Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
-i met bill nye the science guy today
-that's all.
OMG. I am so jealous. How did you get to meet him?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
That's the first time I've heard of him, unfortunately. Going by the ever trustworthy Wikipedia, he seems a pretty insightful chap. What did he have to say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
OMG. I am so jealous. How did you get to meet him?
he was at my work yesterday. i didn't really get to chat with him, there wasn't even enough time for me to say YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEAKMAN'S WORLD, but i got to gaze into his science-y face and then watch him drive off in his prius. le sigh!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Jealin' right now.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
he was at my work yesterday. i didn't really get to chat with him, there wasn't even enough time for me to say YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEAKMAN'S WORLD, but i got to gaze into his science-y face and then watch him drive off in his prius. le sigh!
I love Bill Nye the Science Guy, so that is awesome, even if you didn't get to talk to him. I love him almost as much as I loved Mr. Wizard when I was but a wee Zombie.

In other news, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow. The ceremony is at 1, and then the reception isn't til 6. I could poke someone in the eye for this bit of poor planning, but whatever. Boy What Carries Things is best man, so I will get to make fun of him for having to wear a tux in an outdoor wedding in the middle of June in freakin' St. Louis.

If I end up tossed in the pond at the park where the wedding is, then you know why.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
^ Jealin' right now.
like a felon?

Quote:
I love Bill Nye the Science Guy, so that is awesome, even if you didn't get to talk to him. I love him almost as much as I loved Mr. Wizard when I was but a wee Zombie.

omg, mr. wizard. i watched that every day, and the elephant show, and nick news for kids.

Quote:
In other news, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow. The ceremony is at 1, and then the reception isn't til 6. I could poke someone in the eye for this bit of poor planning, but whatever. Boy What Carries Things is best man, so I will get to make fun of him for having to wear a tux in an outdoor wedding in the middle of June in freakin' St. Louis.

If I end up tossed in the pond at the park where the wedding is, then you know why.
that's not just poor planning, that's rudity. not everybody wants to give up literally an entire day for your dumb wedding.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

Quote:
omg, mr. wizard. i watched that every day, and the elephant show, and nick news for kids.

that's not just poor planning, that's rudity. not everybody wants to give up literally an entire day for your dumb wedding.
Sharon, Lois and Bram! And Linda Ellerbee! I watched those, too. And David the Gnome.

But yeah, not looking forward to the wedding thing being such an all-day event. Because...ugh. So much socializing that I don't want to do.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sharon, Lois and Bram! And Linda Ellerbee! I watched those, too. And David the Gnome.
i loved/hated david the gnome almost as much as i loved/hated maya the bee.

Quote:
But yeah, not looking forward to the wedding thing being such an all-day event. Because...ugh. So much socializing that I don't want to do.
word on that bird.

btw, i feel as though i should attribute the word "rudity" to lisa, because it's funny and i didn't make it up.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I'm sitting here watching my puppy play. She does this thing where she goes into the kitchen and then runs as fast as she can into the living room, where she literally throws herself on the hard wood floor, rolls over a couple of times, then gets up & runs back into the kitchen to do it all over again...really, what is that about?

JTIS
oh that sounds cute; do you have a pic of the puppy?

JTIS...can't sleep.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just be thankful your wedding isn't up in the middle up nowhere. Back when I was a few months short of 13, I had to go up to, of all places, western New York to go to my cousin's wedding. Since it was a 6-hour drive to there, I had to stay overnight and me and my family managed to escape-- I mean, leave before my aunt decided to hold a brunch the next day.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller at the House of Blues last night. This is the first time I'd gotten around to seeing her, and both she and Buddy were fantastic. Her new album is gospel, and although I hadn't warmed to it, it was incredible live. Buddy also performed his own set, and made a funny speech about how True Blood used Gasoline and Matches in the show, but he didn't understand the vampire thing. Anyway I know a few people here like Patty, so here's my video of Mary from last night:

Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
like a felon?
Slap on the cuffs, I'm guilty.

Quote:

SHARON.

LOIS.

AND BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

The voice-over kids always seemed so mystified by Bram.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I saw Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller at the House of Blues last night. This is the first time I'd gotten around to seeing her, and both she and Buddy were fantastic. Her new album is gospel, and although I hadn't warmed to it, it was incredible live. Buddy also performed his own set, and made a funny speech about how True Blood used Gasoline and Matches in the show, but he didn't understand the vampire thing. Anyway I know a few people here like Patty, so here's my video of Mary from last night:

Waiting On My Child is absolutely my favorite. I agree about it hard to warm up to at first... I Smell A Rat is growing on me =]
Old 06-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A homeless woman broke my heart last night. I was walking back from my friend's 21st birthday party in the Mission district of San Francisco. If anyone is even remotely familiar with the bay area, you know the reputation the mission has, so, as a woman walking alone at night, I was trying to walk quickly and without making eye contact with anyone along the way. When I felt someone watching me, I assumed it was a man, and when I heard them clear their throat, I braced myself for the cat call coming (again, woman alone in the mission). The voice that came out was so high and weak and sincere, "I really like your sandals." Nothing else. I wanted so badly to be able to go back and give them to her.
You're so like me
Old 06-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm three days into my first visit to Europe. West coast of Ireland to be exact. I know that this area of the world gets more sun this time of year, but I'm still amazed that at almost 11pm, the sky looks like this:

35677_433889493581_658723581_5763954_2579368_n.jpg
Old 06-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love it when my YouTube trolls are successful.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr