User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Boys of summer is one of the best songs of the 80's. In fact I would also agree that Building the Perfect Beast is also one of the best albums of the 80's. Lindsey played on that album which made it even better.
Ikr, I don't really like Don Henley or any of the Eagles to be honest but that's a great album. I like the song Lindsey is on it's really good, I like whenever he plays guitar you can always tell it's him.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Boston has resurfaced ,They are touring with Joan Jett, and Hall and Oats ( touring with with not a 70's group ,Tears for Fears ) I'm sure there will be other odd pairings like Stevie and the Pretenders to Fill arena and shed this summer and there are so many 70's groups with some original members out there STYX , Journey Cheap Trick , and I think there is a version of FOGHAT ( the only original member is the 2nd Drummer ) still out there

I think Hall & Oates and Tears for Fears should definitely add these festival dates to their tour this summer.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In fact I would also agree that Building the Perfect Beast is also one of the best albums of the 80's. Lindsey played on that album which made it even better.
Agree completely. BTPB is pretty much a perfect album, like Rumours. I was obsessed with it for a couple of years, when it came out.

And to someone else's post, yes, Glenn's solo career was very embarrassing. When the Eagles reconvened, it was PAINFULLY obvious who the star was...

Hint- it wasn't Glenn.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agree completely. BTPB is pretty much a perfect album, like Rumours. I was obsessed with it for a couple of years, when it came out.

And to someone else's post, yes, Glenn's solo career was very embarrassing. When the Eagles reconvened, it was PAINFULLY obvious who the star was...

Hint- it wasn't Glenn.
I don't care enough to listen to Glenn Frey (rip) music, so was it embarrassing in that it wasn't good or was it embarrassing in that it didn't sell as well as Don's? If the latter, then technically, you could say the same thing about Lindsey compared to Stevie when FM got back together. Or even Christine compared to Stevie.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't care enough to listen to Glenn Frey (rip) music, so was it embarrassing in that it wasn't good or was it embarrassing in that it didn't sell as well as Don's? If the latter, then technically, you could say the same thing about Lindsey compared to Stevie when FM got back together. Or even Christine compared to Stevie.
NOTHING to do with sales. I'm the last guy to care about that. Stevie is by far my least favorite in FM, so there goes that argument.
Glenn's music was CHEESY. The heat is on? Pop drivel. Crap!

Lay a turd on my plate, and I'll tell you that there's a turd on my plate. Hello, osotm!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I think Hall & Oates and Tears for Fears should definitely add these festival dates to their tour this summer.

Boston and Joan Jett just announced a tour this summer, they would also be good additions to these festivals.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Boston and Joan Jett just announced a tour this summer, they would also be good additions to these festivals.

?

Originally Posted by olive
Boston has resurfaced ,They are touring with Joan Jett, and Hall and Oats ( touring with with not a 70's group ,Tears for Fears ) I'm sure there will be other odd pairings like Stevie and the Pretenders to Fill arena and shed this summer and there are so many 70's groups with some original members out there STYX , Journey Cheap Trick , and I think there is a version of FOGHAT ( the only original member is the 2nd Drummer ) still out there
Old 03-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Why is everybody getting carried away with the Eagles.....I thought this was a Fleetwood Mac forum??????
Well their history is intertwined.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Well their history is intertwined.
That's not all that got intertwined.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's not all that got intertwined.
Stevie's hoo haw got intertwined with a couple Eagles talons.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If we're basing it off that then their history is intertwined with half the west coast.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Ikr, I don't really like Don Henley or any of the Eagles to be honest but that's a great album. I like the song Lindsey is on it's really good, I like whenever he plays guitar you can always tell it's him.
Agree wholeheartedly about Building the Perfect Beast. Boys of Summer is maybe my favorite song of the decade... it's def top three with Don't Dream It's Over and Every Breath You Take. I love the Mac's 80s work, but none of it quite rose to the level of those songs, IMO... but Countdown is probably my favorite song of the 90s!

The awesomeness of BTPB made The End of the Innocence one of the bigger musical disappointments I can recall. It's okay, but it's best song could barely compare to BTPB's worst. If these concerts do happen, I'd love to see Henley and LB perform a song or two together!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Agree wholeheartedly about Building the Perfect Beast. Boys of Summer is maybe my favorite song of the decade... it's def top three with Don't Dream It's Over and Every Breath You Take. I love the Mac's 80s work, but none of it quite rose to the level of those songs, IMO... but Countdown is probably my favorite song of the 90s!

The awesomeness of BTPB made The End of the Innocence one of the bigger musical disappointments I can recall. It's okay, but it's best song could barely compare to BTPB's worst. If these concerts do happen, I'd love to see Henley and LB perform a song or two together!
It would be an interesting combination to have the bands perform together.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It would be an interesting combination to have the bands perform together.
NO stage on the planet could hold all those egos.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
NO stage on the planet could hold all those egos.
If the bands performed together, how many ex-Lovers of Stevie would be on the stage at once?