of the flower he named an album after it.The album was called ‘Double Fantasy’, and the songwriter was the legendary John Lennon of The Beatles fame.Next year, the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art plans to celebrate its 25th anniversary by erecting a statue honouring Mr Lennon on their premises at the Botanical Gardens.The statue is being designed by local artist Graham Foster and has been approved by John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono and his son, Julian.Tom Butterfield and Elise Outerbridge of Masterworks are working in conjunction with musician Tony Brannon, who spotted Mr Lennon in a nightclub in Bermuda when he visited in 1980.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...ND/710209988/0
Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 new updates

Everyone have a safe, positive and great upcoming weekend and take care.

IBN Live
October 20, 2011
George Harrison had an Indian soul: wife

Mumbai: "Ravi was the first person who did not try to impress me but in turn I was impressed by him," Beatles legend George Harrison says about his first meeting with Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar in Martin Scorsese's documentary 'George Harrison: Living In the Material World'.The meeting not only began a great friendship between two great musicians but was also catalyst in introducing Harrison to Indian philosophy, which impacted every aspect of his life."His meeting with Ravi was not just between two individuals but of two cultures. It was a great cultural exchange," says Olivia Harrison, wife of the late Beatle and producer of the documentary which chronicles Harrison's journey to fame and his search for spirituality.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/george-ha...4890-8-67.html

Times Live
October 21, 2011
Music photographer Barry Feinstein dies

Barry Feinstein, whose iconic photographs of 1960s rockers included the cover of Bob Dylan's The Times They Are a-Changin' died after a long illness, his wife said.He was 80.
Feinstein snapped more than 500 album covers in his career, including Janis Joplin for Pearl a day before she died and George Harrison flanked by garden gnomes for his post-Beatles solo outing All Things Must Pass.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertain...feinstein-dies
Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 new updates

Examiner - John Lennon
October 21, 2011
Good Ol' Freda news update: Beatles' secretary dishes about Fab Four on air

October 21, 2011, Seattle Washington– Freda Kelly, The Beatles secretary and Official Fan Club President from 1962-1972 shared her memories on Seattle’s Bob Rivers Show (KJR Classic Rock station 95.7) yesterday morning via a telephone interview from her office in England. Freda is doing a very special documentary on her time with the Beatles entitled “Good Ol’ Freda”, revealing many personal recollections of her time with them. Beginning as an early fan who watched them play at the Cavern Club in ‘61, to becoming Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein’s secretary, she then headed up their official fan club. Fan club membership grew to unimaginable heights as the Fab Four exploded onto the world scene as the most popular rock band in history.

FREDA MEETS THE BEATLES
“I met the Beatles through Brian Epstein, since I worked for him. I used to hang out with the Beatles at the Cavern lunchtime sessions when they played there,” Freda told Bob and his staff, when asked to describe her first memories of meeting the band. “I was only 17 then. I’d go and have a bowl of soup for lunch and they’d play 2-3 times a week from noon till 2:00.”

for the rest of the interview

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...-four-on-air-1

TR3S
October 20, 2011
Anahí Partners With Yoko Ono For Non-Violence Project

We know what you’re thinking. Mexican pop star Anahí and legendary Beatle widow Yoko Ono seem like an odd pairing. But they both have legions of loyal fans and are hoping to get them involved in the Non-Violence Project. Anahí and Ono have partnered up for the "Billion Faces For Peace" initiative, which encourages people to ditch their weapons and spread the word about non-violence. The program hopes to attract a billion volunteers worldwide, each of whom would send in a picture of themselves for a giant collage. Yoko's late husband, John Lennon, died as a result of gun violence and she's made sure his pic is included in the mural too. So far, 3,000 people have joined the cause and Anahí is hoping to bump that number up significantly.

http://blogamole.tr3s.com/2011/10/20...lence-project/

Last edited by msLinds; 10-21-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 1 News item and photographs

Examiner
October 22, 2011
Musicians, friends celebrate Paul McCartney's wedding at New York party (pics)

