Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had exams - that's why youse havn't seen me
Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I always thought that was a strange idea. "Well, that just means he likes you," my mom would say whenever that stupid kid Kevin would sock me in the stomach on the playground in 1st grade. Even back then, I was like, "So, wait, he expresses affection by hitting me so hard I want to puke? Screw that."

Don't put up with this junk, you young'uns! If I guy is a jerk to you, then he's a jerk. Period. Not worth your time. Even if he's dreamy or has good hair or whatever.
I know I say this pretty often, but you make me really, really, really happy. I second the "stay away if he's a jerk to you" thing, but I emphasize the "to you." I do this because I love arrogant douche bags. Just not the ones who are douche bags to me (though being arrogant around me is neutral to positive.) You know what, maybe I should just not give this advice.

So, have you guys missed my contributions to this thread? I doubt it I'm going to share a few things to make up for lost time, though.

1. I am absolutely in love with my job this summer. I'm working in children's advocacy, and it's a really exciting (read: terrifying) time to be doing the work I am in California right now; the Governator thinks it'd be sweet to slash the child care budget to, oh, you know, 0. His proposal isn't going to pass, but it is keeping me busy. I'm more and more convinced by the day that I'm going to applying to Teach for America rather than law school in a year's time.

2. A friend and I went to see Wicked last night in San Francisco. Sixth row center tickets at the Orpheum. Bliss. I'm honestly not a musical person, but this one exceeded every expectation I had. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, you've got to. If I hadn't seen Jude Law's Hamlet last November, this would, hands down, have been my favorite theatre experience.

3. I've gotten two comparisons to Jackie Kennedy in the past 24 hours. Prior to this, I had....well, 0, again. California must be doing something right by me. Actually, I've also been referred to as "dark Irish" about three times in the past week. California must just not be as used to us Micks as Boston and Pittsburgh are.
You're so like me
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was behind a car at a light with a bunch of anti religious bumperstickers. My two favorite ones read:

I was born right the first time

Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30326.jpg (15.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was behind a car at a light with a bunch of anti religious bumperstickers. My two favorite ones read:

Lol. I remember once being stuck behind a car with a bumper sticker from Maine that said "Bumpah stickah for the cah"

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

On an at least equally as-important note, Vivfox, I love your banner! ....
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
On an at least equally as-important note, Vivfox, I love your banner! ....
It was created especially for me by the lovely and talented ILoveFM.

However I am changing my banner every 24 hours so if you see something you like, save it to your computer.

GT, I think this is the first time you ever wrote to me! Has anyone ever written anything for you?

Last edited by vivfox; 06-08-2010 at 12:03 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I know I say this pretty often, but you make me really, really, really happy. I second the "stay away if he's a jerk to you" thing, but I emphasize the "to you." I do this because I love arrogant douche bags. Just not the ones who are douche bags to me (though being arrogant around me is neutral to positive.) You know what, maybe I should just not give this advice.
Aww. I'm just that charming.

I love a good arrogant douchebag, but there's a difference between charmingly arrogant douchebaggery and just being an asshole. If someone is insulting you to the point where it's actually hurting your feelings, that's crossing the line.

Everyone's mileage varies on this one, though, of course - I mean, one of my oldest and closest friends & I have a relationship based largely on trading creative insults that would make other people cry. I would not let ANYONE else get away with saying some of the things he says to me, and I know it's the same way for him. It's just a thing we do. At the same time, though, I know he'd be right there for me if I needed something, as he has done in the past, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
1. I am absolutely in love with my job this summer. I'm working in children's advocacy, and it's a really exciting (read: terrifying) time to be doing the work I am in California right now; the Governator thinks it'd be sweet to slash the child care budget to, oh, you know, 0. His proposal isn't going to pass, but it is keeping me busy. I'm more and more convinced by the day that I'm going to applying to Teach for America rather than law school in a year's time.
Are you a CASA or something similar? Would be curious to hear more about this.

Quote:

I love religious bumper stickers of any type. Two favorites, both of which I spied in Michigan:

"Evolutionists do it with increasing complexity."

"Go ahead! Have another abortion! - Satan"

That second one was spotted on a car absolutely covered in pro-life & Catholic stickers, and it was prominently displayed right in the middle. I about pissed myself giggling.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
One of my closest friends & I have a relationship based largely on trading creative insults that would make other people cry. I would not let ANYONE else get away with saying some of the things he says to me.
I have a couple of friends, that when we speak, we talk like this too.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today was the first in a long time that I pulled out some of the old six strings to play.
SWEET!!!

Last edited by iamnotafraid; 06-08-2010 at 12:37 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM
DefDumbandBlond
This message has been deleted by DefDumbandBlond.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Today was the first in a long time that I pulled out some of the old six strings to play.
SWEET!!!
I gotta get back to learning to play guitar again soon, but last time my cousin came over, he was on a blues "kick" (it lasted only a week) and pretty much got my dad's old acoustic six-string all out of whack while tuning it, and I'm not exactly one that could tune a guitar.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I gotta get back to learning to play guitar again soon, but last time my cousin came over, he was on a blues "kick" (it lasted only a week) and pretty much got my dad's old acoustic six-string all out of whack while tuning it, and I'm not exactly one that could tune a guitar.
REO Suckwagon had an album titled: You Can Tune A Tuna, But You Can't Tune A Fish.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
REO Suckwagon had an album titled: You Can Tune A Tuna, But You Can't Tune A Fish.
I heard about that one once, but I still prefer this Elton John album title: Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player

Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

chelluversu, how's Jeordy doing today?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
chelluversu, how's Jeordy doing today?
Speaking of him, I forgot to say this when the pic was posted, but he is a real cutie

Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never having anything to do with Enduring Love again.
27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr