User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wow, I forgot about Destiny Rules and Illume. Not a big fan. Neither one is near as whoreanus (stupid sixsixsix! ) as Silver Girl. I believe I literally never listen to those three. When I say "I love the album", I realize, in my head, the album doesn't include these song....
I think Illume runs cricles around Silver Girl in terms of whoreanusness! That song is almost unlistenable. The drone, the lyrics, the music, the freaky voice in the middle of it that seems to be there for no reason, etc. It would be embarrassing if it wasn't so laughable.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I think Illume runs cricles around Silver Girl in terms of whoreanusness! That song is almost unlistenable. The drone, the lyrics, the music, the freaky voice in the middle of it that seems to be there for no reason, etc. It would be embarrassing if it wasn't so laughable.

That's weird, I'm pretty sure you said you really liked Illume when SYW first came out.
Hmmm, I wonder if I can find the thread...
Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I dislike them both, so you won't get much argument from me. But I do think that Silver Girl's lyrics are worse, and that Illume's music and melody is a bit better. I never listen to either one, though.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
That's weird, I'm pretty sure you said you really liked Illume when SYW first came out.
Lookout! she'll find it! P.I. Trackie, on the case....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention 2003
I caved in and downloaded it and I am stunned. The last minute or so of the song gave me chill-bumps! Very dark and intense, some of her best lyrics. The Stevie/Lindsey voice hybrid took me aback at first, but it kinda works in the context of the song. Great vocal, too. I can't imagine it being played live, though.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9399

Sorry Josh
Old 04-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did, but then I came to my senses. Same with a lot of other songs. I loved EFO, but then realized it was utter crap.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Omigosh, you've done it again! Medal of Valor!
Dissention, how could you change your mind so radically on these songs? It almost seems like you made an intellectual choice not to like them that had little to do with your emotional response to the song....

Old 04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I did like it. I still stand by my assertion that the verse with the jade line is one of her very best lyrics, too, and her delivery at the end is great. But the song? Not so much. I came to not like how she wrote about 9/11, which if you do another search (I can never get anything to come up past April or March of last year when the board got a new look), we had a big discussion on after the album came out, too.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did, but then I came to my senses. Same with a lot of other songs. I loved EFO, but then realized it was utter crap.

You also loved the Thunder Mix of the song.
And I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention 2003
Has anyone else heard it? It's AWESOME!!! I think the song sounds great this way. The vocals are a bit rushed, but I think the thunder really adds to the song. The background music is really brought out and up to the forefront. I love it!
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=11293

Old 04-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Omigosh, you've done it again! Medal of Valor!
Dissention, how could you change your mind so radically on these songs? It almost seems like you made an intellectual choice not to like them that had little to do with your emotional response to the song....
I'm not free to change my mind? I used to loathe and despise Red Rover with every fiber of my being, and now I love it. You don't have songs that you hated at first and then loved, or songs you loved at first and then hated? I mean, c'mon, this album came out two years ago. We've all had it long enough for our opinions on it to mature.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I quote:

I still love that one quite a bit because they (whoever remixed it) sped up her vocals and it makes the song more upbeat and reduces the drone. The rain noise effects are still crap, though.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I quote:

You? You? Are the very most.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not free to change my mind? I used to loathe and despise Red Rover with every fiber of my being, and now I love it. You don't have songs that you hated at first and then loved, or songs you loved at first and then hated? I mean, c'mon, this album came out two years ago. We've all had it long enough for our opinions on it to mature.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to attack you, it was just confusing. And I usually don't like songs, then they grow on me, rarely, if ever, the reverse. I can't remember a time when I was like "I LOVE THAT SONG!" and then later didn't like it...
Of course you can change your mind, it was just strange to me, the way you did it, so I was trying to understand what happened there.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
its a woman's right they say

I am a little punchy today

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't trying to attack you, it was just confusing. And I usually don't like songs, then they grow on me, rarely, if ever, the reverse. I can't remember a time when I was like "I LOVE THAT SONG!" and then later didn't like it...
Well, I'm fickle.

Quote:
Of course you can change your mind, it was just strange to me, the way you did it, so I was trying to understand what happened there.
Owning it for two years and listening to it numerous times over those years opened my eyes as to how mediocre the whole thing is. They didn't think any of it through and it definitely shows, especially in the case of Illume. What were they going for with that computerized voice? Where is the melody? Why does it come across as so self-centered? Why does she think a river is neverending? It all seems a bit slapdash at times.