Celebrities were everywhere in attendance Friday night at the Bowery Hotel in New York City for a glitzy party in honor of newlyweds Paul McCartney and Lady Nancy.*Those in attendance included several musicians, including Yoko Ono, widow of John Lennon, with her son Sean Lennon; Joe Walsh, brother-in-law of Beatle Ringo Starr with wife Marjorie Bach; Jeff Lynne of Electric Light Orchestra; Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters; Rolling Stone Keith Richards with wife Patti Hansen; Jon Bon Jovi and E Street Bander Miami Steve Van Zandt.*

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-n...new-york-party

Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon attend Paul McCartney's & Nancy Shevell's party at The Bowery Hotel on October 21, 2011 in New York City.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Yoko+On...rk/UAOrWfqyrtT

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Yoko+On...rk/bwcBgp32e4r

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ll-guests.html
Old 10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was incredibly tacky and rude that Paul McCartney didn't invite Julian Lennon to his wedding dinner. Shoot, he didn't invite Julian to his wedding or other engagements and Julian posted his frustration on his FB page. I think the wedding dinner upsets me because I am pretty sure Yoko, Julian, or Sean wouldn't go to Paul's wedding on John's birthday because they're doing their own private thing...but the wedding dinner? Julian is IN NY! And all the blah, blah, blah from idiots about how Paul is so good to Julian and is like a dad to him...? CRAP. Just CRAP.

I mean all of the above. I do. Paul Macca isn't an angel. If people have no problem listing out John's flaws ad nauseam than it needs to be said: Paul, you snubbed your best friend's firstborn something bad the other night and I think it was tacky.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It was incredibly tacky and rude that Paul McCartney didn't invite Julian Lennon to his wedding dinner. Shoot, he didn't invite Julian to his wedding or other engagements and Julian posted his frustration on his FB page. I think the wedding dinner upsets me because I am pretty sure Yoko, Julian, or Sean wouldn't go to Paul's wedding on John's birthday because they're doing their own private thing...but the wedding dinner? Julian is IN NY! And all the blah, blah, blah from idiots about how Paul is so good to Julian and is like a dad to him...? CRAP. Just CRAP.

I mean all of the above. I do. Paul Macca isn't an angel. If people have no problem listing out John's flaws ad nauseam than it needs to be said: Paul, you snubbed your best friend's firstborn something bad the other night and I think it was tacky.
lol at first I was saying how Paul is such a huge attention whore for getting married on John's birthday, but then again I thought maybe he has a reason to get married on John's wedding... we don't know.

Frig that is garbage though, that Julian didn't get invited to the wedding dinner or anything. Frig, Paul.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This .gif is so CUTE

Photobucket
Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 1 new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

I agree with your feeling about this completely Nico.Sean and Yoko were in Iceland on Paul's wedding day.Which is also of course John and Sean's birthday.But Julian right now has been in New York City for a while on business and promoting his new album.I think one of the reasons that Jules removed that Facebook posting.Because he doesn't want to hurt his brother Sean who he loves dearly or for him to get harrassed or hurt.Also it sounds like he talked to his Mom,Cynthia to.If Paul did this purposely then It was very insensitive rude and disrespectful not to invite Julian to the wedding dinner and party in New York City .When all these other Musicians ,etc were invited.Who knows what goes on in Pauls head.But it does make him look uncaring and mean spirited toward Julian.

Everyone have a safe and great upcoming week and take care.
I have some new updates.Sean and Charlotte and Rufus Wainwright performed at Occupy Wallstreet in New York City tonight.

Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl and Rufus Wainwright performed at Occupy Wallstreet in New York City on October 23, 2011

Awhile ago I saw some things on Twitter that said that Sean Lennon was on the steps at Zuccotti Park jamming with Rufus Wainwright and others. *I found only one picture so I wondered if it was true.Well something just showed up on YouTube so I thought I'd write a quick diary to share it with all of you. *More videos are likely to show up and I'll post them as updates if I see them.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...i-Park-Tonight

http://instagr.am/p/ROmsI/

Sean Lennon Jamming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uzv5SwMqawg#

Last edited by msLinds; 10-23-2011 at 10:01 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you to Terra and MsLinds.

Terra, you are absolutely spot on about PM's wedding day choice. It was attention-whorish. And frankly, he has always felt threatened by John. When the Beatles were huge, Paul was the favorite of the young girls. But John was the one whom the young adults and older people loved and respected. He was also a very REAL person. He gladly showed his flaws and his amazing gifts to all the world. He was a pioneer, a revolutionary, and a visionary; absolutely a genius by every account. Paul is an amazing musician. I have love for him as one of the fabs and, at one point, one of the best songwriters ever. BUT his petty shenanigans are too much. He is constantly bopping around, with that annoying fake smile everywhere- putting out one lame album after another, random DVD specials, piss-poor ballets. I just don't care anymore. His new wife seems like a lovely lady. No disrespect there. But the fact that he went and married on the ONE DAY that John's wife, sons, and ex-wife and family have to remember him with love- as Yoko asked the world to do in 1981- pisses me off. THAT DAY belongs to John in the Beatles world, and Paul was so jealous I suppose that he had to snatch a little of that for himself. I know he loved John dearly, he looked up to him and he STILL talks about him as the most important man in his life. But still...no.

MsLinds, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Julian has been criticized for voicing his feelings, but I think he had no other choice. What Paul did was completely classless. He loves to hype the "Hey Jude" story ad nauseam, but truly he has never been that close to Julian. Now people are aware of this and it hurts the image they have of Paul. Whatever. Sean and Julian ftw. I love them together and I'm so happy John has such awesome sons. That's all I'm going to say. But I will leave this post with this...

ALWAYS AND FOREVER...my favorite Beatle

Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the vids of Sean at Occupy Wallstreet MsLinds!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 1 new Update

Your welcome Nico.I agree with what you have to say about Paul.I don't think he should have been married on John's birthday either.Sean just posted on his personal Twitter page this video from tonight to.

‪Josh Fox director of GASLAND visits Occupy Wall St w/ friends Rufus Wainwright and Sean Lennon‬ at OCCUPY WALL STREET on October 23, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZeYhTE3TAg

Last edited by msLinds; 10-24-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 6 new updates

Ultimate Classic Rock
October 24, 2011
The Beatles’ Original Manager Still Loses Sleep Over Selling Their Contract

The head of Decca Records famously rejected the Beatles in 1962, telling manager Brian Epstein that “guitar groups are on the way out.” But he wasn’t the only one who missed out on a chance to be a part of the band’s astonishing success. That list includes the Beatles’ original manager, Alan Williams, who sold his contract to Epstein for the modern-day equivalent of $400 — a decision that he says still haunts him. “I still lose sleep over it 50 years later. No one could have guessed the Beatles would become so famous,” Williams told the Daily Record during a recent interview. “At that time there were 300 groups in Liverpool, who were as good or better.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-b...heir-contract/

South Florida Classical Review
October 24, 2011
Miami Symphony opens season with Beatles-inspired premiere

The Miami Symphony Orchestra opened its season Sunday with the world premiere of Sam Hyken’s Beatles Guide to the Orchestra. Hyken, currently involved in the Miami Music Project Orchestral Academy, is the orchestra’s principal trumpet player and has a definite interest in the merging of disparate styles of music. The Arsht Center’s Knight Concert Hall provided the showcase for his skillful symphonic arrangement of several Beatles’ tunes into a narrated orchestral guide clearly modeled on that of Benjamin Britten.

http://southfloridaclassicalreview.c...ired-premiere/

ShowBiz 411
October 24, 2011
John Lennon Was Steve Jobs’s Favorite Beatle, Loved “Strawberry Fields”

John Lennon was Steve Jobs‘s favorite Beatle. So says Jobs’s biographer Walter Isaacson in his authorized bio of Jobs, out today from Simon & Schuster. Of course, Jobs named his company Apple after the Beatles’ Apple Corps Records. Then of course, Jobs wound up settling lawsuits with the Beatles by paying them $500 million in 2007 (not for the ITunes downloads, just to settle 23 years of suits regarding the companies’ names and businesses).

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/10/24...awberry-fields

Beatle Freaks Reviews
October 21, 2011
Book Review: The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper by Sally Carpenter

What a delight this book was to read! I had see this book mentioned on BeatlesNews.com and decided to find the author and ask for a review copy. Ms. Carpenter said she’d contact her publisher about getting a copy to me, but after several weeks my mailbox was still empty, so I just bought my own. I prefer buying my own copies to review anyway so I don’t feel obligated to the authors/bands/producers.

http://beatles-freak.com/2011/10/21/...lly-carpenter/

The Telegraph
October 24, 2011
Sir Paul McCartney will go head-to-head with Jamie Oliver today with the launch of his first cookbook, aimed at persuading people to eat less meat.

The former Beatle, who over the weekend celebrated his wedding to Nancy Shevell with a star-studded party in New York, has co-written The Meat Free Monday Cookbook, which is based on his family’s 2009 campaign to make people go meat-free for one day a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...-cookbook.html

Josh Fox director of GASLAND visits Occupy Wall Street, NYC - w/ friends Rufus Wainwright and Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl on October 23, 2011

Here is a little clearer video and at a different angle of the performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgwM5...ayer_embedded#

Last edited by msLinds; 10-24-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 new update

SoundSpike
October 25, 201
The Flaming Lips channel The Beatles for Steve Jobs Tribute

The Flaming Lips will honor late Apple founder Steve Jobs with a special rendition of a Beatles classic during the second annual O Music Awards, which take place Monday (10/31/2011. The eccentric Oklahoma rockers will take to the stage during the course of the awards show, which will be streamed across various MTV Networks web properties, including MTV.com, VH1.com and CMT.com, among others, according to the ceremony's website. The Lips will perform the Beatles hit "Revolution" -- and record it on an iPad -- to honor the life and achievements of Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs, who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer Oct. 5. The Halloween-night O Music Awards webcast -- billed by organizers as a live multiplatform event celebrating the artists, innovators and fans impacting digital music culture -- begins at 11:30 p.m. ET.

http://www.soundspike.com/story/3187...-jobs-tribute/

Josh Fox director of GASLAND visits Occupy Wall St w/ friends Rufus Wainwright and Sean Lennon on October 23, 2011

Best video and closest video to gathering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMTvKQ7FVBs

Last edited by msLinds; 10-25-2011 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 3 new updates

Comic Book Resources
October 25, 2011
John Lennon: The Comic Book Coming in December

In the pantheon of musical legends, John Lennon is at the top of the mountain, if not the king of the mountain. From his time with the Beatles and his solo projects, he asked the world to ignore borders and divisions, and instead he encouraged the average person to embrace what brings people together. And when his life ended viciously from an assassin’s bullet in 1980, the music industry, and the world, lost an advocate for peace, love and true musical Now Bluewater shares Lennon’s story as part of Bluewater Comics “Orbit” series. Orbit: John Lennon will hit comic book stores in Dec. 2011 in time for the anniversary of his passing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35119

Examiner
October 24, 2011
Good Ol’ Freda pledge tally and news – ‘Freda People’ launch campaign for funds

October 24, 2011 – News update on Good Ol’ Freda: The planned documentary by Freda Kelly about the decade she spent working for the Beatles*as the National Secretary of The Official Beatles Fan Club, has made significant headway in the news over the last week. (read about it here) Devoted fans are responding. $18,150 has been raised to date, (36% of their goal.) But as you see, despite these gains, the film is still a ways from the $50,000 goal that they need by 11-11-11.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...aign-for-funds

The Daily Activist
October 2011
Beatles legend, Paul McCartney, joins a growing list of celebrity supporters backing “Tiger Time” to save wild tigers.

David Shepherd CBE, a British wildlife artists and conservationist, established Tiger Time, a charity aimed at saving the last 3,200 wild tigers on earth, in May of this year.“The vast majority of people are shocked to the core when they hear that there are only 3,200 wild tigers left on earth,” says David Shepherd. “It is a shockingly low figure. Think of it this way – every wild tiger on earth could stand on just one soccer pitch! Getting that message out to people is vital if we are to save the wild tiger.”

http://www.thedailyactivist.com/cele...tle-for-tiger/
Closed Thread