User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
Plus, I believe she had the most hits for the band. Don't Stop, You Make Lovin' Fun, Everywhere, Little Lies, and Hold Me are probably the Mac's most recognizable tracks, not to mention Say You Love Me and the less popular Think About Me.
Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Nice try, but no. Dreams, the only No. 1 hit, and Go Your Own Way, the one song that still gets played daily on the radio, have that honor. The third one would be Don't Stop, but if Clinton hadn't used it in 1992, it would not have remained as popular.

Actually, Eric's correct. Christine HAS written the most Fleetwood Mac songs that have hit the top 40 (I don't recall "Everywhere" being a hit, though):

Over My Head
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop
Think About Me
Hold Me
Little Lies
Skies The Limit
Save Me

Stevie has:
Rhiannon
Dreams
Sara
Gypsy
Seven Wonders
(and she didn't really write that one)

Lindsey only:
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Big Love
Old 08-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the other chick left too.
You are so bad!!

Also, I have to say although I know GYOW is still played in heavy rotation and Dreams was only the No. 1 hit and receives its fair share of airtime along with Landslide (both versions), I read that CM has had the most "hits" of the band and I hear her songs pretty much every day on the radio hear in Atlanta (hey they have some taste here!!!! ). So, "her" (I really consider them FM songs when all three voices are there and they all worked on them to some extent - call me crazy ) songs still gets as much airplay here as the other two in the band.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you took what I said as a personal affront, you need to lighten up, especially since I hadn't directed one single comment at you. There is no proviso on this thread, or any other, that comments posted be only positive.

Take a deep breath.
I did not take it personally, nor did I find that your comment was directed at me. I was just giving my view on the subject. All I was doing was disagreeing with what you said. I just thought it was nice for a change that someone actually said something positive about Christine, and some of what you said was not really along the lines of positive. Hey, everybody say what they want, as long as I get to put my two cents in .
Old 08-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
Her being gone is what made me want to check out Fleetwood Mac!

I'm a pretty new fan, but I somehow sensed that her not being there just wasn't right. So I picked up all the Welch era stuff plus some Steive/Lindsey era stuff and have come to the conclusion that I'm not interested in Fleetwood Mac at all without her. Their lame new single "Say You Will" worsens the situation.

Lindsey wrote some good tracks, and Stevie would sometimes have the 1 or 2 powerhouse tracks on the albums, but Christine is the most consistant pleaser out of all of them. Plus, I believe she had the most hits for the band. Don't Stop, You Make Lovin' Fun, Everywhere, Little Lies, and Hold Me are probably the Mac's most recognizable tracks, not to mention Say You Love Me and the less popular Think About Me.

Plus, she plays the keyboards and yeah, she is adorable. She's not a knockout beauty like Stevie but she has a really adorable natural beauty to her, although I have seen some pretty raunchy pictures of her. We all have bad days though. Overall though she just seems like a really nice, down to earth person.

My favorite shot in the Dance is when she sings the "well I wish you were busy with mine" line from Temporary One when she shrugs her shoulders, like she's really bummed that somebody's not paying enough attention to her. It makes you wanna give her a hug.
Once again, I completely agree with everything Eric said. I think the reason she's been so overlooked is because she always let her work speak for herself. She's never been one to draw attention to herself, which I've always liked. She's a class act. The only thing Eric missed was her first solo album & her Chicken Shack stuff. Those were also pretty great, too.

And, Everywhere was definitely a hit. It got up to #14 on the singles charts. I still hear it on the radio from time to time.

Last edited by macfan 57; 08-29-2003 at 10:50 AM..
Old 08-29-2003, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xdreamsunwindx
I did not take it personally, nor did I find that your comment was directed at me. I was just giving my view on the subject. All I was doing was disagreeing with what you said. I just thought it was nice for a change that someone actually said something positive about Christine, and some of what you said was not really along the lines of positive. Hey, everybody say what they want, as long as I get to put my two cents in .
You can disagree all you want. But when you start questioning whether I should have posted something because you perceived it as "negative" or whatever, take a step back and ask yourself whether you should even bother to post that. I'm not here to please you. I state my opinions. Don't like them? Tough ****.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:00 AM

Let me clarify what I meant earlier: No doubt Christine had the most hits. But hits are here today, gone tomorrow. People don't even remember Everywhere was a hit. I haven't heard You Make Loving Fun on the radio for a long time. The same goes for most of her other hits, though I heard Little Lies on the radio recently, which was a bit of a surprise. That was the first time in years.

My point: You are more likely to hear Dreams, Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop, and even The Chain, today on the radio. Go Your Own Way was picked as one of American pop music's 300 best songs for some Smithsonian list or other.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Christine. Her hitmaking abilities got Fleetwood Mac a lot of airplay through the years. But, from a personal perspective, her songs are the most forgetable. That's not necessarily bad, considering I wish I could forget songs like Welcome to the Room... Sara and When I See You Again, but they are so horrible they've lodged themselves in the corner of my mind reserved for indelible gruesome images of cadavers and bad car accidents.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can disagree all you want. But when you start questioning whether I should have posted something because you perceived it as "negative" or whatever, take a step back and ask yourself whether you should even bother to post that. I'm not here to please you. I state my opinions. Don't like them? Tough ****.
I did not question anything you said! All I did was post what I thought! Who the hell said you were here to please me? All I did was disagree. If it make things any simpler I won't say anything ever again. I respect your right to have your opinion, but, I have that right as well. Sorry, I won't say one more thing!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I did not question anything you said!
Earlier:

Quote:
why come in to a thread saying nice things about Chris and basically do something that's on the line of dissing her?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You people amuse me...really. Just like children (only a little more disturbing b/c we're all adults here). Bitch, bitch, bitch. I'm going to start calling The Ledge "The Bitch Board".

Susie

P.S. I miss Christine too.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not question anything you said!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier:

quote:
why come in to a thread saying nice things about Chris and basically do something that's on the line of dissing her?
Sorry, OK? Can we please drop it? I'm an argumentive idiot, I can't always help my stupid mouth, lol. Sorry, I won't do it again.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Peeps in to say...

I love Miss Christine too!! Her songs are poppy and fun and her early stuff is great!!

Some people want an all male FM

Some people want a Stevie/Lindsey/Christine FM

Some people want a Stevie/Lindsey only FM

Some people want a Stevie only FM

Some people want a Peter Green FM

Some people want a Billy Burnette/Rick Vito/Stevie/Christine FM

Some people want a Billy Burnette/Dave Mason/Bekka FM

ETC....

Hey, guess what.....we can ALL have those, because they've ALL made FM albums....so YAY US.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool I miss Christine

I was watching Rumours Classic Albums (or whatever it's called) last night and it came to the bit where Ken plays the chorus from Dreams with just the three voices.

That's why I miss Christine.

I bought Say You Will and I'm glad I did but there are some songs where I know the chorus is about to kick in and when it does that's when I miss her most.

I think I'll miss her at Earl's Court because personally I like being sung a lullaby at the end of a concert.

But as life goes sailing on (as someone once said) all things change.

Will we ever see a solo album?

If so how will she promote it? I can't see any record company putting it out and not expecting her to at least do some promotion (a few interviews etc)

Gail
Old 08-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nice try, but no. Dreams, the only No. 1 hit, and Go Your Own Way, the one song that still gets played daily on the radio, have that honor. The third one would be Don't Stop, but if Clinton hadn't used it in 1992, it would not have remained as popular.

Christine is a solid, consistent player, and she has a great voice. But her lyrics for the most part were rather banal. I'm glad she's not in Fleetwood Mac anymore, and not because I wanted her our or anything, but because this way I got more Lindsey music. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the other chick left too.
So what if Dreams was the only #1? I think a bunch of #3 and #8 songs are better then one hit single! Plus, I really feel like Little Lies and You Make Loving Fun get played on the stations more. I just happen to hear them more.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Christine is a solid, consistent player, and she has a great voice. But her lyrics for the most part were rather banal. I'm glad she's not in Fleetwood Mac anymore, and not because I wanted her our or anything, but because this way I got more Lindsey music. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the other chick left too.
You know what? I think the chicks in this band were why it was so popular. Other then Go Your Own Way, I have never heard any Buckingham song on the radio recently. Other then Peacekeeper, but that just came out. I really feel like as far as singing and Songwritting go, he is the least talented. Of course, everyone has there own opinion... I was just telling you mine since you decided to tell me yours!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
(I don't recall "Everywhere" being a hit, though):
[/B]
Wow it was here! I can, quite safely, say that Tango In The Night was the most famous Fleetwood Mac album around these parts of the world, and that "Little Lies" and "Everywhere" are the most played Fleetwood Mac songs in the radio stations here. "You Make Loving Fun" and "Hold Me" are the other two... who wrote them? Oh yes, Christine! We get "Go Your Own Way" only when it's Lindsey's birthday or something, and sometimes "Dreams" or "Sara". And that would be about it.

I think Christine's hitmaking abbility is unquestionable, and that without her Fleetwood Mac has lost a lot of the chemistry and perfect interaction they used to have as a band whilst she was there. There's always a "break" needed in the concerts and in the albums and she provided that. Plus her voice would have make some harmonies in the new album sound like gold. This album left some space for STEVIE songs (I seem to recall that Lindsey had already have 9 songs per album - Tusk anyone?), and she even tried to write a Christine-like potential "hit", the title track, which of course hasn't worked these days. I miss Christine, I think Fleetwood Mac is not the same without her and I think the best years of Fleetwood Mac are related to her (whether Stevie or Lindsey were involved or not, it's actually not rellevant in the case of her songs - in terms of quality she had good songs in both periods), but I don't want to see her coming back to Fleetwood Mac since it's now transformed into something like Lindsey Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac Featuring Stevie Nicks (Sometimes Only) and I wouldn't like her to be a part of that. Of course that works, and the sound is great, and the album is good, but this is Fleetwood Mac minus Christine McVie. And, to me, that is not the Fleetwood Mac that I knew and loved.

Of course I accept that some people actually like the idea of a Lindsey Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac... if we get good music from that (as we are getting), good anyway. As wondergirl wrote, there are Fleetwood Mac albums for anyone in here... and that's why I stopped crying about Christine's absence in Fleetwood Mac awhile ago, and also, as I stated before, I wouldn't want her back on the band.

Song of the moment - Hold Me