The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Live In Boston not getting enough press!

Anyone else think that Fleetwood Mac needs new PR people? I was looking through this Sunday's ads and only one store had a small little picture of Live In Boston, there have been no advertisments for the DVD sets, I have not seen any commercials for it, nothing is mentioned about it on the radio, there are no posters, no talk shows, they haven't performed on Leno, etc. Obviously if no one knows about the DVD set it is not going to sell good!

But I think if people actually knew about the DVD set they would buy it. Millions of people purchased The Dance, the same thing can happen again! This Boston DVD is not even on the Amazon top 100 DVDs and today is it's release date! That is sad considering The Dance (which just came out 7 years ago) was number one and sold millions.

Sorry for my rampage... I just want Fleetwood Mac back on top!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 06-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I here ya... Fleetwood Mac can never have too much press!

But there has been a lot of mentions (online anyway) about the release of the dvd in stores in newspapers from around the country... They also mention that it's a pbs special coming up, which I think will do pretty good for them.

Whether that translates to massive sales - who knows.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Ledgie

I agree. I have not heard a thing here other than the WBWC marathon last Thursday. They didn't do a whole lot for the SYW CD either if I remember correctly.

Terri
Old 06-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default reply

In the malls i have been to in the past couple weeks Fleetwood Mac keeps getting more and more promotion. There were posters on the walls at sam goody, they totally jammed the cds racks at best buy with fleetwood mac, and they were stocking up dance dvds and tango in the night. Im actually going to take a run down to the mall and buy it at best buy then maybe stop at burger king on the way home.

Jimmy
Old 06-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was a big reason why they aired what they did on VH1 Classics...not to mention from what I've heard, a lot of places that are airing Soundstage on PBS right now are doing so during a pledge drive so i'm sure that's drumming up a lot more interest and a lot of people are purchasing the DVD that way. Also, remember back in the beginning of May when Lindsey was on Headline News? That was to promote the live DVD. Not to mention, they've done radio interviews and things of that nature. They're getting the word out there. I wouldn't be surprised if VH1 (not Classics but VH1) mentions it a few times as well. I think it'll sell just fine, IMO.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I decided after Say You Will's release that it doesnt matter to me if it sells anymore, as long as I like it...it's not going to change, and I'm not going to fret over it...maybe if they really wanted it to sell they would put some bonus features or something on it? But nooo...so to me it's their problem, and I'm not worried about it

Chris
Old 06-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl

maybe if they really wanted it to sell they would put some bonus features or something on it? But nooo...so to me it's their problem, and I'm not worried about it

Chris
Fleetwood Mac only gives bonus material if they charge you for it .....and even then, they can't seem to give anything extra. $35 over list price is one heck of a lot of money for just the DR DVD.

Before someone comes along and says it, yes, we're all happy to have the DVD's but just once, you'd like them to do something that didn't have huge $$$$ attatched to it and if it does....give us something more than just a copy of a DVD show that already aired on tv.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I decided after Say You Will's release that it doesnt matter to me if it sells anymore, as long as I like it...it's not going to change, and I'm not going to fret over it...maybe if they really wanted it to sell they would put some bonus features or something on it? But nooo...so to me it's their problem, and I'm not worried about it

Chris
Yeah, as much as I've complained - oh well, nothing I can do about it. I'll watch it over & over again, I'm sure.

Paula
Old 06-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yes, there is a commercial...

I've seen it a couple of times -- once while surfing (not sure which channel) and once on Lifetime. It shows 6 or 7 individual song clips, and the titles of the songs fly around the screen with the typical "all the greatest hits from one of America's best-loved bands" voice-over. The whole commercial is very "blue" - either they tinted the image, or they showed mostly shots when the bandmates were lit with blue light. They even show John (for about .00025 seconds... ).

The whole thing seemed pretty professional, and a lot of the shots were "action-shots" of Stevie dancing and waving her arms and Lindsey during solos and doing his undulations. It made the concert seem really action-packed and energetic.