User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
I love Space Needle! Does that mean we are agreeing on something?

Anyway, I love how down to earth she is on that song. Unstead of being all mysterious and hinting around about drugs she just belts out "I remember being high all the time" if I am even interpreting it right...
If I'm not mistaken, I believe she says "I remember being HOT all the time."
Old 11-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 11-26-2003 at 09:39 PM..
Old 11-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Yup, I stand corrected. I just listened to it. Now the song take on a whole new meaning. Anyone have any idea what she is talking about in it?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 11-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: SEMI OFF TOPIC

I pretty much agree with everything you said Gaius.

Though ChiliD has pointed out to us the roots of the "extra musicians" (i.e. Ray Lindsey et al), when it comes to the MAJOR backing, with the recruitment of the extra musicians on the TITN tour (which LB was not on as we know) I don't "blame" LB as much on this as it may have sounded like though like you say with his guitar army in '92, he is an accomplice to a degree.

I also agree with you that the early BN days at least seemed more democratic, even if they weren't (I mean, though I'm not in to boots as you righty say, I heard some "Rumours" tour boots a while back where the only pre 75 song they played was "Oh well" (in other words, the rest of the songs from those shows were from either the 1975 album or "Rumours", that's it). Gee, they sure scraped those older concert faves in a hurry huh? ChiliD, what did you make of this?)

Again, though I'm not a bootleg collector, I have nothing against anyone who collects them so this "blues Don't stop" of which you speak does sound interesting, even if I'm waiting for the official release (and I know, I'm dreaming) but I'll take your word for them having done a "mini jam" on that one. I agree as well to your "LB songs as launchpads" theory, though "Sisters of the moon" from the "Mirage" video was fairly drawn out I thought, but that could just have been due to the legend of the guys having to have to stretch out the solo section on that one due to Stevie's tardyness and, eventually, Lindsey having to have to do the verse they were waiting for her to arrive and perform).

Yes, I do agree that Lindsey was right to shake it up and not become the nostalgia act (back then, anyways) with "Rumours 2" etc. I was just thinking off of the top of my head while typing that, that it seemed very coincidental that it was Lindsey's songs that were the most different ones on "Tusk" (i.e. showing that he was the one that wanted to do the most material changing obviously, even down to his appearance) and I was asking for opinions if, hypothetically, SN and/or CM were the ones who wanted to change their material instead on that album, how he would've reacted towards that. Would he have encouraged it (if they wanted to do this and not him)? Again, I guess we'll never really know but it's things like this I often wonder is all. So if anyone wants to chuck in a thought on that, I'm all ears.

We can agree to disagree respectfully on whether a band should be democratic or not. I guess I just thought that solo careers are for artists that wish to only look after their own needs and bands should be just that, but again, just my feelings, I know there are many bands that have had dominant forces that have released great recordings, some of my other favorite bands in fact, so I can relate to a degree to what you're saying.

I'm not sure if you read me wrong or not but I just wanted to say to be clear (yes again, sorry) that I agree with what you say about how Mick and John are on SYW but only in a mechanical way and because the bass and drums have been considered essential instruments for such musical arrangements.

I am glad that you can be more accepting of the SYW set up (as far as the non live work goes) than I am. Again this may seem harsher than I wish it to come across but yeah, I do lean towards the "2 solo albums pressed together" deal. It's debatable as to whether it's 100% due to CM's absense (as a member) as I think Mick & John being "yes men" not only to Lindsey, the producer but also to Stevie's people (Shanks and co.) is a large factor making the Fleetwood Mac name, just that, a name, printed on an album sleeve without standing for much now which is a depressing thought. Again though, it is just my thought I know.

As it's really just the music itself that I collect, maybe that's why I feel as strongly as I do regarding what I see as wrong in a band situation but again, that's just my feeling and I'll stop here and just agree to differ on that as I just had above.

We do agree again though that we'd sure love to see some jamming and spontaneity.

John
Old 11-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Ledgie

I agree with Lindsey's comments. I for one haven't missed Christine at all. With her out of the picture, it gives more time for Lindsey and Stevie to do their stuff onstage and on the album. Christine's songs onstage just weren't as good as the other two.