User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
In the Mirage Tour Video, weren;t there flowers running up and down Stevie and CM's mic.'s ? I seem to remember this, but that was a long time ago.
I think during Gypsy she reaches down to pick a flower up from the stage, and she attaches it to the microphone.

I like the frilly decorations. At this point they're traditional, and you know exactly where she'll be standing, so they help build the anticipation before the show starts.

- Jake
Old 12-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I like the frilly decorations. At this point they're traditional, and you know exactly where she'll be standing, so they help build the anticipation before the show starts.

- Jake
There ya go! That's what I was trying to say haha...the stand helps build the anticipation...exactly!!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
There ya go! That's what I was trying to say haha...the stand helps build the anticipation...exactly!!
And I'm still jealous that you could practically reach it from your seat. Talk about anticipation.

- Jake
Old 12-08-2003, 04:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
Speaking of the mic stand, has anyone noticed Stevie pulling it backward and leaning forward like she used to do when she was going into a high energy/belting part? I don't think she did it once at Pittsburgh, but I can't remember. To help explain (for those who have these videos), think of Stevie on the Mirage video during Gypsy when she walks back to sing "I have no fear..." or on the Tango video when she sings the "OW OW OW EVERYBODY, everybody's got me down" on World Turning. Those are the only two examples I can think of right now.
Here's a couple of shots I took of Stevie pulling her microphone backwards in Manchester last week:

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-058.htm

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-099.htm
Old 12-08-2003, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally I really like the stand on this tour with the dangly strings of crystal beads and the big red rose. I was not fond of the TISL show mics-too much going on with an already busy stage (which I did like). I'd be curious to see the OSOTM mic that someone said would give you a heart attack!
Also, I was happy to seee some of the signature "mic grabs for drama" that Stevie does. It just seems that all of that is less pronounced than it used to be-but I think it's natural as we all get older to become more refined. And as much as I post about missing the old stage dramatics and boots-I am happt to see her have a tour (and a big one, no less) where she 1) sings really well every night -no noticeably bad reviews for the singing-even some reviewers notice the quality and strength of her performances and...
2) no major health concerns on this tour-no shows cancelled or performed with any of her myriad of typical on-tour-illnesses. So she is really taking care of herself it seems. If the price we pay is no boots and no flailing on stage exorcismd I guess it's worth it!
Old 12-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lee
Here's a couple of shots I took of Stevie pulling her microphone backwards in Manchester last week:

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-058.htm

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-099.htm
Phil,

I was browsing through the rest of your photos-- those are excellent!!! Thank you for sharing!

This one photo in particular --the look on her face is a combination of amusing and frightening to me:

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-114.htm

Thanks again for sharing!

Reebokandlace
Old 12-10-2003, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Phil. That's one of my favorite antics that she does. I also forgot how blantant it is during Rhiannon on the Mirage tour video (when she goes into, "Now baby, you don't change, and i don't change...). Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default mic

hey I think it looks fine, and she is a figety person with all those ribbons (not that i can say much I love silly putty). BUT hasn't she been moving the mic around ALL tour, I was in oakland and it moved around quite a bit (as did she), actually if it had been alive she would have choked it to death, esp during GDW.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost
I'm finding any excuse these days to post my pictures

So here it is in all it's glory (with the lady herself), and I think the mic is fabulous!

Pip's right it's totally Stevie.

Thanks for posting that awesome pic! Man, we must be out of things to talk about if Stevie's mic stand is getting this much attention! I think it looks great, and yes, its one of her signatures, it would be weird if it wasn't adorned like that.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I ADORE the mic stand... it's classic Stevie. I agree with everyone else... there's nothing at all like being up close to the stage and waiting for the show to start, and looking at her mic stand. It truly does build your excitement. While Stevie seems to be simplifying her wardrobe these days, I'm thankful she still goes all out with the mic stand.

She pulled the stand back several times in my concerts in Greensboro, NC and Greenville, SC. I think it was during Stand Back and Rhiannon. Boy, she really tore up Stand Back in Greensboro!
Old 12-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie without a decorated mic stand would be like

peanut butter without jelly

yen without yang

a boy without his dog

Frick without Frack

... you get the picture. I love the mic stand. I think it's very Stevie...

Maria
Old 12-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that picture is haunting, AWESOME. Thanks for posting the link!

~Suze

Quote:
Originally posted by reebokandlace
Phil,

I was browsing through the rest of your photos-- those are excellent!!! Thank you for sharing!

This one photo in particular --the look on her face is a combination of amusing and frightening to me:

http://www.racesimcentral.com/Phil/F...031204-114.htm

Thanks again for sharing!

Reebokandlace
Old 12-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Stevie's Microphone is too crazy!

I love it, I love every little thing on that mic stand. It does build anticipation as others have said. And it does look VERY cool close up as I've been lucky enough to see. I really wanted a strand of rhinestones from it!

~Suze

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Lately there is way too much stuff on Stevie's mic! Flowers, ribbons, chiffon, beads, streamers!!!!

It is getting almost silly! Now, I love Stevie more then any other singer in the world, but this new trend has got to go! I love how her mic is in the dance video with just one or two black and white things hanging off it.

Now it is just distracting!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is a freaky picture.....