User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I really have liked the Trump era so far and this album will likely enhance it and make it even more enjoyable!
That's unfortunate. I am looking forward to the album, though. Considering Tango basically was Buckingham-McVie Part I, I am curious what will be the result 30 years on.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

seems like a Mac machine is going into gear lately
Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping we get an actual release date in March. Ditto the Billy Burnette!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just have a sense that if we don't hear anything soon with this, the album ISN'T being released. Perhaps this was a ploy all along to get Stevie to finally cave and say "Ok, after my solo tour is done I'll hit the studio and we will release it as a band"
Old 02-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think CM and LB will be quite content releasing this, but I think they would both shelve it if SN said she wanted to part of the album. The longer it takes them to "get it finished" the more likely we are to see a full MAC album.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Entertainment Weekly website still lists the album as coming out in May. I do wonder if it might still be delayed if the Tango rerelease is delayed again, though.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The Entertainment Weekly website still lists the album as coming out in May. I do wonder if it might still be delayed if the Tango rerelease is delayed again, though.
On the contrary, I wonder if the Tango deluxe has been pushed back deliberately to put it closer to the new album. From a marketing angle I think it could be very beneficial to have them released quite close together. In terms of the interviews etc they could kill two birds with one stone.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think CM and LB will be quite content releasing this, but I think they would both shelve it if SN said she wanted to part of the album. The longer it takes them to "get it finished" the more likely we are to see a full MAC album.
Why would they have to shelve it? Add a few Stevie harmonies possibly removing a few LB/CMcV harmonies, add three new songs, do a photo shoot, and it's a good 'un.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling this album won't chart. And if it does, very very brief
Old 02-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling this album won't chart. And if it does, very very brief
It will still be enjoyed by many, even if it doesn't chart.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hope they move forward with the release. It's probably best for all at this point.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
On the contrary, I wonder if the Tango deluxe has been pushed back deliberately to put it closer to the new album. From a marketing angle I think it could be very beneficial to have them released quite close together. In terms of the interviews etc they could kill two birds with one stone.
I agree....I think the TANGO release was pushed back in order to piggyback it with the new album.
That said, I still think it odd that nothing more has been said since the intial article in the LA Times....no mention of a date, label, etc.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they're beyond caring about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
That said, I still think it odd that nothing more has been said since the intial article in the LA Times....no mention of a date, label, etc.
They're probably working out all of those details.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
I just have a sense that if we don't hear anything soon with this, the album ISN'T being released. Perhaps this was a ploy all along to get Stevie to finally cave and say "Ok, after my solo tour is done I'll hit the studio and we will release it as a band"
In late January, they said it would be tentatively released in May. That was only a month ago. Even I, the most impatient fan for this record, think getting updates until April would be unrealistic.

And I do have faith it'll come out. What I hope does NOT happen is that Stevie changes her mind and the rest lay down the project until she's ready in 2019 or something. If that happens, I'm out, over it, disgusted, done.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honesty, I don't think the four of them, or the thousands of people who want to hear this, worry all that much. The point of their collaboration was to give them an outlet for their artistic and musical energies. That's what we, as long time fans of their music want to hear. Do I hope it's a smash? Of course. Do they hope it's a smash? Of course. But it's the quality of the music that counts. I doubt we'll be disappointed.